• imageAura

A procedural plug-in for After Effects that creates elegant geometric shapes in 3D space. It's akin to a particle system but instead of rendering small particles all over the place, it generates vector like shapes (waves) that change over time much like the classic Radiowaves plug-in. It renders hundreds of thousands of high-frequency waves without sweat and creates mesmerizing animations.

https://aescripts.com/aura/

• Great tool and super easy to use. Purchased and used it on a project same day with great results. 

As a suggestion for future updates, if possible it'd be great to see a seamless loop function in the Noise settings. 

Thanks!
  • Great tool and super easy to use. Purchased and used it on a project same day with great results. 

As a suggestion for future updates, if possible it'd be great to see a seamless loop function in the Noise settings. 

Thanks!
    Hi Jason, 

Thanks for the feedback. Will add seamless noise looping to the feature requests. Thanks!

--
    Rowbyte Support

• Amazing plug-in. Very intuitive and lightweight. My only issue, and it's probably me, is the outermost line or the line nearest the camera/frame disappears abruptly. It does this to me no matter what mode (point, 3d, mask) I'm in. Is there a setting I'm missing or is this an after efects thing?

Thank you!
  • Amazing plug-in. Very intuitive and lightweight. My only issue, and it's probably me, is the outermost line or the line nearest the camera/frame disappears abruptly. It does this to me no matter what mode (point, 3d, mask) I'm in. Is there a setting I'm missing or is this an after efects thing?

Thank you!
    Did you try setting the Fade Out parameter? Also, Aura doesn't yet have Camera Near Fade settings, so will add it to the feature requests. 
    If you're willing you can send us a project file with the issue and we'd be happy to look into it.

--
    Rowbyte Support
  • Is there any additive/screen blending where colors/elements overlap?  Have not found anything yet.

thanks
    Phil
  • Fun plugin. Feature request: Would be good to default to using "Mask 1" when the Mask popup is selected rather than Mask "None".  Would also be nice if the Mask settings would twirl open too. 
  • Lifespan behaves quite differently from Radio Waves plugin (which is a simple "how many seconds does a wave last"). Aura makes the lines more frequent as well as last longer. So with Lifespan at 10, you get 10 waves for 10 seconds. At value of 20, I seem to get 20 waves for 20 seconds, etc.. Please allow the option for Lifespan to only affect # of seconds a wave is alive, and not add more lines. I can use Frequency for more lines. Thanks!
  • Is there any additive/screen blending where colors/elements overlap?  Have not found anything yet.

thanks
    Phil
    Blending modes are currently not supported. Will add it to the feature requests.
  • Fun plugin. Feature request: Would be good to default to using "Mask 1" when the Mask popup is selected rather than Mask "None".  Would also be nice if the Mask settings would twirl open too. 
    Thanks for your suggestion. Will look into implementing said behavior.
  • Lifespan behaves quite differently from Radio Waves plugin (which is a simple "how many seconds does a wave last"). Aura makes the lines more frequent as well as last longer. So with Lifespan at 10, you get 10 waves for 10 seconds. At value of 20, I seem to get 20 waves for 20 seconds, etc.. Please allow the option for Lifespan to only affect # of seconds a wave is alive, and not add more lines. I can use Frequency for more lines. Thanks!
    Not sure if that is the how the plug-in behaves, unless I'm misunderstanding you. Lifespan should only control the duration of the wave. If Frequency is set to '1.0' that means a new wave is generated every second, so if each wave has a lifespan of 20 seconds, then at the end of 20sec, there will be 20 waves generated. If you only want 10 waves, you should lower the frequency to 0.5. so that a wave is generated every alternative second. Hope that makes sense.
  • 1.) what are your thoughts on a bit of randomness to certain parameters,  you did not include them, and you probably have your reasons, just wonder?

2.)  would it possible in the future to use the center of the layer as cog for the "mask" shape rather the cog of the "mask" shape.  That way it would at a big of "wonkiness" to the spin.

thanks for answering my other post:)
  • 1.) what are your thoughts on a bit of randomness to certain parameters,  you did not include them, and you probably have your reasons, just wonder?

