Whole earth all in...
  • Trying to make a news maps template for my colleagues to use for daily news production. I was able to stuff the entire "world" Geojson shapes into one 3000x3000 comp. I did this without any optimization turned on. Then I did the same with just the borders at.5 pixels so that I have both the unselected land fill and the borders as separate layers.
    These layers are driven by the geolayer 1 comp acting as a "null" object to control pan and zoom.
    So now the artists just need to do a search for the country(s) they need to highlight, add those as new shape layers with the highlight fill color, and be sure they are between the fill and the border layers. Specific cities can be placed by locating them with a locator null and attaching the locator dot to it. Zoom is maxed at 30 on the 3dpoint attribute of the geolayer so things fit in the output comp.
    This is then pushed into a regular HD sized output comp where the labels are added.
    Since we rarely go in any closer than just the country it is a very fast workflow and a map can be done in only a few moments.
    As a side benefit the different continent groups can be turned off to speed things up a bit. For instance you don't need north and south america turned on if you are doing a map of an African country.
    PS if anyone has a good source for country regions, US states, rivers and stuff like that let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions