Plugin Compatibility AE 2020 to 2021
  • I've noticed something recently. When I upgraded to Adobe After Effects 2021 almost none of my plugins show compatibility within the AE scripts Installer Application. So therefore, the plugins I use the most are unavailable. I've started to look up individual l plugin's to see if they have information on when they expect to be updated. To my surprise most of them on AEScripts.com say they are 2021 Compatible. Is there a way to for the AE applications manager to install the files in the new 2021 directory? Do I have to do it manually? Am I missing something?

I've been holding on off using the 2021 After Effects because of my favorite plugins but I have found I just need to find a way to install them in the right directory for AE21.
  • Yes, in the manager prefs check the "Install for latest host only" option under the "Installation" tab and it will install into the latest available version. You can also select the products you want to install and right-clik and select "Custom Installation" and it will let you choose which version of the host you can install into overriding the product compatibility settings.

If you need any assistance please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you further: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1 ;
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions