Transfusion - Style Transfer Suite
  • First of all, thank you for bringing this amazing technology to the masses. This is hands down the most powerful creative tool I have ever used.

However, there is one simple thing that holds me, and so many others, back from using it to its full potential: the render time.

Despite having a powerful workstation, it takes over 20 minutes to render just 24 frames at 4k using one instance of the effect. I am trying to use this on music videos, with a workflow that requires at least 5-10 renders to do tweaks, and using style transfers on multiple layers. This is simply not mathematically feasible to use.

This puts me in a very tricky situation artistically. I want my creations to be as good as possible, but I cannot spare literally 1-4 days just to render a single one minute, 4k section, take 5 minutes to make a minor tweak, wait another day until it's done, and repeat for weeks or months, for every single project.

If I could throw money at it and get a better GPU, I could, but I already have one of the best - an RTX 3070.

Another thing that happens that slows me down, presumably due to a fixable glitch, is AE will notify me that I am using too much GPU memory - and no matter if I switch from GPU to Software rendering, in the plugin OR in Project Settings, no frame will render ANYWHERE, even on layers not using Transfer or Blend, until I restart AE. This also puts a serious dent in my ability to use this plugin in my workflow regularly.

I am seeking other ways of doing style transfer, but to be able to do it in AE would be so much more ideal.

I sincerely hope that you will find the resolve within yourself to bring this plugin up to date, with improved GPU support, newer style transfer algorithms, and whatever other awesome ideas you have.

Thank you again.
    Jonah
  • Hi Jonah! Thanks for your detailed feedback. 

Actually, RTX cards are not supported, so the reason it is slow is probably because the plugin falls back to using your CPU... 

Unfortunately, the version of the framework Transfusion was built on is not supporting those newer cards. We've looked at the option of upgrading it to support new RTX cards, but it would likely mean recoding almost all of it, and sadly that's not feasible.

Gab

First of all, thank you for bringing this amazing technology to the masses. This is hands down the most powerful creative tool I have ever used.

However, there is one simple thing that holds me, and so many others, back from using it to its full potential: the render time.

Despite having a powerful workstation, it takes over 20 minutes to render just 24 frames at 4k using one instance of the effect. I am trying to use this on music videos, with a workflow that requires at least 5-10 renders to do tweaks, and using style transfers on multiple layers. This is simply not mathematically feasible to use.

This puts me in a very tricky situation artistically. I want my creations to be as good as possible, but I cannot spare literally 1-4 days just to render a single one minute, 4k section, take 5 minutes to make a minor tweak, wait another day until it's done, and repeat for weeks or months, for every single project.

If I could throw money at it and get a better GPU, I could, but I already have one of the best - an RTX 3070.

Another thing that happens that slows me down, presumably due to a fixable glitch, is AE will notify me that I am using too much GPU memory - and no matter if I switch from GPU to Software rendering, in the plugin OR in Project Settings, no frame will render ANYWHERE, even on layers not using Transfer or Blend, until I restart AE. This also puts a serious dent in my ability to use this plugin in my workflow regularly.

I am seeking other ways of doing style transfer, but to be able to do it in AE would be so much more ideal.

I sincerely hope that you will find the resolve within yourself to bring this plugin up to date, with improved GPU support, newer style transfer algorithms, and whatever other awesome ideas you have.

Thank you again.
    Jonah

• Compatibility for 2022 AE version?
  • Compatibility for 2022 AE version?
    hi! yes, it is :) I encourage you to download the Trial and test it on your computer before buying
    gab
  • Great looks! Please update the plugin to support Multi Frame Render. At least those of us with RTX cards can then take advantage of multi-frame rendering on CPU. 
  • Rendering with multi-frame render OFF in AE, the plugin causes a memory leak. Using blend, with "metal head" but it seems to happen no matter the style. This happens even faster with multi-frame render turned on since now each thread has a memory leak. On an RTX card, so this is all CPU.

After Effects has unexpectedly run out of memory and cannot complete this export. 
  • Rendering with multi-frame render OFF in AE, the plugin causes a memory leak. Using blend, with "metal head" but it seems to happen no matter the style. This happens even faster with multi-frame render turned on since now each thread has a memory leak. On an RTX card, so this is all CPU.

