Automation Toolkit
  • Hi Alon , I would like to create a comp for Stories with custom name and it automatically opens with size 1920x1080 if possible with a shape inside! is there how to do this? if yes will you help me : ) ? huggg
    Hi Bernardo, 
    it is possible except the part that creates the shape layer, currently Automation Toolkit can only add empty shape layer without any content inside.

I created for you this automation with the project action "run javascript code", 
    with this action I can write code that use scripting functions that Automation Toolkit still don't support, this code only add a rectangle to the shape with the size of 1920*1080 and add a fill too.
    if you want to use this action you have to allow this option in the General settings tab under "Allow automation to run javascript code" (please read the alert before enabling this option).

beside the javascript code action the automation is very simple, 
    I used the project action "add composition", and typed a strange name which will certainly not exist already in the project, then I loop through the "items in the project" and search for the item with that strange name, then I set the width, height, frame rate, name of this item, 
    used the item action "add shape" to add an empty shape layer, 
    use the action "run javascript code" and wrote a custom code that adds rectangle shape to the content of the shape layer with the right values, then used the item action "open in viewer" to open the comp.

I hope this explanation is helpful, you can download this automation here.

for more help and support please check out the Automation Toolkit Forum.
    Thanks,
    Alon

Our excellent! 
    but I didn't find the link
    thank you very much :)

hug
  • Our excellent! 

hug
    Sorry, the file did not upload correctly, you can download it from here.
    Alon.
    zip
    zip
    Stories Comp.zip
  • Our excellent! 

hug
    Sorry, the file did not upload correctly, you can download it from here.
    Alon.
    Thankss :D
  • Alon,
    is it possible to create a button that does the following:

select up to 100 comps, then select frame number in side those comps (same frame for all), then output a still (png or whatever)

so it's basically a batch still export

• Alon,
    is it possible to create a button that does the following:

select up to 100 comps, then select frame number in side those comps (same frame for all), then output a still (png or whatever)

so it's basically a batch still export

Hi Michael,
    Sorry for the late reply, I usually try to answer faster but I had an issue with your request.

The automation you are trying to create seems very simple to create at first, the basic idea is that you have to open each selected comp then move to a specific timecode(that you type) and run each time automatically the menu command "Save Frame As" using the "menu command" project action.

the problem is that I can't get this specific menu command to work, because the name of the sub menu for this option is "File..." and the import submenu is also called "File..." :/.

there are more ways to create this exact automation but they are much more complicated, 
    one of them is to duplicate each comp and change the duration of the comp/ work area to this frame. The other way is to send each selected composition to the render queue and using the project action "run JavaScript code" to run a code that change the render setting "time span" property to render only 1 frame at this timecode.

I eventually went with the JavaScript code way because it is faster and cleaner. 
    By exploring this problem I found a way to support this render setting property and many more properties in the render settings so in future update this automation can be created without code. 
    I'm trying to avoid using JavaScript code because this tool was designed to be used by the average user but I wanted to give you a good solution this time.

this automation apply a template for the output module to change the format to PNG Sequence (unfortunately scripts can't change the format of the render output), 
    so please create a render queue output module template for PNG Sequence, my template name is "PNG Custom", if you create your template with different name please replace the "PNG Custom" to the new name in the automation (line 14).

For selecting the output location of the renders, before running the automation add a random composition to the render queue then save it to a location, you can delete this render queue item and run the automation and the render outputs will be saved to this location by default.

please make sure you type the frame number (not seconds or the timecode) and enable "allow automations to run external javascript code" in the general settings of automation toolkit.

A long answer for a short question, I hope that you will find it useful.
    I attached the automation file so you can load and examine it (make sure you unzip the file and using the latest version of Automation Toolkit).
    For more help and support please check out the Automation Toolkit Forum.
    Thanks,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    batch still export.zip
  • Alon, I am sure your toolkit can do this, but I'm struggling to find out how. I have a number of custom layer effects saved as presets (such as a drop shadow preset), but I want to be able to automate them. Is it possible to make an automation to run the kind of layer effects I have saved as presets? It would be great to be able to apply two or three to selected layers at once, instead of having to apply them separately. Additionally, once they're in Toolkit I could bind the automation to a hotkey. Thanks.

• Alon, I am sure your toolkit can do this, but I'm struggling to find out how. I have a number of custom layer effects saved as presets (such as a drop shadow preset), but I want to be able to automate them. Is it possible to make an automation to run the kind of layer effects I have saved as presets? It would be great to be able to apply two or three to selected layers at once, instead of having to apply them separately. Additionally, once they're in Toolkit I could bind the automation to a hotkey. Thanks.
    Hi Jonathan, 
    so if I understood right you want to apply your custom made animation preset to a bunch of layers at once, if you need more complex automation I will need more information.

this example automation applies 1 custom animation preset to all the selected layers in the active comp:
    1. create a loop using the "layers in the active comp" option (default), the loop will go through all the layers in the active comp.
    2. add an "if" line inside the loop and select the loop name (loop1) then the "selected" property and then "true", this will run the lines within the if only if the layer is selected.
    3. add an "action" line inside the "if" line, select the loop name ("loop1") and then select the action "apply animation preset", then type the exact name of the animation.

you can apply multiple animation presets using this method.
    make sure to save the the custom preset inside the application folder:
    win - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2021\Support Files\Presets\
    mac - Applications/Adobe After Effects 2021/Presets
    so automation toolkit can find them.

you can also bind a keyboard shortcut to the automation in the automation toolkit settings,
    just follow the instructions or check out this video (let me know if you have any issue with that).

