• Hi, 
    Textevo 2 on After Effects 2022 PC is so laggy that it's near to no usable.
    Will you propose an update to improve the compatibility ?
  • Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback. 
    Great script but when you copy / paste some text Evo settings, it usually doesn't paste where your cursor is on the timeline...
    Indeed I will correct this behavior .
    Howdy,
    In your promo vid there is a section of text that breaks into pieces.
    Was that done with TextEvo 2?

No sorry this is the only effect in the video that was not done with textvo ^^ .

Also couldn't see the option to animate Kerning/Letter Spacing within the TextEvo 2 transform tools.
    Cheers.

This parameter is in the group "style" its name is "tracking amount".

Hi, 
    Textevo 2 on After Effects 2022 PC is so laggy that it's near to no usable.
    Will you propose an update to improve the compatibility ?
    Do you have this concern in all situations? I don't have this kind of problem on AE 22
  • I have been using Textevo2 for a few years, but it seems very laggy on AE.2022...
    That's unfortunate...
  • Love love love this plugin, I use it every single day. One question - is there a way to have the effect only affect a portion of text? Using AE's basic text animator you can define a portion of the text to apply the effect to, I wondered if that was doable with TE2?
  • V 01 is by far better. You cant bounce the text back anymore. much more limiting or maybe just much more confusing to use. You cant actually do the things in the the film above as the settings have been removed since the new version. If Im Wrong Matthieu, please tell me.
  • Experiencing the slow downs in AE 2022 :(
    Are there any plans to fix this?  
    I hope so! This plugin is the best! 
  • I have been using Textevo2 for a few years, but it seems very laggy on AE.2022...
    That's unfortunate...

Experiencing the slow downs in AE 2022 :(
    Are there any plans to fix this?  
    I hope so! This plugin is the best! 
    sorry I don't have this problem personally, are you on mac?  
  • V 01 is by far better. You cant bounce the text back anymore. much more limiting or maybe just much more confusing to use. You cant actually do the things in the the film above as the settings have been removed since the new version. If Im Wrong Matthieu, please tell me.
    There is nothing you can't do with V2, there are even more possibilities. Don't hesitate if you have any questions. 
  • Hey there,
    Does anyone know how to get the text to transform from the centre of the characters?

If I apply a scale up transform it scales from the baseline upwards. I'd Like to get them to grow from the middle of each letter.

I tried adjusting the anchor point but it just ads movement to the letters on the Y, not the desired effect.
  • Love this plugin, but as others have said it's slow in AE 2022. Maybe needs to be updated to support multi-frame rendering?
  • Hi, I use Textevo 2 loads but can't figure out how to change between animating characters, words or lines. The documentation on your site says to edit the instance but where is that in the settings?

Thanks
  • Rus Hudda said:
    Hi, I use Textevo 2 loads but can't figure out how to change between animating characters, words or lines. The documentation on your site says to edit the instance but where is that in the settings?

Thanks
    Hi , 

This is the fourth button on the toolbar
  • How do I apply kbar to this script?
  • Love this plugin, but sometimes the interface becomes unresponsive. The delete button does nothing and I can't change the 'based on'. Restarting AE doesn't change the behaviour; even in the same comp, it works perfectly in some text layers but not others. Seems very strange, and this is a new problem that started in AE 2023 I think. I'm running v2.0.0, which should be compatible. See link for an example – you can see at 00:18 I paste the TextEvo effect (which is working fine) on to a new layer, and instead it pastes it on to the original layer. Odd behaviour!

• Under the text layer, expand the "text" options, expand "More Options" and there you can change the anchor point grouping (so you can scale/rotate by word instead of by character). You can also move where in the letter the anchor point is with the "grouping alignment" option. It would be super cool if TextEvo did this for you when you changed the based on option so definitely a suggestion for a future update.

Hey there,
    Does anyone know how to get the text to transform from the centre of the characters?

If I apply a scale up transform it scales from the baseline upwards. I'd Like to get them to grow from the middle of each letter.

I tried adjusting the anchor point but it just ads movement to the letters on the Y, not the desired effect.

• Max Allen said:
    Love this plugin, but sometimes the interface becomes unresponsive. The delete button does nothing and I can't change the 'based on'. Restarting AE doesn't change the behaviour; even in the same comp, it works perfectly in some text layers but not others. Seems very strange, and this is a new problem that started in AE 2023 I think. I'm running v2.0.0, which should be compatible. See link for an example – you can see at 00:18 I paste the TextEvo effect (which is working fine) on to a new layer, and instead it pastes it on to the original layer. Odd behaviour!

