• No answer...   :(

We definitely plan on supporting as many foreign languages as possible, it just requires a lot of work so we will proceed based on user demand so your request has been files, sorry for the lack of answer right away.
  • Cool concept for a script, was hoping the menu commands would be more comprehensive. Certain plugins available in the menu don't seem to be launchable through quick menus, things like: Newtown in the Composition Menu, Animation composer in the window menu, and there is no reveal in finder option for the mac, only reveal in windows exploer which doesn't seem to work on the mac os.

Is there a way to add custom menu commands?

Unfortunately that's not possible in the current version. But I'm working on that for the next version.
  • Hello,

I am just testing your trial version of Quick Menu and I really love this script. But it seems that the Global Settings are not saved. After every restart I can't search for other scripts. All boxes in the settings are unmarked.

I hope there is a solution for the problem.

• Hello,

I am just testing your trial version of Quick Menu and I really love this script. But it seems that the Global Settings are not saved. After every restart I can't search for other scripts. All boxes in the settings are unmarked.

I hope there is a solution for the problem.

Hi Thomas,

Can you please open a support ticket and let us know which version of AE and OS you are using?
  • Hi Edgar,

I have opened a support ticket.
  • Hello,
    I do not recommend locking interface of AE when Quick Menu opened. 
  • Love this script — absolutely essential, but one minor wrinkle: tapping the down arrow only gets me to the end of my text, rather than selecting the next  entry down my list. I have to hit TAB first and then arrows work. Is this the intended way for it to work or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

(I'm on Mac, OSX Yosemite 10.10.5, and AE CC2014 (13.2.0.49))
  • Love this script — absolutely essential, but one minor wrinkle: tapping the down arrow only gets me to the end of my text, rather than selecting the next  entry down my list. I have to hit TAB first and then arrows work. Is this the intended way for it to work or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

(I'm on Mac, OSX Yosemite 10.10.5, and AE CC2014 (13.2.0.49))
    Actually you should be able to do that. If it's not working for you please open a support ticket 
  • Thanks Edgar — I had restarted AE and it still wasn't working. An unrelated crash had me restart the whole machine, and now it works. Thanks — this script is what I was hoping for after getting addicted to the commander in Cinema 4D.
  • Hey Edgar Huanca, awesome plugin!

Question, I am on my Macbook Pro, I have it connected to an extra monitor. Whenever I run the script it pops up on my laptop screen, not my 2nd monitor (where after effects is located). I can seem to drag the Quick Menu window around. Am I missing something, will this come in a later update? It would be awesome to put it in a different location on whichever monitor I would like.

Thanks!
  • Question, I am on my Macbook Pro, I have it connected to an extra monitor. Whenever I run the script it pops up on my laptop screen, not my 2nd monitor (where after effects is located). I can seem to drag the Quick Menu window around. Am I missing something, will this come in a later update? It would be awesome to put it in a different location on whichever monitor I would like. 
    Currently no way to choose on which monitor it will show up  but sure I will consider it for a future version.
  • Setting for search in ui scripts etc are not saving, so cant use it.
    Ticket submitted
  • Setting for search in ui scripts etc are not saving, so cant use it.Ticket submitted
    Hi Lukas,
    Thanks you for submitting a ticket, we will take a look and get back to you.
  • Running CC14 the setting window button does not appear when running the script so it isn't possible to create a short cut key for the script, any suggestions on a soultion?

Thanks

• Running CC14 the setting window button does not appear when running the script so it isn't possible to create a short cut key for the script, any suggestions on a soultion?

Thanks

Are you running Windows 8.1 and a High-Dpi display? If so that is a known bug in CC2014 that was fixed in CC2015.  So either change the OS, display or upgrade AE to solve the issue.  If this is not the case please open a support ticket with some screenshots so we can help you further.
  • I've downloaded the trail version of this script, I can't however seem to connect to the Shortcuts file. It doesn't appear in the OS dialog, even though I can see the hidden files. Is there any way I can add this manually to the shortcuts txt file? I'm on CC2015.

