WORKFLOW FOR METTLE SKYBOX COMPOSER (VR STUDIO 2) AND EVIL TWIN
  • Dear Team Evil Twin,

I am just wondering if you can provide some detailed advice on the following workflow (I'm enquiring on the advice of the team over at Mettle)

We are shooting with the GoPro Odyssey stereoscopic VR array (16 cameras).  The stitched footage comes back to us from Google as equirectangular stereoscopic 1:1 (and we can choose any of the following resolutions ... 8K, 4096x4096, or 2880x2880... all come back with depth maps supplied).

We are hoping to use Mettle VR Studio 2 for After Effects for rig removal specifically, as well as any basic compositing.  Can you give me any additional step by step advice on implementing the following workflow with Mettle and Evil Twin?

This is what I assume we should do - but please correct me if I'm wrong on any particular.

- Start with 1:1 stereoscopic equirectangular over/under original footage
    - Convert footage in AE to monoscopic to edit in Skybox Composer (not sure what the best way to convert Stereo to Mono is right now)
    - Make changes to the mono left frame in Skybox composer
    - Replicate those changes to mono right frame using Evil Twin? (again - should this step occur after changes in Skybox Composer, or is Evil Twin involved concurrently?)
    - Finally export both frames from Evil Twin back to 1:1 over/under stereo equirectangular to send back out to Premiere.

Can you suggest if this is a reasonable workflow, and give any advice or point to any tutorials you've produced on how to accomplish this kind of process (simple rig removal, etc) starting with 1:1 stereo equirectangular footage and using Mettle and Evil Twin?

Huge thanks,

-AL
    Creative Director, ModernEpic
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions