Lazy - Layer Easer
  • Yes!!!  I'm very excited for this!
  • This looks really cool and useful! My only issue is you can't seem to decide where to start the easing from. Would be useful to be able to do it from the playhead, but it only seems to do it from the start of the comp. Is this feature going to be added? Because then I'll definitely buy!
  • The idea behind Lazy is great! 

Here are few thoughts after using the demo.
    -Lazy moves all the layers to the beginning of the comp. It should align the layers to the playhead.
    -There should be a way to reset the curve.
    -I had some issues while using Lazy on keyframes. Not sure if it was Lazy or me not figuring it out. Lazy would be more intuitive if it would change only the keyframes that user has highlighted. This way Lazy would be more useful. Users could choose exactly which keyframes they want to re-distribute.
  • This looks really cool and useful! My only issue is you can't seem to decide where to start the easing from. Would be useful to be able to do it from the playhead, but it only seems to do it from the start of the comp. Is this feature going to be added? Because then I'll definitely buy!
    This has been a popular criticism from our users. It will be sure to be in the next update :)
  • The idea behind Lazy is great! 

Here are few thoughts after using the demo.
    -Lazy moves all the layers to the beginning of the comp. It should align the layers to the playhead.
    -There should be a way to reset the curve.
    -I had some issues while using Lazy on keyframes. Not sure if it was Lazy or me not figuring it out. Lazy would be more intuitive if it would change only the keyframes that user has highlighted. This way Lazy would be more useful. Users could choose exactly which keyframes they want to re-distribute.
    Hey Miika,

We will make sure to change where lazy distributes the layers in the next update so that they will be along the playhead. I like the idea of being able to reset the curve as well. 

In regards to the keyframe issue, if you are referring to lazy affecting all the keyframes in a property we are working on this. However, you are able to distribute individual property's keyframes within lazy without distributing every keyframe in the layer. I will attach a screenshot for what I mean. 

Thanks so much for your feedback! It is much appreciated :)
    Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 5.27.35 PM.png
    950 x 542 - 58K
  • First off, Lazy devs: This is a fabulous first release; Lazy is one of those rare tools that hits you right in the face with its utility. I purchased Lazy immediately, both because of how useful it as and because I want to ride the release train with you. 

I have a few feature requests.
    • As others have said, a curve reset button would be very helpful
    • Playhead alignment is a must!
    • A library for saved curves (such as how Flow implemented this)
    • A field for direct entry of bezier curve values

You already rock, and I have little doubt Lazy will continue to improve!
  • Hi! 

I tought this would distribute selected keyframes on multiple layers and not whole keyframesections on one layer. 
    Its OK to do the layer offset thing first, but im abit forked when i want to offset my scale animation again futher down the line.

You working with this? Great idea tho!

Example:
  • I'm fairly certain docking Lazy in the UI is causing my After Effects to crash on open. Once I throw away the workspace it's able to open without any problems. I'm on Windows 10 Pro with the latest AE.
  • Also:

When I copy shapes that previously have been offsetted, they seem to calculate the lazy from the inpoint of the layer so it doesnt work with a shaved layer if that makes sense
  • Adam Meek said:
    First off, Lazy devs: This is a fabulous first release; Lazy is one of those rare tools that hits you right in the face with its utility. I purchased Lazy immediately, both because of how useful it as and because I want to ride the release train with you. 

I have a few feature requests.
    • As others have said, a curve reset button would be very helpful
    • Playhead alignment is a must!
    • A library for saved curves (such as how Flow implemented this)
    • A field for direct entry of bezier curve values

You already rock, and I have little doubt Lazy will continue to improve!
    Hey Adam,

Thanks much for your praises:) It warms our hearts when artists find many uses for our tools. We appreciate your support.

We have definitely been looking at adding most of these features in a near updates! Stay tuned for those!
  • I'm fairly certain docking Lazy in the UI is causing my After Effects to crash on open. Once I throw away the workspace it's able to open without any problems. I'm on Windows 10 Pro with the latest AE.
    Yikes that's an issue. Is it crashing when you open Lazy after already having AE open?
  • Also:

When I copy shapes that previously have been offsetted, they seem to calculate the lazy from the inpoint of the layer so it doesnt work with a shaved layer if that makes sense
    Hey Daniel,

As of right now, Lazy is only able to distribute keyframes in one layer and not across multiple. To achieve that effect we recommend setting up all of your keyframes in those layers first and then distributing them with Lazy. However, we will look for alternatives to this methods in future updates:)

I am having a little hard of a time interpreting what your other issue is. Would you mind taking a screenshot for us? 

