FX StrokeSetter

• imageFX StrokeSetter

The missing Stroke panel for After Effects! Change Stroke Caps, Corners, and Alignment on several Shape Layers at once. Add Taper, Wave, or Dashes to your Strokes, and control them with expressions locally (effects created on each layer) or globally (effects on a master Null) thanks to easy shortcuts!

https://aescripts.com/fx-strokesetter/

• What is the "manifest.txt" file for?
  • What is the "manifest.txt" file for?
    This "manifest.txt" file is meant to be used only by the aescripts Installer Manager ; you don't need to use it if you install the product manually, by copying both the .jsxbin file and the assets folder in the ScriptUI Panels folder as shown at the beginning of in my video overview.
  • I get the following error: Unable to execute script at line 1368 Invalid image data.

I tried installing as ScriptUI panel from menu.
    And just copying to ScriptUI Panels folder... both didn't work.

I'm also on windows, is it compatible?

• I get the following error: Unable to execute script at line 1368 Invalid image data.

I tried installing as ScriptUI panel from menu.
    And just copying to ScriptUI Panels folder... both didn't work.

I'm also on windows, is it compatible?

It can't work by installing it through the panel menu.
    You have to either install it with the aescripts instal manager
    OR
    to install it manually

To install it manually, you have to copy both the "FX_StrokeSetter.jsxbin" file AND the  "FXStrokeSetterAssets" folder, and to paste them both at the same level of hierarchy inside your ScriptUI Panels folder, as demonstrated in my tutorial.

Then restart AfterEffects and launch the product ; it will work as expected :)
  • Can Global control Stroke Dash's "Gap"?
  • Can Global control Stroke Dash's "Gap"?
    Yes you can !
    But you'll have to ensure both the ALT and the SHIFT keys are still holden down on the keyboard while you set the numbers of Gaps and Dashes in the window that pops up (please keep them down until you hit the "Set Dashes on Selected Shape Layers"
  • Looks like a cool tool :-)
    Will the applied effects work when exported to Lotties?
    Cheers
    :-)
    Marco
  • Looks like a cool tool :-)
    Will the applied effects work when exported to Lotties?
    Cheers
    :-)
    Marco
    Hello,
    I don't have testes with Lotties but I'm not sure it would work for the taper, wave and dashes effects. For the others, it should work as soon as you don't create local or global controls by holding down the Alt and/or Alt+Shift keys while clicking on the buttons. If you do so, you'll have to bake the expressions applied to the properties to standard keyframes (if you wanna keep the animation)

• Hi There, my question may be a bit "dummy" in terms of understanding scripting: If it comes done to the taper function of an shape / stroke. Will the script manipulate the values directly or create expressions to do so? We figured, that to many expression (we going to have quiet a lot strokes) will mess up the render time.
  • Hi There, my question may be a bit "dummy" in terms of understanding scripting: If it comes done to the taper function of an shape / stroke. Will the script manipulate the values directly or create expressions to do so? We figured, that to many expression (we going to have quiet a lot strokes) will mess up the render time.
    Hello
    This is not a "dummy question" ^_^
    The script can set the Taper effect on a lot of strokes in a single click with default values (the script won't allow you to tweak the taper paramaters on the fly).
    BUT
    you CAN (you are not bound to) add some expressions to the Taper parameters if you need to control all them at a single place (a CTRL Null layer, please refer to the tutorial for that).

The expressions are just some basic links to some sliders so - even if you do have a lot of strokes - that won't make your project slower (only long and complicated calculations in expressions would slow a project in AE, not that kind of simple link).
    Hope that answers to your questions.