2.)  would it possible in the future to use the center of the layer as cog for the "mask" shape rather the cog of the "mask" shape.  That way it would at a big of "wonkiness" to the spin.

thanks for answering my other post:)
    Hi Phillip,

1. Adding randomness to some params is indeed a nice idea. Will consider it for future versions. 
    2. Center of the layer as anchor point - This is good too, but having a general offset (relative to the wave center) for the mask shape would be more intuitive. Will add it to the feature requests.

Thanks for your suggestions, keep 'em coming!

• Any chance you would support CS6 in the near future, assuming it's possible?
  • Tim K K said:
    Any chance you would support CS6 in the near future, assuming it's possible?
    Some features like Motion Paths require new APIs which are not available in CS6. But we got multiple requests for CS6 support so we might consider supporting it sans those features.

--
    Rowbyte Support
  • Cool plugin. Great work as always. 

One of the things I love about Plexus is the ability to export out a vector to Ai. Is it possible to include something like that here? 

One of the things I love about Plexus is the ability to export out a vector to Ai. Is it possible to include something like that here? 
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will add it to the feature requests. 
    --
    Rowbyte Support
  • I see someone asked about exporting out as a AI vector. Is it possible to export these patterns to photoshop with transparency? Thank you for this lovely plugin btw <3
  • I see someone asked about exporting out as a AI vector. Is it possible to export these patterns to photoshop with transparency? Thank you for this lovely plugin btw <3
    You can render out a PSD sequence or if you just want a still, you can use CompScreenshot.
  • Hello, Love the plugin and have already made some lovely shapes in Turbulent Noise. Is there any tutorial available for custom shapes using masks?
    I have a short piece of text I want to test out and can't work out what to do next or where the built in feature is. I can easily see the 'Radiowave type > Polygon then the drop down which says > mask. Then my test hexagon shape disappears when I click that - can you point me in the right direction please? Thanks, Rob
  • Hello, Love the plugin and have already made some lovely shapes in Turbulent Noise. Is there any tutorial available for custom shapes using masks?
    I have a short piece of text I want to test out and can't work out what to do next or where the built in feature is. I can easily see the 'Radiowave type > Polygon then the drop down which says > mask. Then my test hexagon shape disappears when I click that - can you point me in the right direction please? Thanks, Rob
    Hi Rob,

You need to select the Mask from the pop-up menu to use it as a custom shape. Please refer to this tutorial for more info.

--
    Rowbyte Support
  • Update - I've worked out the simple After Effects hexagon mask but if I break up a three letter word as a test into vector shapes. How does the mask work then? Would be helpful to have a tutorial here as well :)
  • Update - I've worked out the simple After Effects hexagon mask but if I break up a three letter word as a test into vector shapes. How does the mask work then? Would be helpful to have a tutorial here as well :)
    Make sure to select the checkbox "All Paths" when you select the Mask mode.

--
    Rowbyte Support
  • Thanks Rowbyte, 

I managed to do the rectangle one easily last night but it's creating a mask based on type like the attachment. I've created a word mask but it sits above the solid layer and not on it so the aura appears within it which is not the effect I'm after. I'd like aura to follow the shapes of each letter but feel I am missing something here. 

Test AE file here for reference. 
    aex.jpg
    898 x 668 - 124K
  • Thanks Rowbyte, 

I managed to do the rectangle one easily last night but it's creating a mask based on type like the attachment. I've created a word mask but it sits above the solid layer and not on it so the aura appears within it which is not the effect I'm after. I'd like aura to follow the shapes of each letter but feel I am missing something here. 

Test AE file here for reference. 
    If you want the waves to follow a path, then you should look into Motion Paths. You can convert any mask into a Motion Path in Ae and use that Motion Path in Aura to make waves go along that path. Watch this tutorial 
  • Thanks, yes I saw this tutorial already and it is very useful. But is that how you created for example the letter 'a' or letter 'x' in the jpeg example I attached above? The aura repeat line pattern is within the shape of those letters rather than following a motion path. This is the effect I am trying to test out.
  • Thanks, yes I saw this tutorial already and it is very useful. But is that how you created for example the letter 'a' or letter 'x' in the jpeg example I attached above? The aura repeat line pattern is within the shape of those letters rather than following a motion path. This is the effect I am trying to test out.
    You need to convert text layer to masks and the copy the masks to the 'Aura' layer. Then select 'All Paths' checkbox option in Aura.

Rowbyte Support
  • That worked! Thank you for bearing with me :)

--
    Rowbyte Support
    Thanks for adding the SVG export!!! Much appreciated!

