• This is a really cool script and so I thank you.  

I am using AE 2015.3 
    v13.8.1.38

I thought I would mention some stumbling blocks I found for others that might also get hung up.

Firsty, if you have a scene you already built with object casting shadows, this script will for some reason tell all those layers to no longer cast shadows.  However, if you create your own light, select it, and then run the script this won't happen.  Your layers shadow options will remain untouched.

Second issue I had is that for some reason I could not see the shadows cast from the barn doors.  What I discovered was that it was important for layer position in the layer stack in the sequence.  I placed the barndoor precomp that this script creates beneath a guide layer and the shadows appeared.  I do not understand the logic of why placing that comp changes if I see the shadows.

Ever more strangely is that I can delete the layer that was once above the precomp and the shadows will remain...even though nothing has really changed.

very strange.

• Austin,

Thank you for the kind words. I will look into the first issue later today. That's a weird thing, for sure. As for the second issue, the layer order is important, and frankly at this point, I don't know enough about it to comment. I wonder if it would be helpful to scan the layers and check for guide layers and whatnot. To be honest, I haven't touched this script in a while, but I will look into that as well and update you when I have updated the script.

Glad you find it useful!

R