Mask Transformer
  • Three things:
    1. Wish this baked the MINIMUM number of keyframes needed to replicate animations instead of baking every single frame.
    2. Wish the helper layer was added directly above the mask layer and the helper layer was selected so I can start modifying it immediately.
    3. Wish the icons were white or greyscale instead of coloured.

• Hi Wade Ha. Thank you for the suggestions. Just now I'm working on an exciting new tool, Motioneer, but, after that I'll update MT for sure :)
    1. doesn't work if mask vertices number change over time, and, in addition, 'every frame bake' is true to reality. I get your point, but I started building the script keeping in mind it was a 2 steps workflow, sorry.
    2. good point. ok
    3. I can do it, of course, but may I ask you why?
  • I was literally just coming here to request Point 2 of Wade Ha's below. On big comp's its a nightmare with it generating this as layer 1 to be able to move it down to see what you need to animate. If you Cut and Past the Transformer down to the position with out dragging the links are broken. 

Not too concerned with Point 1 - If it gets the most accurate result - You can always just edit this simply or run easy Bake to tidy up the keyframes but it doesn't really have a negative impact i've seen by having each keyframe baked.. 

Colour is fine, The buttons space/padding around the icons a little smaller would be nice as i have a busy UI :)
  • Wade Ha Chris Marriott Mask Transformer 1.0.4 is out! Check download page :)

- Parent error fixed.
    - Original masks keys times applied correctly.
    - Helpers move above the original layers.
    - Smaller icons.

• The Icons don't appear to be any smaller? They seem to be about 38 x 38px minimum size. Maybe removing the space around the symbols would save 10px on each button. Hope this helps.

Helper is working above original layer perfectly. 

• Correction. The max height is currently like 38px but the Width is responsive and working perfectly. Could the height be responsive to?

Thanks

• Any thoughts on the below?
  • Correction. The max height is currently like 38px but the Width is responsive and working perfectly. Could the height be responsive to?

Thanks

Hi Chris,
    Done! Donwload v1.0.5
  • I can only install v1.0. I download the latest, install it, and it still says v1.0
  • I can only install v1.0. I download the latest, install it, and it still says v1.0
    Hi Marc,
    it is updated, but i forgot to update the version number in the license, sorry. Please download v 1.0.7, The version number is now correct.
  • Hi, thanks for the script. If possible, I would like the masks on the created control layer to be in Add mode, and not turned off. This prevents you from placing anchor point when there are several masks. It is located in the middle of the layer and becomes inconvenient to control.
  • Hi, thanks for the script. If possible, I would like the masks on the created control layer to be in Add mode, and not turned off. This prevents you from placing anchor point when there are several masks. It is located in the middle of the layer and becomes inconvenient to control.
    Hi Solomon,
    sorry for the delay. The control layer is now set in ADD mode, I also fixed a bug. V 1.0.9 is online.
  • He, I have found Mask transformer very useful but lately in has been crashing Ae when I try to apply the transformation.
    Any idea?
  • He, I have found Mask transformer very useful but lately in has been crashing Ae when I try to apply the transformation.
    Any idea?
    Hi Federico,
    Thanks! About the issue please open a support ticket. I need more info
  • Hello, 
    I'm about to buy this script: is it compatible with Ae 2022? (it is not listed in the Compatility tab, it stops at Ae 2021). 
    Do you plan to keep it compatibile with future Ae versions? 
    Cheers
    Olivié
  • Hello, 
    I'm about to buy this script: is it compatible with Ae 2022? (it is not listed in the Compatility tab, it stops at Ae 2021). 
    Do you plan to keep it compatibile with future Ae versions? 
    Cheers
    Olivié
    Hello Olivié,

yes, MT is AE 2022 compatible. I just updated the compatibility tab. No issues have been reported since the release of AE 2022.

Cheers
    Marco
  • Hi, just checking to see if this will work with v2023 yet...
  • Hi, just checking to see if this will work with v2023 yet...
    Hello Cindy,
    yes, It is 2023 compatible. I just updated license framework to V4.
  • Hi
    How does it work with adjustment layers?
  • Hi
    How does it work with adjustment layers?
    Hi Iban,
    the scripts works with normal mask, so it isolate and transfer adjustment layer effects on the layers below.
  • Good afternoon everyone. I want to buy this script, but I can not understand how it works. I watched the tutorial video, but I still don't understand.
    Help me please :)