• Hi are you able to have rounded corners in grid mode with margins? Thanks
    I think so? Should be easy enough to pop open the trial and check :)
  • Hey Zack,

I've been using this for a lot of footage—putting it into a grid and using the "fill" setting so there's never any transparency—and it works great. My only request is a keyframe-able manual pixel offset controller in the grid rig controls. A lot of times parts of the footage will get cut off that you want visible (like the top of someone's head), and a simple manual adjustment on the Y axis would bring it back into view. 

I asked this question before and you responded but I still haven't been able to figure out how to manually adjust the position of a layer within the grid without moving one of the grid rows or columns.

I realize a workaround is to precomp the footage and keyframe its position as necessary, but having a manual adjustment in the Flex controls would be a much easier workflow!

Thanks for making such a cool tool!

Cheers,
    Cyan

•  My only request is a keyframe-able manual pixel offset controller in the grid rig controls.
    Have you tried adjusting the layer anchor points? This ought to do it.

•  My only request is a keyframe-able manual pixel offset controller in the grid rig controls.
    Have you tried adjusting the layer anchor points? This ought to do it.
    My man 
  • HI

Every time I start After Effects, the license input window appears....

• Kim Hunki said:

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• Kim Hunki said:

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

I reset the After Effects preferences and it worked fine.
    Thanks.
  • When I create shape layers to make a line rig, no container is added. Does anyone know why this is? I've followed the tutorials exactly, but whenever I click on either "rig column" or "rig row", only the parented Null shows.
  • CJ Veloso said:
    When I create shape layers to make a line rig, no container is added. Does anyone know why this is? I've followed the tutorials exactly, but whenever I click on either "rig column" or "rig row", only the parented Null shows.
    A container is never created for you; you need to make your own and specify that as the container layer.

• Hi, I got this error, what should I do: [I just apply to composition]
     After Effects error: Can not set expression with this property because the property or a parent property hidden. 
  • RaDn Hsn said:
    Hi, I got this error, what should I do: [I just apply to composition]
     After Effects error: Can not set expression with this property because the property or a parent property hidden. 
    Hi! Like every other comment here says, if you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • One thing that is not clear in the tutorials is how to properly setup
    the precomp for a shape.    I am guessing that the precomps should be the size of the shapes? As this will be the border that Flex uses?
    You provide wonderful examples but would really be helpful if you showed in detail how you built those examples. thanks!
    Ok, as I work with it, I am slowly figuring it out & getting what I want. I can make the precomp larger to fill in the scale but adjust with the scale offset.
  • Rob Bach said:
    Ok, as I work with it, I am slowly figuring it out & getting what I want. I can make the precomp larger to fill in the scale but adjust with the scale offset.
    Glad you found a solve!
  • Hi Zack! Can't wait to start 'Flexing but I keep getting this error when I open the script:
     "unable to execute script at line 1. null is not a object"

any ideas how to clear this up?
  • any ideas how to clear this up?
    Yes! Step 1: If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Hi, is it compatible with lottie files?
  • Hi, is it compatible with lottie files?
    I've heard that folks have had success using Flex with Bodymovin & Lottie.
  • I've been enjoying using flex, but I am curious if there is a way to keep an static element sit within the frame as it scales but have it's position remain consistent, despite the shift. So, flex will scale the width and height of a shape, but a static element can maintain it's size and position? I'm thinking of a logo, or something that needs to be positioned consistently, despite the shift in format. 
  • I've been enjoying using flex, but I am curious if there is a way to keep an static element sit within the frame as it scales but have it's position remain consistent, despite the shift.
    You could try removing the expression Flex applies to that layer's Position, but it may not work; Flex isn't made to support this kinda thing at the moment.
  • Hey feature request here! Would love some buttons (maybe in the utilities section) for selecting the different things that flex makes. Like, a button that selects mattes, one that selects rows, one for columns, all rows n' columns, etc. It can be a little tedious needing to select, deselect, lock, unlock all the layers involved in Flex; some assistance there would be rad. Additionally, it would be cool if there were a button to lock/unlock the mattes too. 

Anyway, lmk if there's a better place for feature requests. 

Thanks for making Flex! Love this thing.

• Thanks for making Flex! Love this thing.
    Thanks for the feedback! Will consider.

&, typically opening a support ticket can be nicer as it allows for more (private) back-and-forth.
  • Hi! awesome tool thanks! i was wondering if there's a way apply the rigs with a stroke so i can get a moving grid lines?
    Thanks!
    You could add layer stroke styles, or enable matte mode but disable them actually being mattes so you end up with shape layers, then just set those shape layers to be a stroke– lots of ways, using what Flex provides!
  • Hi, i am trying to use the Line feature and i can't see the horizontal and vertical option. Maybe due to the new AE version 2024 ?
  • Hi, i am trying to use the Line feature and i can't see the horizontal and vertical option. Maybe due to the new AE version 2024 ?
    The toggle was replaced with the "row" and "column" buttons instead. See the help docs for more info.