Thanks!
  • I've downloaded the trail version of this script, I can't however seem to connect to the Shortcuts file. It doesn't appear in the OS dialog, even though I can see the hidden files. Is there any way I can add this manually to the shortcuts txt file? I'm on CC2015.

Thanks!
    Yes, this help article explains how: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/modify-keyboard-shortcuts.html

You will want to edit ExecuteScriptMenuItem01 or ExecuteScriptMenuItem02 depending on whether you are on mac or windows
  • I know that the trial is limited, so will it be possible to access all of the menu items like "New Light", "New Camera", etc. via Quick Menu, once it's registered? 
  • I know that the trial is limited, so will it be possible to access all of the menu items like "New Light", "New Camera", etc. via Quick Menu, once it's registered? 
    The menu items should work in the trial, are you running AE in english? Menu commands are only supported in English
  • Please add the ability to add blank text layers! Thank you!
  • Please add the ability to add blank text layers! Thank you!

You can use the AE built in T shortcut to get the text tool and create a text layer with one click.
  • is it possible to add the ability to search for Extensions?
  • is it possible to add the ability to search for Extensions?
    In the current version no. but in the next version sure you will. Please give us a little more time. 
  • After launching the script in AE, I'm not prompted to assign a shortcut, and I can't access the settings menu. There's no menu button. Here's what I get when I run the script.

I'm using AE 2017. Is this a bug? Will it be fixed?
  • After launching the script in AE, I'm not prompted to assign a shortcut, and I can't access the settings menu. There's no menu button. Here's what I get when I run the script.

Hi Brien,

Can you please open a support ticket and let us know which exact version of AE and OS you are using?
  • This is broken for me as well. Works in CC 17.0.1 not in CC 17.1.

After launching the script in AE, I'm not prompted to assign a shortcut, and I can't access the settings menu. There's no menu button. Here's what I get when I run the script.

Hi Brien,

Can you please open a support ticket and let us know which exact version of AE and OS you are using?

After launching the script in AE, I'm not prompted to assign a shortcut, and I can't access the settings menu. There's no menu button. Here's what I get when I run the script.

Hi Brien,

• Hi Dorian

This is broken for me as well. Works in CC 17.0.1 not in CC 17.1.

• Can't access the settings. The window pop up if launching the script but it doesn't have the top buttons it used to.
    In on Windows 10 and using adobe cc 2017.1 release.
    Hope this will get fixed soon. Quick Menu is so much better than ConsoleFx.
  • Can't access the settings. The window pop up if launching the script but it doesn't have the top buttons it used to. In on Windows 10 and using adobe cc 2017.1 release. Hope this will get fixed soon. Quick Menu is so much better than ConsoleFx.
    Yes this bug appeared in AE 2017.1. For sure we will fix it.
  • Can you guys make you script search not only for first letters, but anywhere in the words? Many scripts names start with weird letters like AED_, BR_, dj, el_, ft-, pt_, PQ, etc. One can't remember their exact names (this goes for menus as well), so this feature is obvious!
  • Can you guys make you script search not only for first letters, but anywhere in the words? Many scripts names start with weird letters like AED_, BR_, dj, el_, ft-, pt_, PQ, etc. One can't remember their exact names (this goes for menus as well), so this feature is obvious!
    It's already in QM 2.0 which I hope to release soon. Please give us little more time. 
  • Is there a way to tell QuickMenu which monitor to appear on?
  • Is there a way to tell QuickMenu which monitor to appear on?
    Not in the current version but you'll be able to do that in the next version QM 2.0. Please give us a little more time.
  • In latest version of Ae 14.2.0.198, QuickMenu's drop down menu to set the shortcut no longer drops down, so you can't set the shortcut.

Click and hold-down on dropdown button. Then use up and down arrow kets.

• For everyone who's having the same problem that Brien experienced.

Meanwhile I figure out what's the problem. you'll have to workaround it by selecting the dropdown then use the Up and Down arrow keys to select the shortcut.