I'm sorry that you have these problems, I see that only macOs users have problems. I have to get an apple machine and investigate. Thank you for your feedback
  • If textevo effect is added first time , it works great.
    But if I remove that effect and add a new textevo effect , then it doesn't work properly.
  • Hello Matthieu, I just downloaded your script - I love it, thank you. I'm wondering, though, is there a way to control exactly when a given word comes up? Let me clarify what I'm asking by way of example. Say I have a paragraph of text, the individual words of which animate on letter by letter to form the word, but I need control over when the next word starts animating on as I'm animating see-and-say against a voice-over.
  • I cannot save animation preset with these TexteEvos. Can't TextEvo save preset with changed effect name?
  • Hi I saw a comment earlier and it's probably my most requested feature

"If you could add a parameter to control smoothness for opacity so that letters pop on instead of fade on, that would be epic. Thanks!"

Is there a way to do this already? or is this something in the pipeline? It's probably the one thing that limits me using this software full time as it's incredible in most areas. 

Thanks! 
  • I cannot save animation preset with these TexteEvos. Can't TextEvo save preset with changed effect name?
    You can save your presets, but not in this way. You must either use the system included in the script, or to save as an After Effects preset using the method described at the end of the FAQ: https://textevo.github.io/faq/

"If you could add a parameter to control smoothness for opacity so that letters pop on instead of fade on, that would be epic. Thanks!"

Is there a way to do this already? or is this something in the pipeline? It's probably the one thing that limits me using this software full time as it's incredible in most areas. 

Thanks! 
    Hello, I'm sorry but unless I don't understand the question, there's no need for a feature to do that. I hope this video can help you, otherwise don't hesitate to ask me the question again.

zip
    zip
    AfterFX_qD9oSIZhrj.zip

Thanks! 
    Hello, I'm sorry but unless I don't understand the question, there's no need for a feature to do that. I hope this video can help you, otherwise don't hesitate to ask me the question again.

Thanks for getting back! No not quite. See, with that example the text fades on when, what I'm looking for is the type to come on say one word at time like a typewriter. 

To my knowledge Text Evo can't do this? I'm having to add on an additional opacity property in the text drop, drop the smoothness down to 0 so it comes on one word or one letter at a time for example. The trouble with this is the timings doesn't always mesh up with the Text Evo animations hence why or if it's possible to include in a future update. The ability to manipulate the smoothness of the opacity 

Let me know if this isn't clear :) 
  • Though saying that, think I just cracked it after so long lol! So to have the opacity working like a typewriter and not like a gradient I did the following:

- Create an additional Text Evo present on the same piece of text. This will act as your opacity only
     - Bring "Opacity" down to zero
     - Now in the timeline, bring your two keyframes together of the opacity layer at the start of your animation. Just one frame between them.
     - Now in Delay, change to say 2.00 or what ever time you need. The opacity now works without the smoothness

Hope that helps anyone out there

Amazing piece of software you've built Wlazinski Matthieu! :)
  • Though saying that, think I just cracked it after so long lol! So to have the opacity working like a typewriter and not like a gradient I did the following:

- Create an additional Text Evo present on the same piece of text. This will act as your opacity only
     - Bring "Opacity" down to zero
     - Now in the timeline, bring your two keyframes together of the opacity layer at the start of your animation. Just one frame between them.
     - Now in Delay, change to say 2.00 or what ever time you need. The opacity now works without the smoothness

Hope that helps anyone out there

Amazing piece of software you've built Wlazinski Matthieu! :)
    Great, I had understood the opposite, sorry about that. Glad you figured out how to do it ;-)!
  • Hey Wlazinski Matthieu 

Found a bug - when you rename each Text Evo you've added to say "position in" - it breaks the chain of command. It actually now crashed AE if you attempt to do this so just a heads up 
  • Just some love for this script. Real time saver. Thanks
  • Hey Wlazinski Matthieu 

Found a bug - when you rename each Text Evo you've added to say "position in" - it breaks the chain of command. It actually now crashed AE if you attempt to do this so just a heads up 

If you need assistance, please open a Support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=781&direct=1
  • This is an absolute brilliant script/plugin. The only thing I've had trouble with is adjusting the timing of when certain words animate. It seems like it's been asked before, but still not really clear... The animation itself is great, but if I want to only apply it on the first 2 words, and then wait before it more on to next few words on the line, I'm not sure how to accomplish (kind of like keyframing the range selector on a normal text animator)... any insight appreciated!
  • Is there any way to use Text Evo to apply a random value min/max to text i.e. apply a value to the X, Y or Z from -100 to +100 instead of just a single positive value? Would be quite useful...
  • I can't save my preset in the preset panel, I tried shift+click and by adding via the Textevopreset panel but it doesn't appear after I saved it
  • ali son said:
    I can't save my preset in the preset panel, I tried shift+click and by adding via the Textevopreset panel but it doesn't appear after I saved it
    If you need assistance, please open a Support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=781&direct=1