Connect Layers PRO
  • The manager needs to refresh his database, as we marked ConnectLayersPRO compatible with AE 2024 a week ago :)
    When will this be compatible with AE 2024? Right now I need to open the old version of AE to use this thing.

• The manager needs to refresh his database, as we marked ConnectLayersPRO compatible with AE 2024 a week ago :)

Maybe the old version needs to be uninstalled first. That was the case for me.
  • Hi, Installed a trial version and testing it with a few shape layers. How to get shapes moving like in tutorial just by starting preview. Nothing moves.
  • Did you animate the objects that controls your connection? :)
    Hi, Installed a trial version and testing it with a few shape layers. How to get shapes moving like in tutorial just by starting preview. Nothing moves.

• Hi, 
    I wasnt aware that in the beginning of the Quick start guide tutorial dots were already keyframed, although 4:33 there are mention about no keyframes used. The start looked so slick so I though there are a sort of quick preview without using keyframes. 

Did you animate the objects that controls your connection? :)
    Hi, Installed a trial version and testing it with a few shape layers. How to get shapes moving like in tutorial just by starting preview. Nothing moves.

• I understand that it's not clear enough.
    However, it wouldn't make sense if controllers created their own animation: you'd have no control over them, and therefore no control over your animation!
  • Hi I am looking to animate some ropes and it looks like connect layers pro can help me with that, but my artwork is a little stylized and I understand the plug in only works with shape layers(?), can I ask if I can still add effects like roughen edges on the shape layers, or add texture mattes when I use the plug in? Hoping to purchase it before the sale ends! Thanks
  • Hi Dixie

It's a shape layer, you can put any other effect on it. You can link the path to a mask using expression for exemple.
    You even try before buying. The 7 days trial version is fully functional, but the number of supported layers is limited to 3 and the Add to Existing Connection option is disabled.

Cheers.
    Val

Hi I am looking to animate some ropes and it looks like connect layers pro can help me with that, but my artwork is a little stylized and I understand the plug in only works with shape layers(?), can I ask if I can still add effects like roughen edges on the shape layers, or add texture mattes when I use the plug in? Hoping to purchase it before the sale ends! Thanks

• Hi! Is there any way to update the connection when the layer name is changed? Especially text layers, like your example in the quick start tutorial, when I change the text, it looses the connection, so I have to scroll down all the way in your expression to change the name of the layers the chain is connected.  If I can reconnect easily or preferably automatically update the name of the layer, it would be awesome!
  • Yes
    You can fix that using a null object linked to your text layer. Connect to the null so if you change the name of the text layer it won't loose the connection.
    Cheers

Hi! Is there any way to update the connection when the layer name is changed? Especially text layers, like your example in the quick start tutorial, when I change the text, it looses the connection, so I have to scroll down all the way in your expression to change the name of the layers the chain is connected.  If I can reconnect easily or preferably automatically update the name of the layer, it would be awesome!

• Thank you so much for the suggestion. I also want to suggest to you all a website that was suggested to me by my best friend. He suggested it to me because I asked him to help me write my https://academized.com/professional-dissertation-writers dissertation. Then he shared this website with me. I used them, and I was very happy that he shared them with me. Because they are the best in terms of quality.