• Great plugin, it makes it easier for me to navigate between programs, thank you!

I've always wanted to be able to compose in AE with Deep Composting like Nuke does, but it'll probably never be possible. However, there is some hope for the future as AE has slowly started using 3D models natively. If there was a function that blender could transfer 3D models to AE, then compositing would probably be similar to Deep Composting, because 3D layers transferred from Blender would react to 3D layers in AE. Have you ever thought that 3D models could be transferred to AE? 

Thanks
  • It seems this plugin won't export rotation values for spot lights and most importantly cameras. Am I doing anything incorrectly, will rotation animation export for these objects from Blender? If not yet, do you have plans to implement rotation for this plugin some time soon?

Edit: I've caught up on your documentation. Still interested in knowing when separated XYZ parameters might be available.
    Also, How do I animate "orientation" in Blender with cameras for output to AE?

Thanks for your continued work on this tool.   
  • Great plugin, it makes it easier for me to navigate between programs, thank you!

I've always wanted to be able to compose in AE with Deep Composting like Nuke does, but it'll probably never be possible. However, there is some hope for the future as AE has slowly started using 3D models natively. If there was a function that blender could transfer 3D models to AE, then compositing would probably be similar to Deep Composting, because 3D layers transferred from Blender would react to 3D layers in AE. Have you ever thought that 3D models could be transferred to AE? 

Thanks
    I'm testing the Beta and have been in touch with the Ae team about the upcoming native 3D support! My hope is to add this as a key feature in the near future if all goes to plan, but at the moment still waiting for the 3D object scripting capabilities to be finalised by Adobe.
  • It seems this plugin won't export rotation values for spot lights and most importantly cameras. Am I doing anything incorrectly, will rotation animation export for these objects from Blender? If not yet, do you have plans to implement rotation for this plugin some time soon?

Edit: I've caught up on your documentation. Still interested in knowing when separated XYZ parameters might be available.
    Also, How do I animate "orientation" in Blender with cameras for output to AE?

Thanks for your continued work on this tool.   
    Spotlight rotation is indeed a work in progress, I'll try to implement that along with some new features in the next update. Cameras  and objects should be correctly rotated and do currently support animation and separated x,y,z rotations... Regarding the orientation though... are you trying to get Blender camera rotation values to come across as orientation keyframes instead of separated x,y,z?
  • Spotlight rotation is indeed a work in progress, I'll try to implement that along with some new features in the next update. Cameras  and objects should be correctly rotated and do currently support animation and separated x,y,z rotations... Regarding the orientation though... are you trying to get Blender camera rotation values to come across as orientation keyframes instead of separated x,y,z?
    "unable to execute script at line 241. After Effects error: unable to call "setValueAtTime" because of parameter 2. Value is undefined."

I see. I must be experiencing a bug of some kind. The animated Blender camera only sends position data to AE. It does not contain xyz or zoom keyframes that are present in the Blender timeline. Above is the error I get from AE upon import of the Blender camera to AE. How should I proceed for troubleshooting? I'm super excited to figure this out and start using this plugin finally!

*I'm only interested in the separated XYZ rotation, not using orientation. I misunderstood and thought orientation was the only way to translate rotation.

Windows 10, Blender 3.4.1, AE 23.2.1 (build 3)
  • Spotlight rotation is indeed a work in progress, I'll try to implement that along with some new features in the next update. Cameras  and objects should be correctly rotated and do currently support animation and separated x,y,z rotations... Regarding the orientation though... are you trying to get Blender camera rotation values to come across as orientation keyframes instead of separated x,y,z?
    "unable to execute script at line 241. After Effects error: unable to call "setValueAtTime" because of parameter 2. Value is undefined."

I see. I must be experiencing a bug of some kind. The animated Blender camera only sends position data to AE. It does not contain xyz or zoom keyframes that are present in the Blender timeline. Above is the error I get from AE upon import of the Blender camera to AE. How should I proceed for troubleshooting? I'm super excited to figure this out and start using this plugin finally!

*I'm only interested in the separated XYZ rotation, not using orientation. I misunderstood and thought orientation was the only way to translate rotation.

