• Bought it today to help my workflow with Rubber Hose. Love it already! It's awesome for projects with tons of expressions. Definitely worth the price point, especially those working with Rubber Hose.
  • Hello,

Works with after effects cc 2015.3 ?

Thx
  • Hello,

Works with after effects cc 2015.3 ?

Thx

Yep! Should work fine.
  • Hey Zack,

I'm currently having an issue with Easy Bake running on multiple layers in a comp in After Effects CC 2015.3.  When i run the script, it will get randomly hung up on a layer and not complete the baking/cleanup cycle.  I tried with the same file with the 2015 build of AE and the script runs great. Any solutions?

Thanks,
    Kris
  • Hey Zack,

I'm currently having an issue with Easy Bake running on multiple layers in a comp in After Effects CC 2015.3.  When i run the script, it will get randomly hung up on a layer and not complete the baking/cleanup cycle.  I tried with the same file with the 2015 build of AE and the script runs great. Any solutions?

Thanks,
    Kris
    Hey Kris! Can you please open a support ticket and attach an aep?
  • Can you bake parent-chain? Meaning that if I have NULL2 parented to NULL1... can I bake the NULL2 so it will inherit the movement from it parent but create keyframes that replaces the parenting.
  • Hey Zack, thank you very much for this great plugin. Unfortunately on my first try I baked an expression and I do see the keyframes but the layer is invisible. Do you know what i am doing wrong? Best regards, Anthony
  • Hey Zack, thank you very much for this great plugin. Unfortunately on my first try I baked an expression and I do see the keyframes but the layer is invisible. Do you know what i am doing wrong? Best regards, Anthony
    Can you please open a support ticket and attach an aep? We can not provide technical support via this comment board.
  • Hey Zack! 

Is this possible to call the script via another script? I have a script that starts renders for After Effects files but would like to bake some things in before the render starts. I thought your script could be well-suited for that. Is there an API of sorts that can be interacted with? 

Thanks, Seb

• Hey Zack! 

Is this possible to call the script via another script? I have a script that starts renders for After Effects files but would like to bake some things in before the render starts. I thought your script could be well-suited for that. Is there an API of sorts that can be interacted with? 

Thanks, Seb

Hey! This isn't possible just yet, but it's a great idea. We've added it to our task list to explore down the road!
  • Hi, this is a great job!
    If there is an update, I would like to see it, ignoring the script alert.
    Batch processing. Select the necessary precompose and start.

This will allow you to move away from the PC, and not be near it.

Thank
  • Hi, this is a great job!
    If there is an update, I would like to see it, ignoring the script alert.
    Batch processing. Select the necessary precompose and start.

This will allow you to move away from the PC, and not be near it.

Thank
    Handy idea! Will make a note, thanks.
  • Seems to be a nice script you got here!
    Q: When using "Joysticks 'n Sliders", Path Shape rigging/animation/controller result a real slow real-time playback feedback. Does this script solves that?
  • Waldo 3D said:
    Seems to be a nice script you got here!
    Q: When using "Joysticks 'n Sliders", Path Shape rigging/animation/controller result a real slow real-time playback feedback. Does this script solves that?
    This script will let you turn expression-heavy comps to keys; whether or not it solves your specific playback issues depends on whether the expressions are the reason playback is slow!

You can download a trial and check it out, see if it works for your case!
  • Hey! Is there support for baking CC2018's new "Create Nulls From Paths" feature? When I try to bake the nulls (that are controlling the path points), I get an error saying "No relevant layers/properties available" 
  • Hey! Is there support for baking CC2018's new "Create Nulls From Paths" feature? When I try to bake the nulls (that are controlling the path points), I get an error saying "No relevant layers/properties available" 
    Are the expressions on the nulls or the path? From what you've said, the expressions are on the path-- try baking that!

Also, in the future: If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• Any chance on getting path data baking anytime soon? Would be a great feature to have!
  • Any chance on getting path data baking anytime soon? Would be a great feature to have!
    Hey Alex!

What you could do to leverage Easy Bake is:
    • Enable an expression for this path property
    • Leave it at whatever the default expression is
    • Run Easy Bake on the property
    It should go ahead and bake it! But it won't be able to optimize the keys the way it can with numeric values.
    Hey Alex!

What you could do to leverage Easy Bake is:
    • Enable an expression for this path property
    • Leave it at whatever the default expression is
    • Run Easy Bake on the property
    It should go ahead and bake it! But it won't be able to optimize the keys the way it can with numeric values.
    I can't seem to get it to bake the path expression, all i get is "No relevant layers/properties available".
  • Hi Zack,
    I frequently run into the problem where the Easy Bake window doesn't close upon completion, and I can't close it with either the X or the Close button.   I'm on the newest AE, Windows 10.
  • Hi Zack,
    I frequently run into the problem where the Easy Bake window doesn't close upon completion, and I can't close it with either the X or the Close button.   I'm on the newest AE, Windows 10.
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• Does it work w/AE 2019?
  • This isn't working for me :( I'm using a template, and when it bakes, it gets rid of all the animations. 

I used the trial version. 
  • This isn't working for me :( I'm using a template, and when it bakes, it gets rid of all the animations. 

I used the trial version. 
    Weird! Feel free to open a support ticket and provide the aep and I can take a look. We can't provide any technical support via this comment thread.
  • I'd consider buying but the trial version has a window that opens on AE startup that asks for a license and won't go away no matter what I click on.
  • I'd consider buying but the trial version has a window that opens on AE startup that asks for a license and won't go away no matter what I click on.
    Sounds like an issue! Can't reproduce on my end, but as it says right below this field: If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Hi Zack,

Just hoping you might consider adding a feature to Easy Bake :) It would be REALLY nice if there was an option to bake out any parented transformations – leaving the layer liberated from its parents.

