Request for character set/keyframe plugin for pose to pose animation in AE
  • Hey guys

I would like to request for someone to make a plugin that allows you to key a set number of values at the same time and be able to shift those keyframes together without having to select all the separate layers. So for example all the control layers of a character would be loaded into a set which you could key all at once and shift all the keys together. Kind of like a pose-to-pose workflow.

This is essentially how Maya works with character sets and it'd be great to have something similar in AE to speed up character animation and make it more manageable.

Alternatively if this already exists please let me know!

Thank you!
  • Thanks Lloyd! Joysticks 'n Sliders looks really cool but I don't think it's exactly what I'm after.

I've attached some screens to help explain. I've got a character with a bunch of controls and I want to be able to key them all at once with one click and then be able to move 'poses' easily, instead of having to drag select all the key frames, which quickly becomes cumbersome.

Perhaps but having a master layer that affects the keyframes in other layers or some UI panel that updates keyframes in the timeline.
    character-01.PNG
    698 x 900 - 51K
    character-02.PNG
    1340 x 691 - 89K
  • That is what Joysticks 'n Sliders allows you to do, please check it out.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions