Realbook 3 for Cinema 4D
  • Hi Gianni, and thanks for this excellent preset! 

I just wanted to point out to Octane users that the Octane guide by Maarten Vissen that you linked below is really helpful (thanks Maarten!), however, one detail was missing that got me stuck for a while!!

You have to change the C4D project settings to Linear color input for the Shader effector to work properly and get the correct pages appear over the full spread.

Hope this helps!

Harry
  • Hi Gianni, and thanks for this excellent preset! 

I just wanted to point out to Octane users that the Octane guide by Maarten Vissen that you linked below is really helpful (thanks Maarten!), however, one detail was missing that got me stuck for a while!!

You have to change the C4D project settings to Linear color input for the Shader effector to work properly and get the correct pages appear over the full spread.

Hope this helps!

Harry
    Hi Harry!
    Thanks to you for the tip and your kindly words.
    What you write is true, since C4D 2023 you have to:

- In the Attributes Manager select Mode -> Project

- Under the Color Management select Basic and choose a Linear Input Color Profile.

• Hi Gianni, I am attempting to make a 60 page book using this plugin and I am having some problems with the pages not ordering properly. They seem to jump around a bit - sometimes it will display a spread properly but the next spread looks like a jumble, but the next spread after that will look OK. Do you have any hints or tips on how to successfully generate a larger 60 page book? 

I am using C4D 2023.1.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
  • Hi Gianni, I am attempting to make a 60 page book using this plugin and I am having some problems with the pages not ordering properly. They seem to jump around a bit - sometimes it will display a spread properly but the next spread looks like a jumble, but the next spread after that will look OK. Do you have any hints or tips on how to successfully generate a larger 60 page book? 

I am using C4D 2023.1.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
    Hi Adam,
    are you using the multishader texturing?
    If yes, then remember that you need 120 textures (60 + 60) which should be in precise order in the shader.
    Also, what render engine are you using?
  • Hello Gianni,

Small question here, is it possible to clamp the pages rotation animation, to create a custom partial opened book?
    Thank you very much

Cheers,

Jeremy
  • Hello Gianni,

Small question here, is it possible to clamp the pages rotation animation, to create a custom partial opened book?
    Thank you very much

Cheers,

Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy,
    thanks for your interest, first of all.
    If you intend to open the pages less than 180 degrees, no, that's impossible for now.
  • Hi Gianni,

I was wondering if it's possible to create uv or custom materials for the cover/spine/back of the book. And the same for adding materials to the pages. Is this possible? Thank you!

• Hi Gianni,

I was wondering if it's possible to create uv or custom materials for the cover/spine/back of the book. And the same for adding materials to the pages. Is this possible? Thank you!
    Hi Justin,
    yes, it is possible. There are standard materials in the project but you could create your own that take advantage of the multishader or create different materials for each page to stick on them directly. The same goes for the hardcover. Consider that you could also add your own model under each cover section to replace the one already present.

Best
  • Hi,
    I added a video texture to a page, to be able to animate the content of the book, and since then the rendering no longer works?
    I tried several versions of C4D, standard rendering.
  • Hi,
    I added a video texture to a page, to be able to animate the content of the book, and since then the rendering no longer works?
    I tried several versions of C4D, standard rendering.
    Hi Quentin,
    I know other users have inserted video textures without problems.
    If you are sure you have done everything correctly, to get assistance, please open a support ticket and include as much information as possible: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1318&direct=1
  • please save me immediately.
    I created a scene with realbook in cinema 4d redshift. made animation of flipping sheets and camera movement. saved it all and sent it to another computer. And REALBOOK stopped working, what's the problem?
  • Hi Jack,
    if you open a ticket you could send me the file project so I could understand what is going wrong.
    Can you open the saved project?
    If yes, probably there is something wrong with the other computer. Wich version of Cinema do you have on your and wich one on the other pc?
  • Hi Jack,
    if you open a ticket you could send me the file project so I could understand what is going wrong.
    Can you open the saved project?
    If yes, probably there is something wrong with the other computer. Wich version of Cinema do you have on your and wich one on the other pc?
    Both computers have the latest versions of MAXONE installed but I have a macbook and am sending a file to a computer with window
  • I'm gonna get killed by my client
    Go here:
    Contact Us - aescripts.com

Open a ticket and we'll get in touch afterwards, even via email.
    Go here:

I bought realbook through another account that I don't have access to.
  • maybe you can tell me how to bake a realbook animation while preserving the material?
    Go here:

I bought realbook through another account that I don't have access to.
    It does not matter which account you purchased it from. To get assistance, please open a support ticket and include as much information as possible: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1318&direct=1
  • maybe you can tell me how to bake a realbook animation while preserving the material?
    I have to try, but in the past it was difficult or impossible.
    Quoting the words of an old message:
    "I have made some test using C4D R21 and I found that the file exported in fbx is correct but without animation.

Another issue is with the material: the pages that use the multishader loose the material, so you need to apply the materials to every page manually before the export.

On the other hand the animation seems to be well reproduced by exporting the file in alembic, if it could be useful to know."