I attached the automation file so you can load and examine it (make sure you unzip the file and using the latest version of Automation Toolkit).
    For more help and support please check out the Automation Toolkit Forum.
    Thanks,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    apply custom preset.zip
    845B
  • Wow that's amazingly fast Alon, thank you so much for the response. I'll check it out tomorrow and see how it runs.
  • Hey Alon is it possible you could make a scripts. Trying to get a random layer delete where you select multiple layers in a comp and it randomly deletes some layers and not all.

• Hey Alon is it possible you could make a scripts. Trying to get a random layer delete where you select multiple layers in a comp and it randomly deletes some layers and not all.

Hi Zachary, yes it is possible.
    by adding all the selected layers to a collection and then randomly delete layers from it, the number of layers you will delete will be a  selected percent of the all the selected layers.

Thanks,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    delete random.zip
  • Alon Shemer said: MOST High bless... Definitely the best in house designer for Aescript you can't be beat man. One of the best if not the best on AEscript.  Also is it possible to make automation toolkit for Premiere Pro?
    Hey Alon is it possible you could make a scripts. Trying to get a random layer delete where you select multiple layers in a comp and it randomly deletes some layers and not all.

Hi Zachary, yes it is possible.
    by adding all the selected layers to a collection and then randomly delete layers from it, the number of layers you will delete will be a  selected percent of the all the selected layers.

Thanks,
    Alon

• Alon i got a script you made called Add Transition randomly before; I would like to see if you could modify the script and have every layer that I only select have a transition instead of every layer in the comp. 
  • Alon i got a script you made called Add Transition randomly before; I would like to see if you could modify the script and have every layer that I only select have a transition instead of every layer in the comp. 
    Hi Zachary, sure! 
    I have all the automations that I sent you but I am not sure which one is "Add Transition randomly before;" maybe you changed the name of the automation, 
    can you attach the automation file in the comment?
    Thanks,
    Alon
  • I know how to attach files but if you scroll down a little farther you should see the file.
    Alon i got a script you made called Add Transition randomly before; I would like to see if you could modify the script and have every layer that I only select have a transition instead of every layer in the comp. 
    Hi Zachary, sure! 
    I have all the automations that I sent you but I am not sure which one is "Add Transition randomly before;" maybe you changed the name of the automation, 
    can you attach the automation file in the comment?
    Thanks,
    Alon

• I know how to attach files but if you scroll down a little farther you should see the file.

Zachary, I think that I found the automation "Random Trim" that trims 10 layers or more randomly, I changed it to work on the selected layers in the comp as you requested.

Thanks,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    random trim 2022.zip
  • Man thank you Alon!!!!
    I know how to attach files but if you scroll down a little farther you should see the file.

Zachary, I think that I found the automation "Random Trim" that trims 10 layers or more randomly, I changed it to work on the selected layers in the comp as you requested.

Thanks,
    Alon

• Im sorry i told you the wrong one, their is also an add transition random before. If you could add selected items that will put a random transition before.
  • It's the file random transition file on November 2020.
  • It's the file random transition file on November 2020.
    Zachary I still can't find it,
    Please attach the automation json file again (zip it before) so I can help you out.

Thanks,
    Alon
  • Here you go Alon. You could download the add transition randomly.

Thanks, this file disappeared from my computer and is too old to download from the Aescript forum.
    I changed the automation as you requested to work on the selected layers only.
    Thanks,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    Add transition random before 2022.zip
  • Thank you so much Alon.....
    Here you go Alon. You could download the add transition randomly.

Thanks, this file disappeared from my computer and is too old to download from the Aescript forum.
    I changed the automation as you requested to work on the selected layers only.
    Thanks,
    Alon

• Hi Alon, great tool! I'm trying to get my head around multiple outputs using different output presets in a render batch. I can't seem to apply a preset for the second / added output module. Could you point me into the right direction? Thanks! Oskar
  • Hi Alon, great tool! I'm trying to get my head around multiple outputs using different output presets in a render batch. I can't seem to apply a preset for the second / added output module. Could you point me into the right direction? Thanks! Oskar
    Hi Oskar, Thank you!

Sure I can help you with that but you can please post this question in the community forum, this comments section is for comments on the product and not for technical support so the second forum is better for this type of questions and support..

In the meantime I have created an automation for you that adds the active comp to the render queue and adds several output modules (3) and applies different presets to each, I hope you can learn from this, for more help please post in the forum.

Thanks,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    Add render output.zip
  • Hii. I've seen your ad on instagram and i loved this program. My question is: is there a way to move project files to a project folder based on their color labels? I've been trying hard for this. I think that would be better if there is a action called "move to this folder".

• Hii. I've seen your ad on instagram and i loved this program. My question is: is there a way to move project files to a project folder based on their color labels? I've been trying hard for this. I think that would be better if there is a action called "move to this folder".

Hi luciano, 
    yes! there is a way,  there is an item property called "parent folder" you can set this property(with a set line) to other folder project item and this will move the footage item to a different folder.

but can you please post this question in the community forum, this comments section is for comments on the product and not for technical support so the second forum is much better for this type of questions, there I will be able to help you to design and build this automation more easily.

I created for you an example of automation that moves all the red label footage in the project to a new folder called "Red Label".

For more help please post in the forum.
    Thanks,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    Organize by labels.zip