• This really looks amazing... Thank you so much for making it :)
  • This is absolutely brilliant !
  • Would it be fair to call this a 2D EchoSpace?
  • Sure, but it also works in 3D!
  • some bug - when i use OPACITY over 100 (original 50, 10, how many = 10. overload 150=50+10*10) script make last copy for 100 and stop working
    and PLS!!!!!!! dont clear input filds!!!!!!
    this is so annoying
    each time to fill it during tuning!
    we have button for "clear" function when needed
  • Thanks for the bug report! the new version will be released in one or two weeks, I'll fix the problems you mentioned here. And also, there will be two new functions for you to make your things much easier.
    And if you want, you can send me an email, I will try to send you an email when the new version is out. [email protected]
  • Error: Unable to execute script at line 86. Invalid image data.
    Please solve this problem. My guess is: the image is missing.

AE CS6 on win8
  • Error: Unable to execute script at line 86. Invalid image data.
    Please solve this problem. My guess is: the image is missing.

AE CS6 on win8

Hey Tony, the picture is converted to binary file, so  you won't be able to find it in the resources folder. It's contained in the script.
    But, since you have problem with displaying the picture in your computer, I have change the script for you. Be sure to change both the script and the resources folder, don't just put the image in the the resource folder.
  • Thank you sleeper lee. Now it works great!
  • Really useful script, thank you.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but Array always creates 2 more copies than I ask for. So if I set it to make 1 copy, it makes 3. If I ask for 12 copies, it makes 14. Any idea why? I'm using CS6 on MacOS 10.7.5

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but Array always creates 2 more copies than I ask for. So if I set it to make 1 copy, it makes 3. If I ask for 12 copies, it makes 14. Any idea why? I'm using CS6 on MacOS 10.7.5
    Hi Ben Tillett, I found the problem and have updated the script.
    But keep in mind the script keeps the original layers when you duplicate them

Hi Ben Tillett, I found the problem and have updated the script.
    But keep in mind the script keeps the original layers when you duplicate them

Great, thanks!
  • I just bought your script but I keep getting an error:

Error: Unable to execute script at line 86. Invalid image data.

please help! I see you fixed this for someone else

Hi luke shedd,

Are you sure you are using the latest version of Array? Because I have fixed this problem in the latest version.
    The problem you said is cased by the binary image data, and I have change it to image file.

So you can download the latest version and it should work.
    If you still get this error, you can send me an emil, I'll send you the lastest version I'm using.
  • today i updated from 1.1. All my old bugs fixed. Great works. Thanks!
    Are u planing add more random setting to script?
  • Hey
    I've installed that script in AE two days ago and today have tried to open it...but there is no action except "Unable to execute script at line 86.File or folder does not exist". I've read all your posts here but i've downloaded the last availible version 1.52, i've just checked it. Maybe you can help me to find solution how to make this script working cause i need it, but i'm still beginner in AE and cant solve this problem, i've tried to do everything i could.
    Hi luke shedd,
    Are you sure you are using the latest version of Array? Because I have fixed this problem in the latest version.The problem you said is cased by the binary image data, and I have change it to image file.So you can download the latest version and it should work.If you still get this error, you can send me an emil, I'll send you the lastest version I'm using.

• Hey
    I've installed that script in AE two days ago and today have tried to open it...but there is no action except "Unable to execute script at line 86.File or folder does not exist". I've read all your posts here but i've downloaded the last availible version 1.52, i've just checked it. Maybe you can help me to find solution how to make this script working cause i need it, but i'm still beginner in AE and cant solve this problem, i've tried to do everything i could.
    Sorry, I've been busy these days. The "line 86" error means you miss the image "help_bar.jpg" in the "Array_Resources" folder.
    You said you have downloaded the last version, so where did you download it from? If you download it from the "My download Information", you will still get the old version. You need to download it from the product page. If the new version still won't help, please send me an email at [email protected]
  • To download the latest version please refer to this FAQ: How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
  • Really like the script.  Its a great helper.  One thing to add to the wish-list: When randomizing i would like to see the option: "no intersection" (layers wouldnt touch overlap each other..)
  • Hi Matthias Fasnacht,
    Glad to know that you like my script. "no intersection" is a good idea, I will add it in the next update.  :-)
  • I have the version 1.52 but get the error line 86 what is the latest version?
  • I have the version 1.52 but get the error line 86 what is the latest version?
    1.52 is the latest version (you can always check this on the VERSION HISTORY tab).  Make sure you have the Array_Resources folder correctly installed and that should fix this problem
  • I do want to try your script however I get the following message when attempting to run: Unable to execute script at line 86. File or folder does not exist. Would you give me a bit of help please...
  • I do want to try your script however I get the following message when attempting to run: Unable to execute script at line 86. File or folder does not exist. Would you give me a bit of help please...
    Hi Ivan, please read the comments above, make sure you have installed the script correctly. If you still can't make it work, feel free to contact me fro help :)
  • Hi what is the method if you want to distribute your layers in a circle?
  • Hi what is the method if you want to distribute your layers in a circle?
    Hi Roy, you can use "keyframes" to do that. check out the introduction video at 5:10. You create copies from keyframes. 
    Let me know how it go.
  • ok, sorry figured it out...just make sure the anchor point is offset initially...thanks
  • great script...thanks!!
  • great script...thanks!!
    Glad you like it :)
  • Hello,

