• Hi,

Any chance of an Apple Silicon update? Thanks!
    Hello! It is available now, and it works much faster on M1 :)
  • Hello!

I have been trying out the plugin but I can seem to get the spawn layer to work like in the sample project. Even when I open the sample project and make a new Physarum layer it totally ignores my spawn layer. Are there any recommendations for a fix for this?
    Please open support ticket and attach your project file! 
  • Hi there. I just bought the effect, but my AE keeps crashing upon adjusting a slight parameter? Before I even preview it it crashes. How can I fix this? All my softwares are updated.
  • Hello!

I have been trying out the plugin but I can seem to get the spawn layer to work like in the sample project. Even when I open the sample project and make a new Physarum layer it totally ignores my spawn layer. Are there any recommendations for a fix for this?
    Please open support ticket and attach your project file! 
    Same issue here, tried changing settings but nothing really change.
    Windows 10 machine 
    AE 22.2
  • woh this is incredible helpful. thanks!
    This plugin is definitely a niche use plugin, but it can work great when you have the right spot for it. Since there isn't a tutorial, I will say the inclusion of the project file that was used in the promotional/demonstration video is very helpful as you can dissect all the parameters that were adjusted to create the various effects. It is still a simulation of an organic slime mold so things can go in unpredictable directions, but I would also use this plugin in circumstances where that works to your benefit rather than scenarios that need to be precisely controlled. The three best tips I have for anyone trying this out are as follows:

1) Read the manual before you start. The directions aren't very complicated and definitely aren't comprehensive, but if you don't follow them to start you will get frustrated very quickly.

2) Make sure everything you are using in your spawn layer (or as a layer underneath your adjustment layer) is fully preview rendered before starting the simulation. This is especially important if you are trying these simulations at higher resolutions (like 4K vs the suggested ideal of 800x800). This may have just been me, but every time I tried to run a simulation without every layer (even those in my precomps) being full preview rendered the simulation would only reference the first frame of my animation rather than evolve with the layers or spawn animation. Super easy thing to do, but it is very frustrating to figure out if you don't know about it haha.

3) This one is very important if you want to replicate some of the effects from the promo video. Physarum produces and deletes particles ONLY when you animated the "particle count-in" setting. Otherwise it will produce it once in the first frame and work with it. You can totally get awesome and very unique results both ways, but if you're trying to have the particles fade out or produce some of those unique tails in the promo video this can only be done that way. 

Luckily this plugin doesn't come with a ton of parameters because it can produce a pretty crazy variety just while tweaking those. It is absolutely more of an experimental plugin, so you will definitely get more out of it if you are willing to tinker a bit. That being said, take a look at the promo video and the mini guide video and use the sample project to your benefit. Figure out what spots you like from those and take a look at the settings. That helped me tremendously in trying to find certain looks I saw in the promo. Hopefully the above tips help you get started as well. Definitely worth a try when you have a project that really suits it. 

• Hi, my Physarum plugin is shown as "missing" in the sample project even though the plugin appears in the effects folder and I just installed it. I have updated AE, deleted and reinstalled the plugins, added the license, restarted computer... nothing works. I have M1 Mac.
  • How do I get Physarum to spawn off of a live video?
  • Hello, I bought Physarum plugin yesterday but I can't make it work properly on my computer. It seems too heavy to run on my computer. It takes a very long time to render for a single frame so I can't do any animations even in low resolution. Is there something I missed. Is there something that I forgot or didn't understand? I read manual. And why the pink cross is still here?

Thank you to answer me.

• I REALLY want this plugin, but I can't get the trial version to work for more than 2 minutes without crashing on a Mac 2020 M1 Pro.  Any tips, or am I just SOL?
  • salt jb said:
    Hello, I bought Physarum plugin yesterday but I can't make it work properly on my computer. It seems too heavy to run on my computer. It takes a very long time to render for a single frame so I can't do any animations even in low resolution. Is there something I missed. Is there something that I forgot or didn't understand? I read manual. And why the pink cross is still here?

Thank you to answer me.

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1621
  • I want to ask, is it normal that a “Not Optimized for Multi Frame Rendering” message is displayed next to the plugin? I looked at similar cases on the Internet and disabled Multi Frame Rendering in preferences and warning icon is gone. In addition, performance has improved. I just want to know if this warning is normal?
  • Is there a way to have a transparent back ground or change the color of the pixels being generated? Or is it only the black background and the white pixels?