After Effects has unexpectedly run out of memory and cannot complete this export. 
    Hi Vance ! Thanks for the report :)
    I'll definitely have a look at that, I was not aware of a memory leak. 

We'll also be working on updating it to support MFR as you suggested :)

Can I ask you 1 more minute of your time to open a support ticket ?https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1225 This way I can reply and share details or ask you for details if needed, better than with forum comments.

Gab
  • Is there any newer development on the plugin? Like AE22 compatibility.
    Thanks.
  • Is there any newer development on the plugin? Like AE22 compatibility.
    Thanks.
    Hi ! The plugin is compatible with AE 2022. It's not handling MFR for now, but will in the future :)
  • I will definitely buy it if you add an option to add a map of images so the AI can train itself on that map like deepdream.
    this will enable you to make more complex and better looking styles and more trippy ones..
    like for example add 100 different images of something and the AI will generate a more detailed export (like circles become snail shells or other trippy stuff..)
    this would be something that will bring a lot of other people to it too,
    because this is only possible with a lot of coding experience but if you find a way to connect the code to buttons it should work :)
  • Can i use this plugin on a 2021 imac with chip M1?  With MacOS Big Sur? thanks
  • Pablo Ces said:
    Can i use this plugin on a 2021 imac with chip M1?  With MacOS Big Sur? thanks
    Hi !

It works on Mac but not GPU, only in CPU. You can download the free trial to test if it works as expected before buying :)
  • Pablo Ces said:
    Can i use this plugin on a 2021 imac with chip M1?  With MacOS Big Sur? thanks
    Hi !

It works on Mac but not GPU, only in CPU. You can download the free trial to test if it works as expected before buying :)
    Thanks a lot, i will
  • Hi there!
    I'm super interested in your plug-in, are you planning to make a new version with multi frame rendering and taking others GPUs into account... (Like M1 for example :))
    Cheers!

PS : (Sorry I asked the same question many others did...)

I hope the new version is coming soon!
  • Hi there.

Any plans to update this plugin? It hasn't been updated in 2-3 years.

It's extremely slow, eventhough I have a 24-core threadripper CPU and a RTX 3090 GPU.

It also doesn't support the new MFR feature in AE.
  • Woah this is awesome. It doesn't work super fast with the M1 unfortunately but it is very very cool. Any updates planned to speed up rendering etc? 
  • Also hoping to see more TRX options - the website says that they'll be adding more every month. Last one was added in 2019. I find that the Transfusion Styles plugin works way way faster than Transfusion Blend (regardless of sample resolution). 

This is an amazing plug in and would love to see it continue to develop. 
  • Hi - any plans to update this plugin? Thanks!
  • Hi - any plans to update this plugin? Thanks!

Yeah, especially given the recent apple silicon native build for After Effects.
  • I'd like to try my hand at creating my own styles. 

When I try to unzip the TRX style files,
    it asks for a password. 

Can you please reveal the password to those of us purchasers wanting to experiment with this software?

(I know we can use
    blend. That's not what I want)

it asks for a password. 

Can you please reveal the password to those of us purchasers wanting to experiment with this software?

(I know we can use
    Hi Eric,

You don't need to unzip the TRX. You import them directly in AE. Please watch this quick tuto:

Gab

it asks for a password. 

(I know we can use
    Hi Eric,

You don't need to unzip the TRX. You import them directly in AE. Please watch this quick tuto:

Gab
    Thank you for the response.

What I meant is that I want to EDIT these existing styles. 

To create my own trx file.

I rename the trx file to a zip and I am able to see the levels and such. 
    But I can't extract them to play with the contents.

Can you please tell us the password so we can try our hand at editing and creating our own TRX files?
  • Easily one of the coolest plugins for After Effects, but it really needs to be updated! Doesn't even launch on my computer now and I just bought it a month ago.. Help? 
  • Cam Vokey said:
    Easily one of the coolest plugins for After Effects, but it really needs to be updated! Doesn't even launch on my computer now and I just bought it a month ago.. Help? 
    Hi ! 
    The plugin is supported for the latest AE version on both Windows and Mac. Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1225 and i'll be able to help you out :)

Gab