• phil less said:
    Hi,

Is there a trial I can access somewhere?

Thanks
    Sorry but I never offer any trial version of my tools, mainly because of piracy problems.
    But if the product doesn't fit your needs, keep in mind that you can ask for a refund at any time :)
  • Hey, looks really cool, but want to make sure it installs and works on after effects cc 2020 on latest mac osx...been reading a lot about problems with effects.xml problems. Anyone know if this works? + does it work with text and shapes? Thanx
  • Hey, looks really cool, but want to make sure it installs and works on after effects cc 2020 on latest mac osx...been reading a lot about problems with effects.xml problems. Anyone know if this works? + does it work with text and shapes? Thanx
    Hello ! The product is fully compatible with CC2020 on Mac OS ; the problems that have been reported are all due to the fact that some users try to run the "PE installer.jsx" that is ONLY for CS6 users (so yes, indeed, since adobe removed the PresetEffects.xml file since 2019, you won't be able to install this file anymore, but you DON'T NEED TO DO THAT since CC versions of AfterEffects so I can ensure you it will all be OK !)
    If for any reason, the product doesn't your needs, you'll' be able to ask for a refund at any moment afterwhile so don't worry and go ahead :)
  • Hello,

Can I use a few deformers for same object. 

Thanks
  • Hello,

Can I use a few deformers for same object. 

Thanks
    Yes you can use several deformers on a same layer.
    But please keep in mind that the more deformers you add, the slower your setup will become because there are a lot of expressions that are pretty RAM consuming (but just applying 2 or 3 deformers should be OK anyway).

• Hi, can we expect an update wich is compatible with CC2021? It stoped working after intalling newest version of After Effects.
  • Hi, can we expect an update wich is compatible with CC2021? It stoped working after intalling newest version of After Effects.
    SpringyFX is actually fully compatible with CC2021 !
    I use it myself on this version (and I've attached a CC2021 project file to prove it)
    so... no need for an update :)
    zip
    zip
    SpringyFX_test2021.zip
  • Messes up the position of objects--- For instance, a ball falling straight down from A to B will suddenly behave as if there is a keyframe moving it on the X axis.
  • Messes up the position of objects--- For instance, a ball falling straight down from A to B will suddenly behave as if there is a keyframe moving it on the X axis.
    Could you please open a support ticket instead ?
    The behavior you are describing isn't normal indeed.
    Could you also send me a video screencapture that shows the error/issue and how you are using the product (in a support ticket) please ?
    Thanks in advance and see you,
    Matthieu
  • is it compatible with AE 2022?
    Merci!
  • your compatibility lists 2022. The AEscripts installer says it's only compatible with 2019 and won't auto install.  
  • is it compatible with AE 2022?
    Merci!
    your compatibility lists 2022. The AEscripts installer says it's only compatible with 2019 and won't auto install.  
    SprinhyFX is fully compatible with CC2022.
    This is just that I forgot to update this criteria in the product's page ^_^
  • Hi Matthieu. Is it possible to add motion blur to the layer that is applied SpringyFX ?
  • Something else. Let's suppose there's a Master and a Slave1 layer. Is it possible to have a Slave2 layer linked to Slave1 ? (not to the Master).
    Thanks! 
  • Hi Matthieu. Is it possible to add motion blur to the layer that is applied SpringyFX ?
    Hey @Church Cenital

If you use the parent PSR Constraint you'll be able to add motion blur as you would do with any layer, but if you use other tools (which are deformers based on the native Warp effect, which is a pixel based deformation, not a transform one), it won't work.
    But you can still add the AE native "Pixel Motion Blur" effect on top of the warp effect applied by SpringyFX (will be pretty slow to compute) or - better - the "Real Smart Motion Blur" plugin which would work perfectly for that (pretty fast bu expensive)
  • Something else. Let's suppose there's a Master and a Slave1 layer. Is it possible to have a Slave2 layer linked to Slave1 ? (not to the Master).
    Thanks! 
    Sure!
    if you wan't to have a springy secondary motion on your Slave2 based on the Slave1 layer (which has already some secondary motion based on the Master layer), just do the same :
    select the Slave2 first, then the Slave1 secondly and hit the PSR Constraint button ; it will follow it with a nice springy delay too.
    Be careful though, because if you have too much SpringyFX rigs in a same composition, it will increase expressions computation a lot and become slower to preview.
  • Hello !
    J'ai un problème de calques qui apparaissent et disparaissent sans raison (calque 2D) quand j'applique le Bend deformer. C'est embêtant je comprends pas d'où ça peut venir... Une idée?  Je n'ai que 2 points clefs sur la position des calques et ce sont des pngs..Merci beaucoup
  • Hello !
    J'ai un problème de calques qui apparaissent et disparaissent sans raison (calque 2D) quand j'applique le Bend deformer. C'est embêtant je comprends pas d'où ça peut venir... Une idée?  Je n'ai que 2 points clefs sur la position des calques et ce sont des pngs..Merci beaucoup
    Bonjour Marine,