--
    Rowbyte Support
    Thanks for adding the SVG export!!! Much appreciated!
    You're welcome!

Rowbyte Support

• thanks for this great plug in,
    however, I have a problem when I decrease the frequency
    it behaves in a strange way, it does not have a soft decrease
    but it drops off suddenly and then starts again. even when
    I move the point location even if I use a 3d layer as an emitter
    it moves before when the keyframes are positioned
    How can I solve it?
     thanks
  • How would you make the aura behave in reverse?
    i.e. The radio waves by default pulse outward, but how could you then animate it to animate back in ward?

• How would you make the aura behave in reverse?
    i.e. The radio waves by default pulse outward, but how could you then animate it to animate back in ward?

You can increase the "Start Size" and set the "End Size" to zero. Then, set the "Velocity" to a negative value. Negative values make the waves move in the opposite direction. For reference,

• Hi
    looks like a great plugin. I have an issue, when using a 3d layer emitter that's parented to another null (ie no motion path on the actual emitter), I get inconsistent sizes of waves emitted. even though the start and end size is the same.  Is that a known issue? Thanks

• Hi
    looks like a great plugin. I have an issue, when using a 3d layer emitter that's parented to another null (ie no motion path on the actual emitter), I get inconsistent sizes of waves emitted. even though the start and end size is the same.  Is that a known issue? Thanks

Does the scale of the layer change? Make sure the scale is consistent for the emitter. If you're still having issues, please send us a project file using our contact page below.

• Hi!

Definitely wanna try this plugin and it looks amazing, but the installer doesn't allow changes in File Location and keeps stating my After Effects file doesn't exist!

• Hi!

Definitely wanna try this plugin and it looks amazing, but the installer doesn't allow changes in File Location and keeps stating my After Effects file doesn't exist!

Please contact us using the link below and we can send you the plug-in binaries directly to perform a manual installation.

• Have you guys considered enabling a freeze to emissions? To essentially make it in a frozen shape that would be able to be deformed/moved around on?

Thanks
  • Hello, when i try to download the trial, I get the 1.2.4 not the current 1.2.5? I wanna test it on my apple silicon macbook pro.
  • Hello, when i try to download the trial, I get the 1.2.4 not the current 1.2.5? I wanna test it on my apple silicon macbook pro.
    You can download from here instead
  • Hi! when I try to animate the orientation it freezes. Without keyframes the orientation can be modify, but with the first keyframe ir freezes... is there a fix for this? 
  • Hi! when I try to animate the orientation it freezes. Without keyframes the orientation can be modify, but with the first keyframe ir freezes... is there a fix for this? 
    That is expected behavior. The wave parameters are set at birth, so when you keyframe orientation, only the waves generated at that time have that orientation, the next frame will have different orientation. Without keyframes all waves will have the same orientation set when they're generated.

• Hi, when is Aura going to be ported to After Effects 23.2.1? 
    Or is Aura being discontinued? 
  • Hi, when is Aura going to be ported to After Effects 23.2.1? 
    Or is Aura being discontinued? 
    Hi,

Aura works with AE 23. If you're having issues, let us know.

• Hi, when animating  line shapes using triangle the corners as they grow bigger appear to have round caps. Is there a way to change the line cap from round to butt cup? Many thanks!
  • Is it expected behavior for animations to not work? Every parameter I've tried to keyframe doesn't smoothly interpolate between keyframes for each subsequent new wave -- there is an abrupt cutover to the new value once the keyframe is hit. 
  • Is it expected behavior for animations to not work? Every parameter I've tried to keyframe doesn't smoothly interpolate between keyframes for each subsequent new wave -- there is an abrupt cutover to the new value once the keyframe is hit. 
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
    What parameter are you trying to animate? Some parameters cannot be interpolated (like say Num of Poly Sides). Also this is a temporal plug-in so the values take a while to propagate among the waves. If you need more help either open a support ticket or use the contact form below and send the project file.

Thanks.

• Hey, I am working on AE 24.2.1 and it seems that the plug in is not working any more. 
    Any updates for this? 
  • Hey, I am working on AE 24.2.1 and it seems that the plug in is not working any more. 
    Any updates for this? 
    Aura works in AE 24. If you're having issues contact us with a screenshot or any project files using the link below.