TextExploder V2
  • Hi Abdelrahman,

support for multiple text styles is coming soon. We could not support it in the past, since the scripting engine didn't give scripts access to styles of individual characters. Most likely, this will change with the next update of After Effects. I am working already on a new version based on these coming features, which deals with texts whose size/color/font/... changes from letter to letter.

For the keyframing: The issue is that as soon as you have rotation or scale involved, you would need to move the anchor points of all layers to the anchor of the original text, and I am not sure how useful the result would then be.

Hi Mathias,

The script has one major flaw and it's making things way harder for me. I hope you can fix it.

When I explode a text that has different formats/font sizes in the same layer, the script automatically convert all the results to the first format of the text. Meaning that if the first line was Bold with 60pt and the second line was thin with 40 pt, I get two layers that are bold with 60pt.

This makes the script useless cuz I have to re set everything back manually to the original way they were and set the positions correctly and the font proprieties.

Also I have a suggestion that I would to propose:
    For now, the script does not copy key frames of the original layer to the resulted layers and it just parents them to preserve the animation. If you can support the transfer of the basic transforms then that would be great! Position, scale, rotation, opacity and anchor point. It would make things such a breeze!

Thanks for your great work on this and looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi Mathias, Thanks for getting back to me swiftly! I appreciate you working on theses features cuz it will save lot's of time and I can't wait for it. Regarding the key framing, I will explain it further as I may have confused you. If we have two key frames on the original layer on the position let's say [500,0] to [0,200] and then we exploded the layer and we now have 4 layers. Now instead of parenting the new layers to the original one. We can have key frame animation on each layer with the correct new anchor point of the new location. Now we can just offset the layers or do anything we want cuz each one has its own key frames in the correct position.
    mamoworld Möhl said: Hi Abdelrahman,
    support for multiple text styles is coming soon. We could not support it in the past, since the scripting engine didn't give scripts access to styles of individual characters. Most likely, this will change with the next update of After Effects. I am working already on a new version based on these coming features, which deals with texts whose size/color/font/... changes from letter to letter.
    For the keyframing: The issue is that as soon as you have rotation or scale involved, you would need to move the anchor points of all layers to the anchor of the original text, and I am not sure how useful the result would then be.