Peux-tu ouvrir un Support ticket à la place si tu le veux bien ?
    ça évitera de polluer ce thread où je risque de parler technique
    Merci d'avance :)
  • Will you be updating this for After Effects 2023?
  • Will you be updating this for After Effects 2023?
    I haven't got the time to test all my tools with AE 2023 yet, but I'm 99% sure it will work since they haven't change anything to the javascript engine and they haven't touched the "Warp effect" (from which is derivated a lot of the SpringyFX deformers)
    So, if you have a bot more time, I will double check this next week (i can't do it right now), but again, I'm pretty confident that it will work so you can always purchase it right now and if it doesn't work, we'll of course refund the product
  • because this is expression driven it seems to defeat motion blur. Since with a spring my keyframes happen well before the actual motion, after effect5s seems no to see motion and apply the blur. How would I get a proper motion blur using your product?
  • because this is expression driven it seems to defeat motion blur. Since with a spring my keyframes happen well before the actual motion, after effect5s seems no to see motion and apply the blur. How would I get a proper motion blur using your product?
    If you are using one of the "deformers" (not the "PSR Parent Constraint"), it's normal because the different secondary motion effects are based on a native pixelated effect called "Warp" (so it's not due to expressions).
    Since it's not really based on transformations but actual pixels, you won't be able to apply a realistic motion blur to Springy FX deformers ;
    but you can add one either by using the native "Pixel motion blur" from AfterEffects (really slow to compute) or adding a plugin based motion blur like the one from RE:Vision effect called "Real Smart Motion Blur" (also known as RSMB) ; it's not cheap, but it beats any other solutions for motion blur on the market right now
  • Hi - does this only work with keyframed objects? Or can you use it to add secondary motion to objects that have been animated with expressions?
    PAD DIP said:
    Hi - does this only work with keyframed objects? Or can you use it to add secondary motion to objects that have been animated with expressions?
    It's based on the motion of the layer, whichever technic it used to be animated since it analyzes the positions in time, so Yes, it can also work on layer that are animated with expressions, UNLESS you use the PSR constraint onto a single layer since it apply an expression (so it will replace the one you had).
    But PSR constraint hasn't been designed for being applied to a single layer itself, it aims at creating secondary motion based on ANOTHER layer ; so you can apply an expression (let say Wiggle for example) to drive your master other layer.
  • Hi everbody,

i've got the following error message when i try to start the "springyFX.jsxbin" file:

unable to execute script at line 1230. undefined is not an object

Can someone help? I have the current AE 2023 version.

Thanks.
  • Hi everbody,

i've got the following error message when i try to start the "springyFX.jsxbin" file:

unable to execute script at line 1230. undefined is not an object

Can someone help? I have the current AE 2023 version.

Thanks.
    Hello,

This is probably due to a incorrect installation or because you try to launch it through the File > Scripts > Run script... command.
    Both the "springyFX.jsxbin" and the "SpringyFXassets" folder have to be copied and pasted in the After Effects application folder > Scripts > ScriptUI Panels
    and after having restarted After Effects, you'll have to launch Springy FX through the Window Menu (it should then appear among you already installed scripts, at the bottom of the Window Menu).
    You'll be able to paste your credentials after while (that you'll find, once logged in aescripts website, in "My Downloads and Licenses" section)

Hope that helps
    Matthieu
  • I'm having trouble using this plugin because even using 1 deformer seems to make my composition preview super slow to watch. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? I'm using an iMac Pro.
  • Drew Kirk said:
    I'm having trouble using this plugin because even using 1 deformer seems to make my composition preview super slow to watch. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? I'm using an iMac Pro.
    SpringyFX uses a lot of expressions, this is why AfterEffects can become slow, especially during preview.
    I strongly advise you do not overuyse the product more than 2 or 3 times in a same comp, and to minimize duration of the comp and/or layer on which the effect is applied to its minimum. The longer the comp/layer duration is, the more RAM it will need to analyze the transform data needed for the tool (and the heavier/slower it will become).
    Please also purge your AE memory regularly in order to empty the cache, it will help with AE responsiveness.
    Hope that helps!
  • Seems to not be compatible with the most recent AE. Update coming? 
  • Seems to not be compatible with the most recent AE. Update coming? 
    actually, it IS compatible with latest versions so...
    where did you see this please?
  • Not working in most recent After Effects. Very erratic.
  • Not working in most recent After Effects. Very erratic.
    Have been tested and was working fine in latest versions