Thanks Brien

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • I'm trying to use this with AE 14.2.0.198 but I'm not seeing or able to click on the Quick Menu settings in the top right corner. I can launch the script but I'm not able to assign a keyboard shortcut without that menu. Does anyone have a workaround?
  • I'm trying to use this with AE 14.2.0.198 but I'm not seeing or able to click on the Quick Menu settings in the top right corner. I can launch the script but I'm not able to assign a keyboard shortcut without that menu. Does anyone have a workaround?

,Can you please open a support ticket we'll follow up there.

I'm having the same issue:
    After Effects 2017.2 Release
    Version 14.2.0.198
    Mac OS 10.11.6
    I'm having the same issue:
    After Effects 2017.2 Release
    Version 14.2.0.198
    Mac OS 10.11.6
    Adrian can you please open a support ticket we'll follow up there.
  • Same here. I think it is tied to the new UI in AE.
    You can set individual panels to use the legacy UI, but not on a app wide base I think, can you? 
  • Same here. I think it is tied to the new UI in AE.
    You can set individual panels to use the legacy UI, but not on a app wide base I think, can you? 
    Coen could you please open a support ticket we'll follow up there. Thanks
  • Same Issue here, There is no icon for the quick menu settings in the top right corner. AE 14.0.0.198, Going to open a support ticket.
  • Yeah, does not work in After Effect 14.2.0.198
    Cant change the settings in the top right corner
  • Yeah, does not work in After Effect 14.2.0.198
    Alexander could you please open a support ticket we'll follow up there. Thanks
  • Same for version 14.2.1.34!
    I'm dying without my quick menu! I already added a support ticket
    Yeah, does not work in After Effect 14.2.0.198

• Hi everyone,
    I uploaded QM version 1.2 this update will fix the following bugs:

- Logo icon not being drawn
    - No Settings Window button (So no access to Settings window)

Please update to this version if you experience any of the bugs mentioned above.

NOTE : For AE 2017.2 users,I'm still trying to figure out a fix for the bug with dropdownlist holding the keyboard keys. In the meantime you can easly workaround it by selecting the dropdownlist, then use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to select the one you want.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • it needs to be faster, it has a tittle bit of lag while bring it on. and u need to add some flexibility in typing, why I need to type it in order such as typing saturation will not bring hue/saturation and saturation, I have to type hue to show hue/saturation in the menu ?! at least make it behave like searching in effects&Preset menu. also why I need to click Esc to close it, I could click away and it should disappear. 

over all its good as it has access to lot of thing such as creating Adjustment Layer, or adding a solid while I didnt really figure out what I should type but Im sure it could do it, it just need some improvement to be a must have script for all AE user 
  • Hi Hussain,

it needs to be faster, it has a tittle bit of lag while bring it on.

No user has reported that. Please open a support ticket to see what's going on. 

and u need to add some flexibility in typing, why I need to type it in order such as typing saturation will not bring hue/saturation and saturation, I have to type hue to show hue/saturation in the menu ?! at least make it behave like searching in effects&Preset menu.

For sure that'll be possible in the upcoming verion 2.0

also why I need to click Esc to close it, I could click away and it should disappear.

First of all, you shouldn't use the Esc key to close it since it can cause an error, that key is used by AE to force exit whichever script that's currently running. There is another shortcut to close it (Ctrl+w). It's that way due to AE's scripting limitations.

over all its good as it has access to lot of thing such as creating Adjustment Layer, or adding a solid while I didnt really figure out what I should type but Im sure it could do it, it just need some improvement to be a must have script for all AE user 

To better undestand how the searching engine works please read the Serching Engine section of the user manual. 

• Hi Everyone,

CC 2018 users please update to version 1.2.1

Fixed bugs:
    - QM not running in CC 2018

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi,

I update my After effects to latest versions 2018 

and I've installed the latest version from Quick Menu, But the problem is that the shortcut file not found, can you help me?