MarkerMaestro
  • 1.0 did not work with After 2020.
  • Oliver,

Can you give me some more detail as to what is not working? I am using MM on After Effects 2020 (17.6.0), and it works fine for me. Can you tell me what system, what version number, and what steps I can take to recreate the problem?

Thanks,

Rob
  • Hello:

I'm running v1.1 on After Effects 2020 (17.6.0 Build 46). In the duplicate tab I'm expecting a list of ALL the comps in my project as potential targets, but the list only has 7 comps, far fewer the the total number in my project. Am I mistaken or is something not working properly?

Best,

Matt
  • Hello:

I'm running v1.1 on After Effects 2020 (17.6.0 Build 46). In the duplicate tab I'm expecting a list of ALL the comps in my project as potential targets, but the list only has 7 comps, far fewer the the total number in my project. Am I mistaken or is something not working properly?

Best,

Matt

Open a support ticket for any technical assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hey Matt, I thought I replied to this last week, but my comment didn’t publish. In the Duplicates tab, the comps are presented in a tree view. All of the comps should be represented, but not all on the first level. If a comp is embedded in another as a pre-comp, then it will appear in the layer order of the parent’s comp. Twirl down the main comp to look at the layers. You should see all of the layers in the same order as they appear in the comp, including pre-comps. Each pre-comp should be able to be twirled down as well to reveal its layers in order. Let me know if this doesn’t make sense, or if you’re not seeing the pre-comps.
  • Hi Rob.

I just purchased after watching the intro video and may have misunderstood thinking that the plugin could select all markers within a comp? ie select all markers on all layers within a comp?
    Is there any way that this is possible without selecting only one layer at a time?

I've tried selecting multiple layers in the timeline and refreshing but only seeing the markers for the first selected layer within the plugin.

My use case is to select markers on many layers, and duplicate them onto the main comp / top level marker track in one go.

Thanks,
    Anthony 

• Hey Anthony,

Thanks for purchasing MarkerMaestro - sorry you're having trouble with it. Right now, MM only copies and pastes one set of Markers at a time, meaning a single layer or the Comp markers. I may add that feature later, as that is the second time someone has asked about it.

Rob
  • When you shift a marker it looses it's length?
  • Loving the tool so far, but I was wondering if it would be possible for it to automatically refresh the marker list whenever I select a layer? I know it's only one extra button press to hit that refresh button, but it adds up over a project with a lot of expressions using markers as triggers.
  • Nikolaus, I’ll take a look. It should maintain the duration. I may need you to give me steps to recreate the problem. Rob
  • Hey Chris, I’m loving it that you’re loving it! Automatic refreshing the tool was the intention from the beginning of the project, but it’s unfortunately a feature of scripted panels - they can only manually update. There is a method in the scripting language that allows this, but it’s disabled in dockable panels. I don’t know why and don’t approve, but I’m assuming they have their reasons. Rob
  • I'm testing out the free trial, but it won't duplicate.  I can see my comps, precomps and layers in the drop-down list, but when I select any one of them, the "Copy" button stays grayed-out.  Is the duplicate feature blocked in the trial version?  Or am I doing something wrong?
    AE 2021 18.2.1
    Windows 10 64bit
  • I bought the full versions so I could duplicate, and now. it isn't showing the markersv right in front of me that it could see before.
  • Hey Mary, can you give me a little more detail about the issue you're having? You should be able to see a layer's markers by selecting the layer, then refreshing MarkerMaestro. If you don't have a layer selected, you should see the Comp's markers. If you let me know the version of AE, the version of MarkerMaestro and the steps to recreate your problem, I can find a fix for you.
  • Hello Rob. I'm trying to copy multiple markers that have different durations. Is there anyway to preserve that information when pasted using the plugin?
  • It should work. I admit, the UI is a little confusing. If you select the markers you want to duplicate, then go to the Duplicate tab, find the Comp or layer you want to copy them to, then click the Copy button, and the markers with durations should be copied onto that Comp or layer.

Hope this helps.
  • It should work. I admit, the UI is a little confusing. If you select the markers you want to duplicate, then go to the Duplicate tab, find the Comp or layer you want to copy them to, then click the Copy button, and the markers with durations should be copied onto that Comp or layer.

Hope this helps.
    I'm trying to shift multiple markers down a timeline that are not tied to any layers. When I use the UI and shift multiple highlighted items over it doesn't copy the marker durations, just the markers themselves.
  • won't open on my new aMcBook Pro M1 AE 2022 
    Makes AE hang. 
    Have to delete it, unfortuately
  • won't open on my new aMcBook Pro M1 AE 2022 
    Makes AE hang. 
    Have to delete it, unfortuately

please see this faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/scripts-crashing-in-macos-monterey/
  • When we select a lot of markers and try to shift them, UI go crazy, it only takes into account certain markers in a completely random way, I have to shift them ten by ten. ( I try to shift them to the left, so I put a minus in front of the time. By the way It would be more practical if we could choose frames instead of time )
  • Any chance we could use Marker Maestro to set Label Colors for markers in the future?
  • nice tool
  • Really great tool. Well done.
    A couple of things would help: I have long lists of markers (say 100). If I open a marker in the middle of the list, double click it to change the name, then close the dialog box, the list scrolls back to the top, so I have to scroll down again to find the next marker. It would be ideal if the list would stay scrolled to the same point after editing. Also, if on opening a marker the cursor was automatically in the comment box with the text highlighted, that would speed up the process. Finally, if the list of markers would expand to fill the height of the window, it would make it much easier to manage large numbers of markers.
  • Thanks Luke. I'm glad you find it useful, and thanks for the feedback. You make some very good UX points that I will definitely take into consideration when I overhaul it.

R
  • Will there ever be an update for this script? Its extremely useful, but the UI could definitely use some work. I'd love to be able to see both the edit tab, and the duplicate tab at the same time so I don't have to go back and forth when setting up a project with a bunch of markers. It would also be so much better if you could expand the tiny window of each tab to fill up the size of the panel.
  • Hey Taylor, thanks for using Marker Maestro. I'm glad you find it useful, and you're going to find the next version even more useful. I am in the process of completely overhauling the interface and UX of the script. If all goes as planned, it'll be an extension and a major upgrade all around.

R
  • Small feature request - show the time for each marker in the list. some comps have a lot of markers and this would really help in knowing which markers are where.
  • Hi Rob. Great job with the script! Is there a way to autocenter timeline to playhead after jump to selceted marker? This would be super usefull :)
  • Hey Rob! Any chance the new overhaul will include an option to call the marker from a pre comp to the playhead? I often pre comp longer footage to drop into :30 commercials, so if I have a marker at 1:20 in the pre comp, but my main edit comp is only :30, it would be awesome to call a marker number to sync to my playhead. Make sense? Thanks and keep up the great work!!