Cheers,

Danny
    Yikes that's an issue. Is it crashing when you open Lazy after already having AE open?
    I second this theory. The way David explained it made a light bulb go off. I immediately began experiencing Ae crashes after docking Lazy.
  • Hi Perry! A great script you've built. Just purchased a license after enjoying the trail. But I keep getting the following error each time I click on some option on the Script UI panel: "Unable to execute at line 319. p is undefined"

Any suggestions?
  • Hi Perry! A great script you've built. Just purchased a license after enjoying the trail. But I keep getting the following error each time I click on some option on the Script UI panel: "Unable to execute at line 319. p is undefined"

Any suggestions?
    Hey Adrian!

We are currently under way with releasing a new update that should fix that problem. As of right now I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling again to see if that fixes it. 

Cheers,

Danny
  • Dosen't work whit cc2018 :-(
  • it won't work (cc2018). i couldn't see the graph..=(
  • CC2018 is now supported
  • Hi - will be made compatible with CC2014? 

Thanks.
  • Trying to run the script on a bunch of time remap keyframes and it's giving me the following error. Any way around this?
  • Trying to run the script on a bunch of time remap keyframes and it's giving me the following error. Any way around this?
    Hey Kert,

that is an issue that we haven't come across yet :/

We will add a bug report and hopefully get that tidied up in the next week or 2!

Thanks.
    Hey Darryl,

As of right now we don't have intentions of adding support for CC2014. We will look more into it though if more of the community requests it!

Thanks.
    Hey Darryl,

As of right now we don't have intentions of adding support for CC2014. We will look more into it though if more of the community requests it!
    Thanks Danny - a lot of AE users are still on 2014 as it's the only reliable version for RAM preview. Would be great to get support. Thanks again.
  • How soon will there be an update to this? I would really like to have this, but this is missing key features. For an example Lazy moving the layers to the beginning of the comp is something that is on the level of broken.
  • How soon will there be an update to this?
    It was just released :)
  • Hurrah.. just what I need!

Boo.. not for CC2014.

One more request.
  • Using the latest CC2018 and I can't see the graph.
  • I'm really interested in buying this, but does it already work with CC2019?
  • I'm really interested in buying this, but does it already work with CC2019?
    We are coming out with a v2 soon - I would wait for that ;)
  • Will this be updated to CC19?

I saw that there will be a version 2 - can we update for free to that version, I just bought it today and forget to have a look here first...
    Thanks
  • When it's done for CC2019, I will buy it :)
  • CC 2018 - AEScripts installer says it's installed. But... uh. It's nowhere to be found in AE? How are you to actually launch Lazy? The "tutorial" just starts with it already launched. 
  • Hi, the zxp file of my Lazy plugin is corrupted and I cannot instal it anymore. 

What can I do ?! 
  • CC 2018 - AEScripts installer says it's installed. But... uh. It's nowhere to be found in AE? How are you to actually launch Lazy? The "tutorial" just starts with it already launched. 
    It can be found under - Windows > Extensions
  • Hi, the zxp file of my Lazy plugin is corrupted and I cannot instal it anymore. 

What can I do ?! 
    Hey there! Have you tried re-downloading a new version and installing it via the ZXP installer?
    It can be found under - Windows > Extensions
    Exactly - Thanks for the help!
  • Please update it for cc 2019 !

• It works just fine in CC2019!

When it's done for CC2019, I will buy it :)
    Will this be updated to CC19?
    I'm really interested in buying this, but does it already work with CC2019?

• I tired to install it with ZXP installer but I've got an error :'( and I already downloaded the last version.
  • I tired to install it with ZXP installer but I've got an error :'( and I already downloaded the last version.
    What error are you getting? Can you open a support ticket?
  • I can't install into CC 2019 also. It says "The ZXP file is corrupted".

• I can't install into CC 2019 also. It says "The ZXP file is corrupted".
    This is not related to the version of AE. Please download the ZXP again from the downloads section and try again. You can open a ticket if the problem persists.