pt_OpenSesame
  • I haven't seen where this question appears yet, apologies if i've missed it.

I have a current CC AE version... Can this script import very old AE projects?   Or convert the old project the the text version so I have a chance of recovering such old projects... we may have some all the way back to AE 3.1.

The only other option is to download and install multiple versions of AE to step up each project which is ridiculous.

It would be great to be able import the old versions directly as they cannot be OPENED in my version of AE.

Much thanks in advance.

andy

• Hi Andy,

Sadly not. I wish it were possible. OpenSesame requires an export from the original version of After Effects to create the OS text project file, then it can be imported using OpenSesame on a different version. So this is more for making a project suitable for someone that has a different version of AE that couldn't otherwise open it.

For opening old projects you will need earlier versions of AE. If you're going back to AE3.1 you'll need AE 7 to open and save that project so it can be opened in recent versions. I'd have to check but it's possible I might be able to help with that, so feel free to open a support ticket about this.

Regards,
    Paul

• Many thanks!  Will do, I appreciate your response. 

I think Adobe may offer older downloads in support of this situation.

Cheers,
      andy
  • Hello, 
    I have two small questions that I can't find an answer to: 
    - I can't find any documentation to export to h264 via AME. I've seen the helper script (export_AME), but I don't know how to do with it. 
    - Is it possible to batch render the same template with different JSONs or a JSON containing an array of several objects?

Thank you and congratulations for this script that I'll buy soon :)
  • Hi Anthony,
    I think AME just uses whatever the last preset used was. So set up an AME render manually, choose a preset then you should be good to go.
    You can have any number of templates as the correct one is specified in the json file. OpenSesame will open the json, open the required template project, make the changes then do whatever output option you've chosen. A single json can contain multiple render items so you can batch render multiple comps, or just choose between which one to render.

If you're rendering from AE you can also set up multiple output modules for a single render queue item.

Another AME option is setting it up with its own watch folders (you can specify a different output preset for each watch folder) then just get OpenSesame to save the altered project into the relevant one. I believe in that case it will render any comps directly in the root level of the project, and naming will be based on the comp, so there are pros and cons.

• Is it possible for me to separate only the width and height of a project? if so how would it be plssss