• Hi Rowbyte!
    Color Wiggle should make playing with color much easier - cool!
    BUT… unfortunately it only works for me on the whole canvas: Masks on solids are ignored, shapes as well -> it always colorizes the full canvas. Am I doing sth wrong..?   :(   Working on a mac, tried CC 2015 and 2015.3
    If those issues can be fixed some other nice to have options could be:
    - the ability to put an expression on the random seed to e.g. hook it up with the layer index -> nice, when duplicating layers to get some variation
    - applying the effect separately to the fill and the stroke of a shape layer
    - the option to connect the gradient colors via expression to other sources (like Ray Dynamic Color)  ;) 

Thanks, Lars.

• Hi Rowbyte!
    Color Wiggle should make playing with color much easier - cool!
    BUT… unfortunately it only works for me on the whole canvas: Masks on solids are ignored, shapes as well -> it always colorizes the full canvas. Am I doing sth wrong..?   :(   Working on a mac, tried CC 2015 and 2015.3
    If those issues can be fixed some other nice to have options could be:
    - the ability to put an expression on the random seed to e.g. hook it up with the layer index -> nice, when duplicating layers to get some variation
    - applying the effect separately to the fill and the stroke of a shape layer
    - the option to connect the gradient colors via expression to other sources (like Ray Dynamic Color)  ;) 

Thanks, Lars.

The idea is to apply the effect on a separate layer and use the 'Color Out' param and link it to any other color param you want, but we'll add support for 'Opacity' for the layer, so it doesn't make the entire layer opaque.
    Random seed linked to layer index - It is a cool idea, but if you cut/copy and paste the effect from one layer to another you'll get completely different results. Currently, every time you apply a new instance of the effect you'll get a new seed, which is a decent compromise.
    Shape layers aren't exposed to plug-ins so it might not be possible - but it's an interesting idea.
    Gradient Color Points - This will make the effect more complicated and at that point you might as well just wrangle everything using expressions.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Thanks for your reply! Okay I see - it's more like a color control layer to feed other color inputs on solids, shape layers etc. via the "Color Out" parameter. Sorry, I didn't get that in the description, thought it would work on it's own layer like a fill effect respecting masks as well. Now I know - thanks.   ;)