Character Swing Rigging
  • Great script!! Thank you!. May I suggest to improve it one day if it would be possible to apply it to shapes layers (when I try on shape layers, a pop-up window says "works only on footage layers"). Thank you so much
    Get ready it's in the works!
  • Tofu Sim said:
    version 1.5.7 enable swing general  UI is slider and in tutorial 2018 show in UI is check box button.
    I have TRY but the 'swing general setting is not working.  How does this works? any tutorial guide for slider to be use? in order the swing works.
    Thanks

Hey to get this working it may be because of an expression error - since the latest AE update they released a new expression engine ( loads of jargon for faster expressions ) anyway to change it just switch the expression engine in after effects's settings
  • Please, Bear studios, Is this channel (aescripts) still alive? I looked at your website, where are newer versions for a long time and the script is not updated here on AEscripts.. I Want to buy it, but I do not want to buy a dead horse.. 
    And what about compatibility with new AE (2021)? I remember there were some compatibility issues in the past, so I do not want to buy something I can not use..
    And sorry, the subscription model is not acceptable for me, so, can I buy the latest version somehow?
    Hey~ yeah ofcourse! we are bringing the latest one here this year~ so bare with me while I sort it out my end and will let it go live soon! lots of exciting things coming

also the tool works however! the expression engine inside After Effects needs to be set to "JavaScript"
  • trial dont works on AE 2020 

Hey this expression error is due to After Effects introducing a new expression engine. To make it work just switch the Expression Engine inside After Effects to the latest "JavaScript" version and it'll work fine
  • Well, my bad, i didn read the compability before  i bought all 3 plugins (Swing,Wave,parent) but does this plugin work with versions above 2020?
    (Now 2022). and if so will there be a update soon to fix that problem ?

Cause i cant get i to work, have been folowing all the toturials of the setup, but no swing! ;-(

Hey~ so all our tools do work. However, you will need to set the expression engine in after effects to "JavaScript" you can find the settings in the preference of After Effects
  • I have version 2020 (17.7.0) and it doesn't work. Any advice?
    Hey, so the reason it may not be working is because of the JavaScript Expression engine not being set in After Effects. You can follow this tutorial on how to do it: https://help.pixflow.net/portal/en/kb/articles/after-effect-change-expression-engin
  • Will you be updating this for compatibility with AE CC 2022?
    Hey, so this should be working fine on any of the latest versions of After Effects - I believe there are a few issues surround the After Effects Expression Engine. You can change this following this tutorial: https://help.pixflow.net/portal/en/kb/articles/after-effect-change-expression-engin
  • Trial doesn't work in 2021 or 2022.
    Geez... how is this thing still available for purchase?
    Hey ~ so our tools are working across all versions of After Effects Stated. However, you may need to change the expression engine to "JavaScript" you can do that following this tutorial: https://help.pixflow.net/portal/en/kb/articles/after-effect-change-expression-engin
  • would be great to add a delay option in the swing settings, and/or have the functionality to grab the motion from a parented layer.

• Guys when I install this with AEScripts - it gets installed to 2020 only. Not sure if this is a setting you can change on your end. https://share.cleanshot.com/low7Gu
  • This doesn't seem to be working on my Mac Studio. Any thoughts? 
  • Hiya, I've just installed via the AEscripts manager app to AE 2023 on an M1 Mac and getting this error message when I try to load it: 'Unable to execute script at line 5. null is not an object.' 

Nothing appears when the script panel loads. I've changed my settings to 'allow scripts to write files' in preferences and changed the project expression engine to Legacy Extend Script'. Any ideas? I've just paid for it so would love for it to work! Thanks

• This does not function as advertised even if I change the expression settings to Javascript
  • The one time payment for latest version (which is not presented on AEscripts) is not possible? so will work this legacy V1.5.7 in latest AE?
    As I use this kind of tools sometimes, subscription is not for me.. On your website is still price for one time payment, but I can not see the possibility to make a deal..
  • Sam Catt said:
    Hi, is it possible to reffrence movement in another comp?

That is a new feature coming in V2.0 ( it will be released very very soon )
    So, aescripts is dead platform for your updates now, right?