Cheers, Nathan
  • Hi Zack,

Just hoping you might consider adding a feature to Easy Bake :) It would be REALLY nice if there was an option to bake out any parented transformations – leaving the layer liberated from its parents.

Cheers, Nathan
    Hey Nathan!

Neat idea! At the moment, though, you could always figure out the toComp/fromComp expressions to get these values without parenting and bake those, though that's a tall order
  • Hi Zach, sorry for the delay in my reply, I didn't get a notification. Yep your workaround is precisely how I do it currently, but it is tedious. Last time I had to do it I thought "man it would be lovely if Easy Bake could handle this for me". Anyway, thank you for all the time your script has already saved me.
  • Just found this.  Awesome plugin!  Thanks much.  Now I can make Lottie files easy by baking out all of the expressions from the animations other plugins create.  Question, what or how can I bake Wiggle?  Your plugin nor others seem to bake this.  I'm using some other plugins that crated animated shape layers and I use your plugin as I mentioned to make Lottie files.  Wiggle, however, does not bake.  Why is that?  This is kind of a big hurdle and I've Googled but not  found a solution to this.  The BodyMoving plugin does not handle Wiggle either.  What is so difficult about baking out keyframes from this?
  • awesome plugin. It would be nice to have an option to bake into hold keyframes.

• awesome plugin. It would be nice to have an option to bake into hold keyframes.
    Noted, thanks!
  • Wiggle, however, does not bake.

If you're having technical support issues, please open a support ticket instead.

Noted, thanks!
    That would really be awesome, cause sometimes with Duik, you have to convert all manually.
  • When you save your baked data and collect your collect your project files, does it also collect the bake data, or is it stored elsewhere on your hardrive?
  • When you save your baked data and collect your collect your project files, does it also collect the bake data, or is it stored elsewhere on your hardrive?
    Easy Bake converts your expressions into keyframes– it doesn't store anything on your hard drive related to your project like this.
  • Easy bake panel will not close after baking. It gets stuck and wont close until i restart after effects. 
  • Easy bake panel will not close after baking. It gets stuck and wont close until i restart after effects. 

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• Zack, can you tell me if this will bake in CSV data. My comp has a lot of text layers calling up the CSV data and is slowing down my renders a lot. Be great to duplicate my comp and bake in the CSV data.
  • Zack, can you tell me if this will bake in CSV data. My comp has a lot of text layers calling up the CSV data and is slowing down my renders a lot. Be great to duplicate my comp and bake in the CSV data.
    Good question! I'd download the trial & find out. If there are any issues, please open a support ticket instead.
    Good question! I'd download the trial & find out. If there are any issues, please open a support ticket instead.
    Ha Thanks Zack. I never think to run trial versions. But for anyone asking in the future if it works on calling text from a CSV. It does. And My template is 10 layers from the same Precomp using essential properties to call the csv. So I am very impressed. I had a script from someone else called bake expressions and it did not work. So, I am more than happy. Mind you I couldn't test with the "Precomp" option turned off in the trial version I  am happy that it will work and have purchased. Appreciate your help Zack
  • Question Zack. What's the kbar argument to open the panel? Does anyone know a utility to bulk turn off the keyframes for properties or script
  • Question Zack. What's the kbar argument to open the panel?
    There isn't a currently a way, but it's been added in on the next patch! You'll just have to launch the panel normally, for now.
  • Has anyone been able to run this on MacOS 14?
  • i try to bake an expression on a path property and i get this error message or alert:

No relevant layers/properties available.

why is that? thx

this is the expression (path follows nulls)

var nullPointLayerNames = ["PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [3]","PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [2]","PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [1]","PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [0]"];
    var nullTanInLayerNames = ["PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [3] IN","PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [2] IN","PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [1] IN","PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [0] IN"];
    var nullTanOutLayerNames = ["PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [3] OUT","PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [2] OUT","PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [1] OUT","PFN _ ⬜ frame : baked : Path 1 [0] OUT"];
    var origPath = thisProperty;
    var origPoints = origPath.points();
    var origInTang = origPath.inTangents();
    var origOutTang = origPath.outTangents();
    var getNullLayers = [];
    var getNullIns = [];
    var getNullOuts = [];
    for (var i = 0; i < nullPointLayerNames.length; i++){
     try{
     getNullLayers.push(effect(nullPointLayerNames[i])("ADBE Layer Control-0001"));
     getNullIns.push(effect(nullTanInLayerNames[i])("ADBE Layer Control-0001"));
     getNullOuts.push(effect(nullTanOutLayerNames[i])("ADBE Layer Control-0001"));
     } catch(err) {
     getNullLayers.push(null);
     getNullIns.push(null);
     getNullOuts.push(null);
     }}
    for (var i = 0; i < getNullLayers.length; i++){
     if (getNullLayers[i] != null && getNullLayers[i].index != thisLayer.index){
     origPoints[i] = fromCompToSurface(getNullLayers[i].toComp(getNullLayers[i].anchorPoint));
     }
     if (getNullIns[i] != null && getNullIns[i].index != thisLayer.index){
     origInTang[i] = fromCompToSurface(getNullIns[i].toComp(getNullIns[i].anchorPoint)) - origPoints[i];
     }
     if (getNullOuts[i] != null && getNullOuts[i].index != thisLayer.index){
     origOutTang[i] = fromCompToSurface(getNullOuts[i].toComp(getNullOuts[i].anchorPoint)) - origPoints[i];
     }}
    createPath(origPoints,origInTang,origOutTang,origPath.isClosed());

• i try to bake an expression on a path property and i get this error message or alert:

No relevant layers/properties available.

why is that? thx