• Is this plugin ever going to get content update and not just bugfixes and compatibility fixes? As far as I can see it's more than 6 years since there has been any content update.
  • Is this plugin ever going to get content update and not just bugfixes and compatibility fixes? As far as I can see it's more than 6 years since there has been any content update.
    There will be major updates in the future.
  • Can you add Minimum Distance option under Plexus Lines Renderer,so that there won't generate any lines if the points are too close.Line will only be generated beween certain distance.
  • Hey, im trying to figure out if this plugin will serve my needs, is there a way to generate points on lines? I have to lights with beam renderer between them and i want to add points going across the line, is it possible?
    "There will be major updates in the future."

That might be the worst blanket statement a company could make about their own product. Being transparent about your product updates may have been a better answer. I was considering the purchase until I saw this comment/updates. There's zero mention of support for M2 chips.

The last known update was:
    Version: 3.2.6
    Release Date: Jun 08 2022

I would hold off until Rowbyte can be honest about their product updates.

"There will be major updates in the future."

That might be the worst blanket statement a company could make about their own product. Being transparent about your product updates may have been a better answer. I was considering the purchase until I saw this comment/updates. There's zero mention of support for M2 chips.

The last known update was:
    Version: 3.2.6
    Release Date: Jun 08 2022

I would hold off until Rowbyte can be honest about their product updates.

Apple Silicon chips are already supported. MFR is also fully supported. Plug-in continuously received updates to keep up with the major architectural changes of AE over the years. We remain fully committed to the development of our plug-ins going forward. Commercial software vendors just don't publicize future roadmaps.

• That comment sounds comforting but the Plexus version history doesn't show give consumers confidence to shop when the last update was over a year ago.
  • just saw, that it is working on the new apple chips - looking forward to use it on an upcoming project!!!
    i, by accident installed the .2 version as well as the newest one - now I want to delete this and only keep the new version (because of all the error infos I get when starting up AE) but I can not find the file anywhere 
    could you please tell me how to uninstall the v.2 version

best regards
  • just saw, that it is working on the new apple chips - looking forward to use it on an upcoming project!!!
    i, by accident installed the .2 version as well as the newest one - now I want to delete this and only keep the new version (because of all the error infos I get when starting up AE) but I can not find the file anywhere 
    could you please tell me how to uninstall the v.2 version

best regards
    You can remove older versions by following these instructions.
  • Can you use the scale property of nulls when trying to control the scale of the lines or points renderer by selecting "Get Scale from Vertices" in combination with the nulls as the 3d layer object type?
  • Request for minimum distance setting

it's been commented on before by Walter Lee February 2023 - and I am hoping from a investment in code perspective it's not a crazy request.
    Currently for most renderers you have a "Maximum Distance" setting. Can we please also get a minimum Distance setting. It would give a lot of control when needed and leaving at 0 just performs as it is now. I have had a lot of cases so far where I'd like a minimum distance. 

Thanks. Hoping you can invest a little time for something like this.

it's been commented on before by Walter Lee February 2023 - and I am hoping from a investment in code perspective it's not a crazy request.
    Currently for most renderers you have a "Maximum Distance" setting. Can we please also get a minimum Distance setting. It would give a lot of control when needed and leaving at 0 just performs as it is now. I have had a lot of cases so far where I'd like a minimum distance. 

Hi Ben,

We're looking into implementing the Minimum Distance Feature. Currently, you can simulate it by using the Graph Control so that the opacity remains zero till a certain distance. Look at the attached.

Rowbyte Support
    Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 11.05.58 AM.png
    790 x 284 - 33K

Hi Ben,

We're looking into implementing the Minimum Distance Feature. Currently, you can simulate it by using the Graph Control so that the opacity remains zero till a certain distance. Look at the attached.

Rowbyte Support
    Aha yes, thats a good workaround. If only i had a preset for that