• Hey, wait a minute, how was this preview image created with Hex Tex, we bought this at work, but realizing there is no way randomize the patern as shown in the preview image. Is there a combo technique you use?
  • You just need to do a little comp work in After Effects to achieve that look ;-)
  • Hey, wait a minute, how was this preview image created with Hex Tex, we bought this at work, but realizing there is no way randomize the patern as shown in the preview image. Is there a combo technique you use?
    Comp together some different-size as well as different-thickness hexagons.
    Hint: Try integer-multiple sizes. Eg: 120: 240, 360, etc
  • For those of us that are a little on the newer side, what do you mean by comp work? Also, I'm just wondering how it is you can get each hexagon centered inside another? I recognize that they all, I guess the term I'd use would be, originate from the single anchor point, but I'm having trouble with the odd offset.
  • Is there some sort of tutorial of how this works? How do you start creating?
  • Is there some sort of tutorial of how this works? How do you start creating?
    Hi Kendall,

I don't currently have the resources to record a full tutorial, but I've recreated something similar to the title graphic that I made several years ago. I'm attaching the aep (CC 2015) here if you'd like to study it.

Regards,
    Andrew
    aep
    aep
    hextex_demo.aep