ExpressionUniversalizer 3
  • is this good for cc 2019? 
  • Is an After Effects 2020 version of this in the works?

Austin Faure
  • It does not work for me. My expression is a "Slider", which in German is "Schieberegler". Yet when running the universalizer, it stays "Slider", the script won't change to "Schieberegler", nor will the "Schieberegler" Effect become "Slider". Thats the biggest and usually only issue I have with english/german versions, and it won't be solved :/ Is there a hotfix you could create? I guess if not, I must ask for a refund.

• Hey there, does it suppose to fix such complex expressions, or not?

xPos = thisComp.width / 2 + thisComp.layer('control').effect('box-xPos')('Slider');
    yPos = thisComp.layer('control').effect('box-yPadding')('Slider')/4 + thisComp.layer('x').effect('box-yPos')('Slider');
    [xPos, yPos]

Basically, I acquired this script to help me optimise these kind of issues for multilingual use cases, but since it just stuck on first found instance.. It makes me puzzled. Could you please let me know whether its a simple fix, or not possible to use in such scenarios at all?

It is not able to detect 'Slider', nor in project, nor comp/layer cases. Once found on a property, execution just hangs on 'processing' status.

Thanks.