Windows 10, Blender 3.4.1, AE 23.2.1 (build 3)
    Yes that sounds like a bug. Could you open a support ticket so I can investigate - https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1799&direct=1
  • Hey Daniel, it would be great if it would be possible to "sync" or intelligently overwrite existing imports into AE. Otherwise I have to delete/replace everything every time.
  • Hey Daniel, it would be great if it would be possible to "sync" or intelligently overwrite existing imports into AE. Otherwise I have to delete/replace everything every time.
    Thanks for the suggestion Ciril. That's something I have listed to investigate, I'll continue to look into it!
  • Hello! I'm testing the trial version. I want to export a camera and a couple of objects without modifiers. in AE I get the following error
    "Unable to execute script at line 898. url is undefined"
  • Hello! I'm testing the trial version. I want to export a camera and a couple of objects without modifiers. in AE I get the following error
    Thanks for letting me know about this Dmitry. That's a strange error. What version of BlenderAe (please ensure you're using the latest 1.4.3 version), and version of Blender and Ae are you using?

Thanks for letting me know about this Dmitry. That's a strange error. What version of BlenderAe (please ensure you're using the latest 1.4.3 version), and version of Blender and Ae are you using?
    Hi Daniel!
    I have already purchased your addon, but the error remains(((( 1.4.3 version
    Please help me. This is very important for me right now.

Blender version 3.6 , After Effects version 23.5.

Before that I also tried versions of Blender 3.5 and After Effects 23.4
    At some point it all worked, but then it crashed again(. 
    I don't understand why it happens. i installed everything according to the instructions

here's the video

Installed After Effects version 22 and now it works

• Hi Dmitry, I checked these versions and tested on my system with no issues. That line of code also doesn't have anything to do with a URL as well which is leading me to believe that the error is caused by another script or plugin on your system... could you try disabling some of the other scripts and see if it helps? Please open a support ticket as well and we can discuss in more detail. Thanks, Daniel.
  • Hi Dmitry, I checked these versions and tested on my system with no issues. That line of code also doesn't have anything to do with a URL as well which is leading me to believe that the error is caused by another script or plugin on your system... could you try disabling some of the other scripts and see if it helps? Please open a support ticket as well and we can discuss in more detail. Thanks, Daniel.
    I disabled all the scripts in AE and now everything works in version 23. Thanks for the tip
    I disabled all the scripts in AE and now everything works in version 23. Thanks for the tip
    Great to hear! If you do manage to figure out which script it is that's causing the issue let me know.
  • Hi, I'm also getting this error:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Abraham\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.5\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_op.py", line 116, in execute
        exported = export_json_ae()
      File "C:\Users\Abraham\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.5\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1691, in export_json_ae
        send_to_Ae()
      File "C:\Users\Abraham\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.5\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1007, in send_to_Ae
        send_data = subprocess.run(
      File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.5\3.5\python\lib\subprocess.py", line 503, in run
        with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as process:
      File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.5\3.5\python\lib\subprocess.py", line 971, in __init__
        self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
      File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.5\3.5\python\lib\subprocess.py", line 1440, in _execute_child
        hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
    OSError: [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application

This is happening on:
    Blender 3.5
    After Effects 23.5
    BlenderAE 1.4.3

• will not install through the aescripts installer app. error: "the installer of Blender AE is corrupted. Would you like to delete it and download again?" It never gets past that error to do the install.  maybe manual install instructions? any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks. On a M1 ultra mac studio
  • will not install through the aescripts installer app. error: "the installer of Blender AE is corrupted. Would you like to delete it and download again?" It never gets past that error to do the install.  maybe manual install instructions? any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks. On a M1 ultra mac studio
    Hi, yes this is something that the aescripts developers are looking and will hopefully have fixed soon in the aescripts manager. If you open a support ticket I can send you the latest version of the addon to install directly in Blender. Thanks, Daniel.
  • Hello.
    Can you tell me why exporting a script to AE can hang? 
    I want to export only the camera from Blender to AE and I can't do it((( 
    I have already installed a clean version of AE and it doesn't help(

• Hi, does this plugin support exporting equirectangular stereoscopy cameras from blender into after effects?
  • Hi, does this plugin support exporting equirectangular stereoscopy cameras from blender into after effects?
    Hey Oz, at this point in time they are not supported sorry. I'll add that as something to look into for future possible updates.
  • I'm also getting the same error. Did you manage to find a fix for this?

