• Hi,

for me the script doesn't work. It says: 

"Unable to execute the script on line 148. Unable to create temp. image file".
    "AEGP Plugin Origami: Unable to create temp. image file"

Mac, AE CS6, allowed Scripts to write files…
    Pls Help, thanx
    Hi, Krystyna. Did you reload AE after you enabled scripts to write files?
  • Nik Ska said:

This was never disabled, so it sticks for years now concerning other scripts. So it was enabled while installing…
  • Nik Ska said:

This was never disabled, so it sticks for years now concerning other scripts. So it was enabled while installing…
    Ok, then it's better to open a support ticket. Please refer to the Troubleshooting page of README.pdf
  • Hi Nik,
    Is there any way we could have two controls for different origami shapes on the same comp? Because shadow in AE can't work with precomp. Because everytime we tried to have two controls on one comp, the second control won't work.
    Please help, thank you so much! Great plugin!
  • Can u make a video to explain how you use origami to make that trailer, i don't know how to work origami with other effect, plz :'(
  • Is there any way to restrict animation rotations so the "folded" mesh stays above a ground plane? I often want to have a shape unfold itself onto another layer, rather than just floating in space. Like a shape unfolding itself onto a piece of paper, or a piece of paper unfolding itself onto a wooden desk surface. At the moment, if you create an Origami animation and try putting a layer just behind it, half the fragments unfold from beneath it. The ones unfolding above look great, but half the fragments appear suddenly as they appear from behind the "ground" layer.

Just a way to restrict all X-rotations to being positive would work (... wouldn't it? Depends on if your animation code ever flips the orientation of fragments over, I suppose)

Got a couple of projects on the go at the moment I'd love to use Origami for, but this limitation gets in the way. (Haven't been able to use Origami for anything paid yet, but certainly don't regret supporting it - this is going to be a stunningly useful tool as it develops :)
  • Is there any way to restrict animation rotations so the "folded" mesh stays above a ground plane? I often want to have a shape unfold itself onto another layer, rather than just floating in space. Like a shape unfolding itself onto a piece of paper, or a piece of paper unfolding itself onto a wooden desk surface. At the moment, if you create an Origami animation and try putting a layer just behind it, half the fragments unfold from beneath it. The ones unfolding above look great, but half the fragments appear suddenly as they appear from behind the "ground" layer.

Just a way to restrict all X-rotations to being positive would work (... wouldn't it? Depends on if your animation code ever flips the orientation of fragments over, I suppose)

Got a couple of projects on the go at the moment I'd love to use Origami for, but this limitation gets in the way. (Haven't been able to use Origami for anything paid yet, but certainly don't regret supporting it - this is going to be a stunningly useful tool as it develops :)

Hi, Howard! Thanks for the idea. We've randomized direction on purpose to achieve more random looking animation, but it would be easy to allow you to control this behavior. We're developing a new Settings tab based on the users' feedback and I'm putting your suggestion on the list to implement.
  • I love your plug in...are you able to origami Moving Video? When I try to do it, the function doesn't create control layer. Is there any way around this?
  • I love your plug in...are you able to origami Moving Video? When I try to do it, the function doesn't create control layer. Is there any way around this?
    Hi, Stefan! What do you mean by "Moving Video"? A regular video, or a layer with Position property animated?
  • Nik Ska said:
    I love your plug in...are you able to origami Moving Video? When I try to do it, the function doesn't create control layer. Is there any way around this?
    Hi, Stefan! What do you mean by "Moving Video"? A regular video, or a layer with Position property animated?
    Correct a regular video. When I try to origami it, it splices but doesn't create a control layer. Am I missing something? 
  • Nik Ska said:
    I love your plug in...are you able to origami Moving Video? When I try to do it, the function doesn't create control layer. Is there any way around this?
    Correct a regular video. When I try to origami it, it splices but doesn't create a control layer. Am I missing something? 
    Please check Edit - Preferences - General, you should have "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" enabled.
  • I downloaded and paid for the plugin (script) right away... And thoroughly regret it.  I apply the simplest settings in the script, and it continuously crashes AE.  There's pretty much 0 things that I can do with it.  I am applying the effect to a single HD (1920x1080) png image file.  It sometimes works after four minutes of thinking.  But most of the time just hangs the program and crashes.  Is there a way to get a refund?  I think I followed all of the instructions and watched all of the tutorials :(
    MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Version 10.11.4 (15E65)

AE CS6

• I downloaded and paid for the plugin (script) right away... And thoroughly regret it.  I apply the simplest settings in the script, and it continuously crashes AE.  There's pretty much 0 things that I can do with it.  I am applying the effect to a single HD (1920x1080) png image file.  It sometimes works after four minutes of thinking.  But most of the time just hangs the program and crashes.  Is there a way to get a refund?  I think I followed all of the instructions and watched all of the tutorials :(
    MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Version 10.11.4 (15E65)

AE CS6

Hi, Peter. I'm sorry you're having this kind of issues. Since I need more information to address them, would you please open a support ticket and send us a collect of the scene that causes issues? That way I could suggest possible solutions. 
    Of course if nothing helps at all, we are going to refund.
  • I can't seem to get Origami to install in AE 2015.3.

I copied over the plugin and script UI from previous build but it doesn't load.

cheers,
    simon

• I can't seem to get Origami to install in AE 2015.3.

I copied over the plugin and script UI from previous build but it doesn't load.

cheers,
    simon

Hi, Simon. We've tested Origami on 2015.3 prerelease and it was working fine, yet we haven't updated our machines to 2015.3 release. Please specify, are you on Mac or Windows?
  • Hey there,

I still have the blank window issue.

