• Hello! Can I move multiple markers at the same time? I'm trying to figure this out, but the thing doesn't work. Thanks in advance!

Hello Steven, yes you can! You can do it one of two ways: 

1) place your cursor anywhere within the first marker of the sequence you want to move. Then in the panel, where is says “SHIFT NEXT”, switch it from ALL to the number input. Put a number there to indicate how many of the next markers to move. When you click the SHIFT RIGHT or SHIFT LEFT buttons, all the corresponding markers will move. Remember you can also press SHIFT when you SHIFT RIGHT or LEFT to shift in increments of 10 frames. 

Or

2) set the work area to encompass the markers you want to move. Hover over the COPY button to see the options for copying. Copy the markers within the work area. Then DELETE the markers within the work area and paste to a new location on the timeline. I need to implement a proper CUT feature. Will do that on the next release, so it’s an easier CUT and PASTE workflow.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the Reply. I just want to be able to move a whole bunch of markers on multiple layers to the current time indicator quickly. It only works backwards. It only works when I'm in between an In & Out marker set. 

I want to be able to move marker at will and not be in between markers in order to use that function. I figured out the copy and paste method. Thanks
    That might be a good feature. Move markers within work area to current time. Maybe as an ALT to the SHIFT TO CURRENT TIME button. Will implement!
  • Hello! Can I move multiple markers at the same time? I'm trying to figure this out, but the thing doesn't work. Thanks in advance!

Hello Steven, yes you can! You can do it one of two ways: 

1) place your cursor anywhere within the first marker of the sequence you want to move. Then in the panel, where is says “SHIFT NEXT”, switch it from ALL to the number input. Put a number there to indicate how many of the next markers to move. When you click the SHIFT RIGHT or SHIFT LEFT buttons, all the corresponding markers will move. Remember you can also press SHIFT when you SHIFT RIGHT or LEFT to shift in increments of 10 frames. 

Or

2) set the work area to encompass the markers you want to move. Hover over the COPY button to see the options for copying. Copy the markers within the work area. Then DELETE the markers within the work area and paste to a new location on the timeline. I need to implement a proper CUT feature. Will do that on the next release, so it’s an easier CUT and PASTE workflow.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the Reply. I just want to be able to move a whole bunch of markers on multiple layers to the current time indicator quickly. It only works backwards. It only works when I'm in between an In & Out marker set. 

I want to be able to move marker at will and not be in between markers in order to use that function. I figured out the copy and paste method. Thanks
    That might be a good feature. Move markers within work area to current time. Maybe as an ALT to the SHIFT TO CURRENT TIME button. Will implement!
    Thanks so much! This helps especially if you're timing is perfect, but you just want to shift those marker some where else. Love the script by the way!
  • Hello, 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I hover over your plugin the marker names within my layer doesn't show up. For example, just for a test, I label my markers "In 1" & "Out 2", and your script is still trying to extract "in" & "Out" markers from some where else. I think your script is still trying to grab marker names from other layer comp in my after effects file. Is there a limit to the amount of layers that I can use within my comp? I have this script on 13 layers and all of the layer have "In & "Out" Markers within them. I think your script is confused with all of the same layer marker names or something. Every time I try to apply the script to a layer it references the markers of others layers. Am I doing something wrong? Here's a gif of the problem Reference Video

• Hello, 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I hover over your plugin the marker names within my layer doesn't show up. For example, just for a test, I label my markers "In 1" & "Out 2", and your script is still trying to extract "in" & "Out" markers from some where else. I think your script is still trying to grab marker names from other layer comp in my after effects file. Is there a limit to the amount of layers that I can use within my comp? I have this script on 13 layers and all of the layer have "In & "Out" Markers within them. I think your script is confused with all of the same layer marker names or something. Every time I try to apply the script to a layer it references the markers of others layers. Am I doing something wrong? Here's a gif of the problem Reference Video

hello Steven! Thanks for purchasing Marker Remap. The one thing that you have to do is make sure every comp has a unique name. So, likely, in your Project list, two comps have the same name. Marker Remap will scan all the comps in the project and extract markers from the first comp that mathces the name of the selected pre-comp in your timeline. Double-check that and let me know if it's still happening. Thanks!
  • Hello, 

hello Steven! Thanks for purchasing Marker Remap. The one thing that you have to do is make sure every comp has a unique name. So, likely, in your Project list, two comps have the same name. Marker Remap will scan all the comps in the project and extract markers from the first comp that mathces the name of the selected pre-comp in your timeline. Double-check that and let me know if it's still happening. Thanks!
    I love Marker Remap, but I thought I broke it. I will try that Now!
  • Hello, 