• I'm also getting the same error. Did you manage to find a fix for this?

Hey Andrew, thanks for letting me know about this. I just replied to your support ticket. If you can try the things I mentioned and let me know how that goes that would be great. Kind regards, Daniel.
  • Hello.
    Can you tell me why exporting a script to AE can hang? 
    I want to export only the camera from Blender to AE and I can't do it((( 
    I have already installed a clean version of AE and it doesn't help(

Apologies, I seem to have missed this comment. Did you manage to get this issue resolve on your system?
  • This add on is amazing. Like Overlord for Blender. I think After Effects will start supporting real 3D objects. Is there any chance you'll support sending a 3D model to AE in a future update? 
  • This add on is amazing. Like Overlord for Blender. I think After Effects will start supporting real 3D objects. Is there any chance you'll support sending a 3D model to AE in a future update? 
    Thanks for the feedback Jeff! Yes, it's definitely one of my top features that I hope to implement in the future! At the moment I'm waiting for the After Effects team to implement scripting hooks so that developers can control the 3D import options.
  • Hi,

Great add-on, but as of AE 2024 I get this error

Unable to execute script at line 223. UNable to call setValueAtTime because of parameter 2. Value is underfined.

• Hi,

Unable to execute script at line 223. UNable to call setValueAtTime because of parameter 2. Value is underfined.

Hi Remington, I'll have a look into this asap. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Hi,

Hi @Remington Markham, I've tested with the latest version of Blender and After Effects and can't reproduce this error on my system. Would you be able to open a support ticket so I can investigate this with you further. Thanks, Daniel.
  • Hi,

Hi @Remington Markham, I've tested with the latest version of Blender and After Effects and can't reproduce this error on my system. Would you be able to open a support ticket so I can investigate this with you further. Thanks, Daniel.

I'm having the same problem with AE2024

• Thanks for letting me know @wangjinling ... would you be able to open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1799&direct=1 so I can investigate further? 
  • I have a question about rendering while importing. If I start the import process and get the AE warning that it will take some time can I be rendering in Blender in the background while the importation process is happeing.?
  • I have a question about rendering while importing. If I start the import process and get the AE warning that it will take some time can I be rendering in Blender in the background while the importation process is happeing.?
    Hey Tom, yes that's fine. Once After Effects receives the data it means that Blender has finished exporting data and is free to use as needed. Hope that helps!
  • Amazing. Thi is priceless. Buying soon!
  • Hey there, 

i just bought your item and i find it very useful ! thanks a lot for that !
    if i export camera and null object data  from blender to after effect it seems that easing effect applied on that null object are not exported in after effect. Is it because the plugin can not transfer those data ? or maybe i do something wrong.. that i hope. ;)
    Thanks for any help :)

• Hey there, i just bought your item and i find it very useful ! thanks a lot for that !
    if i export camera and null object data  from blender to after effect it seems that easing effect applied on that null object are not exported in after effect. Is it because the plugin can not transfer those data ? or maybe i do something wrong.. that i hope. ;)
    Hey Ben, thanks for letting me know. That sounds like a bug. Could you open a support ticket so I can investigate further... https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1799&direct=1
    Thanks, Daniel
  • Hey there, i just bought your item and i find it very useful ! thanks a lot for that !
    Hey Ben, thanks for letting me know. That sounds like a bug. Could you open a support ticket so I can investigate further... https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1799&direct=1
    Thanks, Daniel
    hey there !
    i sent you a message earlier this morning by the link you provided, but in fact the issue seems to be solved.
    I just haven't seen that the PNG seq imported in AE was at 30 FPS , i just figured it out when i was writing the message. Sorry for disturbing you, i'm so ashamed. 
  • hey there !
    i sent you a message earlier this morning by the link you provided, but in fact the issue seems to be solved.
    I just haven't seen that the PNG seq imported in AE was at 30 FPS , i just figured it out when i was writing the message. Sorry for disturbing you, i'm so ashamed. 
    Hey no worries at all! Simple solutions are the best ones! Glad everything seems to be working ok!
    Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.
  • i have same issue on ae2023 from blender3.6:Unable to execute script at line 223. UNable to call setValueAtTime because of parameter 2. Value is underfined.
  • Hey, thanks for the awesome plugin! It's becoming an essential tool in my workflow.