Origami 1.03

AE 2015 (13.7.2.3), OSX 10.11.5 MacBook Pro Retina 2014 GT 750M 16GB

Best
    Daniel
  • Hey there,

I still have the blank window issue.

Origami 1.03

AE 2015 (13.7.2.3), OSX 10.11.5 MacBook Pro Retina 2014 GT 750M 16GB

Best
    Daniel
    Hi, Daniel. Would you please open a support ticket for that issue?
  • I would definitely be interested in this IF there was a tutorial on the trailer video.... or at least a prj file in the meantime, which demos how you created it. Great work otherwise!
  • Hi.
    Is it possible, that the installer don´t work with AE 2015-3?
    The installer creates an extra (older) AE directory.

Manually move into the subdirectory does not bring any working effect.
    many regards
    MAX
  • I would definitely be interested in this IF there was a tutorial on the trailer video.... or at least a prj file in the meantime, which demos how you created it. Great work otherwise!
    Same... still waiting for the tutorial... sadly I don't think it's coming for at least several months.
  • It is not as logical as the author explains. As mentioned by other comments, a tutorial on the "see what you can do with this cool plugin"-video would be essential to get up to speed. 
  • Oh man, Right-Click and paste doesn´t working :(
    I can´t type the license code too.

Please help.

I´m using windows 10 and AE cc 2015.3
    2016-08-09 11_17_19-Adobe After Effects CC 2015 - F__FIRE 2016_ELETRIC JELLY_AEP_Eletro_Jelly_dan.ae.png
    1001 x 460 - 130K
  • Any possibility there will be an option for making isometric triangles?
  • Any possibility there will be an option for making isometric triangles?

Sure, we are releasing an update and a new mesh pack pretty soon
  • Can you create an accordion roll-up/down effect with this? 
  • I'm getting "Initializing Animation Presets" loading bar every time I make a change to Origami - how can I fix this?
  • I'm getting "Initializing Animation Presets" loading bar every time I make a change to Origami - how can I fix this?
    Hi, Zach! Please submit a support ticket so we could solve this issue: 100% this should not appear.
  • Blank window for me....instead of clicking to close the origami script window, go again in the window menu in after and click origami again it will close the last opened, click once more and will show up fine this time....well at least worked that way for me.
    I'm running AE 2015.3 on a Mac Retina.

• Do you have a tutorial for the hex plugin yet?
  • Hi there

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF WE COULD SET THE MASK EXPANSION 
    like -1 to get a grid effect

and maybe random colors for masked layers like the one used for shapes
    or colors from original image

REGARDS

Very nice plugin :-)

• Hi
    We would really need a tutorial for the hex pack making of !!!
    Thanx

• Hi 
    Are you going to make it compatible with After Effects 2018? After Effects 2018 doesn't get detected by the installer.
    Thanks
  • Hey Nik .... I downloaded the latest version of Origami, and it's not doing a Voronoi cut of 20 pieces on a neither a PNG, PSD., nor a JPEG file in AE CC2018 (latest).  I need this ... like yesterday.  Is there an issue I need to know about?
  • Hey Nik .... I downloaded the latest version of Origami, and it's not doing a Voronoi cut of 20 pieces on a neither a PNG, PSD., nor a JPEG file in AE CC2018 (latest).  I need this ... like yesterday.  Is there an issue I need to know about?
    Hi, John! Sorry to hear that. There should be no issues, since we've tested Origami on CC2018. Please, open a support ticket and let us help you

• Hi 
    Are you going to make it compatible with After Effects 2018? After Effects 2018 doesn't get detected by the installer.
    Thanks
    Hello, script is listed as 2018 compatible however neither am I able to install to 2018 by default.  I navigated to the 2018 ScriptUI panels however the script does not appear.  Will this be addressed at some point?  (I notice the last mention of this from December has not been acknowledged yet)

UPDATE:  It gets installed in my 2015 folder even if I deselect it.  I manually copied the Origami subfolder and Origami.jsxbin and it seems to work.

• Hi! I am getting an space between my shapes? Any way to get rid of that? 

• We have installed Origami and cannot find it in After Effects 2018... we can see it in 2015.  Please help
  • We have installed Origami and cannot find it in After Effects 2018... we can see it in 2015.  Please help
    Update:  As Darren said below copying the Origami folder from 2015 to 2018 seems to work.
  • Hi, assuming the installer will be updated soon for 2019? Thanks!
  • Hi,

Is the making-of video coming? Some of us have been waiting for two years.

The developer wrote "The video is made with Origami (making of is on its way)"

Thanks.
  • When you will make a version for CC2019?
  • After Effects version 16.0.1 doesn't generate animation
  • Are you going to update this for AE CC 2019?  It's March
  • Are you going to update this for AE CC 2019?  It's March
    Hi Glen, we've updated Origami for CC2019 in October but it seems like we forgot to update the compatibility flags. 
    Thanks for pointing that out. Please download the latest version in your the My Downloads and Licenses of your aescripts account
  • Hi, is it possible to create your own mesh? rather than the preset ones?

Steve
  • Hi, is it possible to create your own mesh? rather than the preset ones?

Steve
    Hi Steve,

No, it's not possible to create custom mesh. Do you have any ideas on how you might want this feature implemented?

Nik
  • Why my serial number doesn't work for "Origami" script?
  • When will this be Ae 2020 compatible? Thx
  • Will we be getting a "making of" anytime soon?