I've downloaded the latest version of your script (1.52) for CS. I put the files in the UI folder : the .DS , jxbin, the Array_Resources files.

But I still got the "Unable to execute script at line 86. File or folder does not exist.".

Can you help, please ?
  • Hello,

I've downloaded the latest version of your script (1.52) for CS. I put the files in the UI folder : the .DS , jxbin, the Array_Resources files.

But I still got the "Unable to execute script at line 86. File or folder does not exist.".

Can you help, please ?
    Please open a support ticket and provide a screenshot of your installation folder.
  • Hello,

Can you help, please ?

I have fixed this problem and updated the script to version 1.53.
    Please update your script to version 1.53. Let me know if you still have any question.
    Sorry for the trouble.
  • Hello,

I'm trying to do something that should be pretty simple with Array but can't seem to make it work.

I have around 70 existing layers in their proper positions.  I want to make them start in this position and then explode in random directions ending up off screen.

I'm keyframing their positions then moving ahead and keyframing position again, then applying Array's Random function to modify this position - but it modifies the previous position as well.

Is there any way to use Array to add a new random position keyframe while keeping the initial position keyframe?

Thank you.
  • Hello,

I'm trying to do something that should be pretty simple with Array but can't seem to make it work.

I have around 70 existing layers in their proper positions.  I want to make them start in this position and then explode in random directions ending up off screen.

I'm keyframing their positions then moving ahead and keyframing position again, then applying Array's Random function to modify this position - but it modifies the previous position as well.

Is there any way to use Array to add a new random position keyframe while keeping the initial position keyframe?

Thank you.
    Sorry Taylor. The random function is designed to random existing values. It will random all the keyframes . But you are making a good point. I will add this function in the next update! 

In the mean time, maybe you can random all your layers' end position first and then keyframe their start? position? 
  • Thanks for the reply Zhiqiang.

I had looked at the option of randoming first and then resetting their start positions but they each had a different position to begin with.  I ended up just manually keyframing everything.

Array is a great product, I've recommended it to others.  I'll keep an eye out for that update.

Cheers.
  • Realy need random for rotation and scale!
  • Realy need random for rotation and scale!
    Actually you can random them by checking the "Affect all" check box. which allow you to random all the basic layer properties all the same time. but you can't just random one property at a time for now.
    I will make thing much easier in the next update.
  • I am running this script inside CC 2015.3 - and having problems on this test:

TEST:
    Create 4 copies - Position: X_offset: 140 px -- Duration: Start: 15frames -- Outpoint: -15frames
    - cannot do all at once
    - rather the timeline offset function works - but the X_offset does not?
    - tried doing these in two steps - (similar to your video)
    - do the X offset first - then do the time offset - still no luck
    - is there something i am doing wrong ??
  • i cant get this to run in CC 2017 - is there an update required, i've previously used it with CC 2015, thanks
  • Hi, 
    seems this plugin is not compatible since CC2016 (now CC208) any chance for an update? 
    or a workaround to make this work in CC2018 please? 
    cheers, 
    jan
  • This plug-in is not compatible with AE anymore, unless you're using a VERY old version. It should just be removed from AEScripts.com if the developer has given up on it, which it appears he has.
  • is there a modern alternative for this?
  • Please update this script or open-source it so someone can fix it for recent versions. It was such a useful script. I may be able to fix it if you send me the source.
  • AE 2023 and 2024, Array v 1.53... nothing but crashes. Loved this plugin when it worked. COME ON! please.
  • yosh nak said:
    is there a modern alternative for this?
    Yes, there are many