I was wondering if anyone is getting a "second script" error message when sending objects from Blender (4.0) to Ae (24) with BlenderAe (1.4.6) on Windows? It usually works when dismissing it the first time and immediately trying again, but every time I try to use the Export to Ae button I get the same error message over at Ae telling me that:

"An attempt was made to run a second script while another script was already running, second script was not run..."
    and to "Try launching Ae with the -ro or -so flag to override this behavior."

The complexity of either the Ae comp, Blender scene, selected objects or time since last import don't seem to make a difference.
    It's not the biggest deal to me since trying until success is curiously enough usually only a click or two away, but I wonder if it's a known bug or if there's a workaround for it?

I'm gonna check installation procedure again since the update soon but thought I'd ask if I missed anything from my end.

Thanks again
  • Hey, thanks for the awesome plugin! It's becoming an essential tool in my workflow.

I was wondering if anyone is getting a "second script" error message when sending objects from Blender (4.0) to Ae (24) with BlenderAe (1.4.6) on Windows? It usually works when dismissing it the first time and immediately trying again, but every time I try to use the Export to Ae button I get the same error message over at Ae telling me that:

"An attempt was made to run a second script while another script was already running, second script was not run..."
    and to "Try launching Ae with the -ro or -so flag to override this behavior."

The complexity of either the Ae comp, Blender scene, selected objects or time since last import don't seem to make a difference.
    It's not the biggest deal to me since trying until success is curiously enough usually only a click or two away, but I wonder if it's a known bug or if there's a workaround for it?

I'm gonna check installation procedure again since the update soon but thought I'd ask if I missed anything from my end.

Thanks again
    Hey Dejan, thanks for reporting this. It sounds like the script is hanging in After Effects which is odd. It could be possible that there is another extension or script (not BlenderAe) running in the background at the same time that you're trying to run BlenderAe? If you want to open a support ticket I can communicate with you directly to test a few things - https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1799&direct=1
  • Hey .. got an issue between blender4.0 and afx2024 (24.2.1)

-------

File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_op.py", line 116, in execute
      File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1690, in export_json_ae
        get_objects_data(store_data, selection)
      File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1605, in get_objects_data
        store_face_data(store_data, obj, obj_name)
      File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1581, in store_face_data
        face_loc_global, face_rot_global, verts_global, verts_2d = bmesh_face_data(
      File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1386, in bmesh_face_data
        v_3d = M.inverted() @ vert.co
    ValueError: Matrix.invert(ed): matrix does not have an inverse
      File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_op.py", line 116, in execute
      File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1690, in export_json_ae
        get_objects_data(store_data, selection)
      File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1605, in get_objects_data
        store_face_data(store_data, obj, obj_name)
      File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1581, in store_face_data
        face_loc_global, face_rot_global, verts_global, verts_2d = bmesh_face_data(
      File "C:\Users\alekp\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\BlenderAe\BlenderAe_Export.py", line 1386, in bmesh_face_data
        v_3d = M.inverted() @ vert.co
    ValueError: Matrix.invert(ed): matrix does not have an inverse

• Hi Alek, I just replied to your support ticket. Thanks for including the file. The plane geometry you were trying to export had loose vertices and disconnected edges that was causing the export conversions to fail. Let me know if you run into any other trouble. Thanks, Daniel.
  • how export camera with Shift XY values after tracking? I get wrong positions after import camera in AE
  • how export camera with Shift XY values after tracking? I get wrong positions after import camera in AE
    Hey Ksenia, I tested for some time to find a way to convert the Camera Shift XY values, but unfortunately haven't been able to find a reasonable conversion for all cases that works in After Effects camera's. They just don't have the same capabilities, especially when the Shift XY is animated. I hope you're able to find a workaround. Kind regards, Daniel.