Plexus OBJ Sequence Exporter for C4D
  • How can I prevent certain objects from exporting? Everything in the scene exports even though I have some objects' visibility turned off via Layers.
  • It seems that I cannot export the OBJ to match the frame rate of my render settings.

My scene is set up for 23.976 fps. 
    The OBJ exports at what appears to be 30 fps. It seems to ignore the render settings. I even tried to set the fps to 10 and it still output 30fps. 

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
  • What's your AE comp FPS?
    It seems that I cannot export the OBJ to match the frame rate of my render settings.

My scene is set up for 23.976 fps. 
    The OBJ exports at what appears to be 30 fps. It seems to ignore the render settings. I even tried to set the fps to 10 and it still output 30fps. 

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

• Can we expect an update for R14 ?
    Starting Cinema R14 with the Plexus Plugin causes a freezing of Cinema 4D.
  • Would also like to add that R14 is crashing with the the OBJ exporter for plexus 2.
  • Yes, we are working on a new version that will be R14 compatible.  As soon as it is ready we will notify you.

Also, you can always check what version products are compatible with by checking the 'COMPATIBILITY' tab on the product page.
  • hi.
    After-effects from the point of the camera is changed when importing
    I want the exact point of the camera to be interlocked in After Effects
    I uses the R12 version
  • You might need to invert the Y axis.  Please watch the demo.
  • I have tried to export an .obj sequence ( I think generated with Poser?) from C4D and when I import into After Effects  I get a double model:
    The animated one, and a still one that doesn't move. Any ideas?
  • You need to verify that you don't have an extra copy in your project.  That is most likely the reason.
  • The generated OBJ files do not contain data that I can import into 3D element. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

• Please can you help me?

• Hallo, is anybody home?
  • The generated OBJ files do not contain data that I can import into 3D element. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

I'm guessing this plugin isn't build for exporting OBJ files to Element 3D because not all of the data (normals, texture cordinates) are included. Maybe Lloyd is working on this to in his next release. 

You should check out the Riptide plugin for exporting OBJ's to Element 3D. 
  • Willem is correct.  As noted on the product page the OBJ exporter does not export normals or texture coordinates.  In the future if you need immediate help please open a support ticket
  • any idea when the R15 update for this plugin will be released?
  • If the current version is not working for you please open a support ticket and we can investigate it.
  • Is this plug-in not compatible with C4D Lite? Because I cannot seem to get it working.
  • Is this plug-in not compatible with C4D Lite? Because I cannot seem to get it working.
    C4D Lite does not work with any plugins. To use plugins you need a full version of C4D. This is a limitation implemented by Maxon, please let them know you'd like to use plugins in C4D Lite!!  The more people that requested the more likely they'll implement it :)
  • When trying to use Plexus OBJ export which I just bought yesterday from Cinema 4D student licence wich I also installed yesterday too and is working fine, I get this message "Please activate or renew your student version first", my licence is new and cinema 4D R16 is working and saving files absolutely fine, any one know why? I installed Plexus exporter R14 and above.
    Thanks 
  • When trying to use Plexus OBJ export which I just bought yesterday from Cinema 4D student licence wich I also installed yesterday too and is working fine, I get this message "Please activate or renew your student version first", my licence is new and cinema 4D R16 is working and saving files absolutely fine, any one know why? I installed Plexus exporter R14 and above.
    Thanks 
    Please contact Maxon for help with your Cinema 4D license.  
  • Love using this plug-in.

I do have a feature request. I'm using this with X-Particles and sometimes want to use an object to emit particles.
    But when I export for Plexus, not only do I get my particles, I also get the vertices from the emitter object.

It would be great if Plexus recognized the 'stop light' feature in the object manager as to which vertices you want to export.
    If you have RENDER stop light red, don't export those vertices.

Thanks again for a great product.
  • I have the following problem with OBJ Sequence Exporter: I can export the OBJ-files with C4D. But when I open them in After Effects, there is no object. When I was working with C4D R16 in 2017, this worked. I could use these OBJ files in After Effects back then. Now I have Cinema4D R19 and it doesn't work anymore. It's also interesting that it doesn't work with C4D R16 now either. I can open the old OBJ files from 2017 in After Effects and they still work. Only the new ones don't work anymore. What am I doing wrong?

• I have the following problem with OBJ Sequence Exporter: I can export the OBJ-files with C4D. But when I open them in After Effects, there is no object. When I was working with C4D R16 in 2017, this worked. I could use these OBJ files in After Effects back then. Now I have Cinema4D R19 and it doesn't work anymore. It's also interesting that it doesn't work with C4D R16 now either. I can open the old OBJ files from 2017 in After Effects and they still work. Only the new ones don't work anymore. What am I doing wrong?

open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1