• thanks for making this. I have tested it and have a few notes:
    1. the icons should be more realistic. they are not exactly the same as the familiar cursor icons. I see I can manually change them by going to the script roaming folder... I am actually having a struggle right now to find a PNG or any other of realistic icons same as you have on your OS. 
    2. an indication for a cursor change would be better to have on the comp level so you can see the keyframe/marker to adjust timing and such later.
    3. advanced: an option to create a custom icons or several others and add it to the mix would be very nice.

thanks.
  • Hi and thanks for your feedback.

1. I have received the same comment about being able to customize the pngs before from my peers and I am actually editing a short video tut showing how they can be changed.
    I agree that they are not easy to find since the images are create via binary code and placed in a Roaming folder (PC: C:\Users\d064382\AppData\Roaming\aescripts\CursorKit) .
    I could give you a quick hint for now.

- You can double click on the Cursorcomp layer and you will multiple layers each one with the name of the different cursors.
    -Chose the one to change and again go into that pre-comp and drag the image or object you want in that comp  and hide the original. 

In the version 1.0 I want to make the pngs shape layers so at the end there will be no png manipulation (at least for the original cursors I provide.

2. That is such a good point. I will definitely add a marker with the label for the action (click / drag).

3. It will be possible with shape layers in the version 1.0

I want to Thank you for trying it out, as soon as I have the V 1.0 and the "customize cursor video-tut", I will let you know i the upcoming days.
    If you have more issues let me know.

Best
    Sebastian

• HI, first: a great script I was looking for so long… Almost perfect for me, one question:

1. >> Is there a possibility to modify the file so the standard color for the click and drag will always be white NOT pink? I think in 99,9% of all browser-action there is NO pink on this kind of animations.

Otherwise one has to go every klick action and change the color

2. One bug: Always when I define the click / drag-action the viewer window goes to 100% whatever I defined before… Then when transparency grid is on, it shuts off, to the default background – a little bit annoying having a lot of movement in the timeline. ;-)

Of course many modification and customization would be nice, but nevertheless - great work!

Thank you very much.
  • Hi Krystyna,
    Thanks your your comment.

1. Pink is set as default just for accessibility, it started with grey but most of the time comps on AE start on white backgrounds and people didn't see there  this action. You can easily change the color con the click or drag by going into the Cursor comp and change the fill color on the effects control of your Click  layer. 
    What I can do for the next version,  is make the color already available on the effects control of the Cursorcomp Layer (same where you find the opacity and scale properties) so you don't have t go inside the Cursor comp.

2. Noted on the bug, it was a ramPreviewTest that is done when triggering the action click or drag, It will be gone on the next version of CursorKit.

Thank you for your Feedback

HI, first: a great script I was looking for so long… Almost perfect for me, one question:

1. >> Is there a possibility to modify the file so the standard color for the click and drag will always be white NOT pink? I think in 99,9% of all browser-action there is NO pink on this kind of animations.

Otherwise one has to go every klick action and change the color

2. One bug: Always when I define the click / drag-action the viewer window goes to 100% whatever I defined before… Then when transparency grid is on, it shuts off, to the default background – a little bit annoying having a lot of movement in the timeline. ;-)

Of course many modification and customization would be nice, but nevertheless - great work!

Thank you very much.

• It's a great tool, thanks, two (hopefully simple) future enhancements.

- It would be great to have the choice of a white cursor or a black cursor.  I know it's easy to replace any of the cursor png images myself, so I've just inverted the included black cursor, but if you could include this in the tool it would avoid having to edit and replace manually.

- Include support for AE 2020, it work in AE 2020, I just had to manually copy from the 2019 folder (where the aescript manager installed it) to 2020 folder and all seems to be working correctly.

Thanks, Rob
  • Hi Robert, 
    Thanks your your message, I definitely already worked that out in the new version, the cursors would be all shape layers, so fully customizable, no pngs involved, you can actually do any icon you want.

for the 2020 part , like you said, it is matter of copying in the right AE folder version, It is also already working in the new version. I hope to have this release with more new cool features soon.  

Thanks and I will keep you posted
  • Hi Sebastian, is there any way to adjust the default behaviour of the 'click' animation on my end? I'd like another small animation to play when the 'click' is selected (a circle expanding from the cursor to make it more obvious) but at the moment think I would have to manually do this for each click?
  • Needs to get updated to automatically install to AE 2022. Currently still installs to a null AE 2021 folder. You can easily move it over to the correct UI panels folder and it works fine. Just a heads up. 
  • Thanks for the info. It is true, this version is not updated to 2022. Fixing that for now because the Newer V 1.0 .. coming soon, is already working.
  • Max Allen said:
    Hi Sebastian, is there any way to adjust the default behaviour of the 'click' animation on my end? I'd like another small animation to play when the 'click' is selected (a circle expanding from the cursor to make it more obvious) but at the moment think I would have to manually do this for each click?
    Hi Max, In this version unfortunately no. It is really attachad to the circle, BUT in the next version I use a comp that you can add any animation or layers and that is the one that will play when using the click button.
  • this is awesome! would be helpful to have it auto place markers on the CursorComp layer whenever add/change something (eg., cursor change, click, etc).
    or to have a checkbox that enables/disable this 'auto markers' placement.