Hello Reuben,

I tried what you suggested and it still doesn't work. I have to take the layer into a brand new after effects file and apply the script to it in order for it to work. None of my layers are named the same. The script just doesn't work if there are too many layers it has to reference in the comp. Am I doing something wrong? I really need it to work. Thank you!
  • Hello, 

Hello Reuben,

I tried what you suggested and it still doesn't work. I have to take the layer into a brand new after effects file and apply the script to it in order for it to work. None of my layers are named the same. The script just doesn't work if there are too many layers it has to reference in the comp. Am I doing something wrong? I really need it to work. Thank you!
    Hmmm...I’ve used it on projects with tons of comps and layers on my end. I imagine it’s difficult to send me a sample of your project. But if you like I’d be happy to screenshare with you so I can see your project setup. Email me at [email protected] and I’ll send you a zoom link.
  • Hello, 

Hello Reuben,

Hmmm...I’ve used it on projects with tons of comps and layers on my end. I imagine it’s difficult to send me a sample of your project. But if you like I’d be happy to screenshare with you so I can see your project setup. Email me at [email protected] and I’ll send you a zoom link.
    Thank you Reuben. I'll email you now. 
  • I'm sure it's been addressed before but I can't seem to find the thread. Every now and then I get an error where it says "there are no timeline markers to extract in this comp", when in fact there care. Can't seem to find a good workaround/fix.

Absolutely LOVE this plugin, thanks for the help!
  • I'm sure it's been addressed before but I can't seem to find the thread. Every now and then I get an error where it says "there are no timeline markers to extract in this comp", when in fact there care. Can't seem to find a good workaround/fix.

Absolutely LOVE this plugin, thanks for the help!
    Hello Jeffrey. Thanks for purchasing Marker Remap, and I'm so glad it's been helpful to you! The one thing that you have to do is make sure every comp has a unique name. So, likely, in your Project list, two comps have the same name. Marker Remap will scan all the comps in the project and extract markers from the first comp that matches the name of the selected pre-comp in your timeline. Double-check that and let me know if it's still happening. If so, maybe you can send me a link or a screen recording of the project in question? Thanks!
  • Hi there! I've had an issue lately that sometimes the script doesn't work. It says "Unable to Execute Script at line: 3527 undefined is not an object".
    Sometimes it says that when I open the script and other times when I press any button but they don't work.
    Aside from that, I really love the script it is so helpful!
    Thanks!
  • Is there a way to refresh or re-connect markers on an imported comp so they show in the Marker Remap menu?

I have a template comp I use that has some Marker Remap markers on it, it is a single comp on it's own, not placed within any comp. When I import this comp, the markers show on the comp, but they do not appear in the Marker Remap menu, so I cannot easily add them when I nest the comp further. (Hope that makes sense.)

Curious if there is a way to sort of refresh a main comp so the existing markers are added into Marker Remaps menu etc?
  • Is there a way to refresh or re-connect markers on an imported comp so they show in the Marker Remap menu?

I have a template comp I use that has some Marker Remap markers on it, it is a single comp on it's own, not placed within any comp. When I import this comp, the markers show on the comp, but they do not appear in the Marker Remap menu, so I cannot easily add them when I nest the comp further. (Hope that makes sense.)

Curious if there is a way to sort of refresh a main comp so the existing markers are added into Marker Remaps menu etc?
    Hey Ryan, the panel should always find the pre-comp's internal markers weather or not the MR expression has been applied to the time remapping field or not. Make sure you don't have two comps in your project with the same name at the Project panel level. Barring that, maybe send me a screen recording of what's happening on your end? You can post a link here or send to [email protected]. Thanks!

Hey Ryan, the panel should always find the pre-comp's internal markers weather or not the MR expression has been applied to the time remapping field or not. Make sure you don't have two comps in your project with the same name at the Project panel level. Barring that, maybe send me a screen recording of what's happening on your end? You can post a link here or send to [email protected]. Thanks!
    Argh, was the comp name issue. Pretty sure I've done that to myself before, should have caught it. haha. Thanks for the quick support/fix. This is probably my most used AE plug-in/tool, I tell everyone to get it! Thank you!

Argh, was the comp name issue. Pretty sure I've done that to myself before, should have caught it. haha. Thanks for the quick support/fix. This is probably my most used AE plug-in/tool, I tell everyone to get it! Thank you!
    haha great. And thanks so much for spreading the word! Sometime I feel like it doesn't get much attention because it's not one of the flashy products, so I appreciate the recommendations! Best wishes on your project.
  • Only had to play with the trial a few minutes to feel the value and grab it. Great tool! :)