mobKnife Photoshop Plugin
  • Hi, I get some strange errors, when using the brushes: "QuatterCircleCalc error" > any suggestions?
    …and this while using the Circle Cut > LogicQuatterCircleCalc error/
    …and this: Cutline located outside the canvas

C'mon guys, why you are launching a NOT WORKING PLUGIN???

Followed the tutorial & documentation. Obviously the plugin isn't working properly.

Thank you.
    Greg
  • Installed on my Mac Studio and couldn't get it to even show up. I saw the video and the "legacy extensions" is not an option. Not compatible for Silicon? I got frustrated and uninstalled. Bummer.
  • Hi, I get some strange errors, when using the brushes: "QuatterCircleCalc error" > any suggestions?
    …and this while using the Circle Cut > LogicQuatterCircleCalc error/
    …and this: Cutline located outside the canvas

C'mon guys, why you are launching a NOT WORKING PLUGIN???

Followed the tutorial & documentation. Obviously the plugin isn't working properly.

Thank you.
    Greg

Hi Krystyna Kwiatkowska 

The "Cutline located outside the canvas" message shows up when you draw the line outside the working area, so there is nothing to cut.

Also, the line you draw should be located on top of the layer you want to cut. Otherwise, the plugin doesn't find any pixels to work.

If you experiencing further errors, please open a support ticket and attach a small video screen capture. https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1813&direct=1

• Installed on my Mac Studio and couldn't get it to even show up. I saw the video and the "legacy extensions" is not an option. Not compatible for Silicon? I got frustrated and uninstalled. Bummer.
    Hi David Kerman 
    With the Apple Silicon M1, you need to run Photoshop as Rosetta. Here is how:
    Right-click Photoshop in Finder and click Get info. Below Get info is an Option to Run using Rosetta.

Official guide:

• Liking it.  Is there a way to modify the size of the displacement effect? Let's say I want to apply a displacement but want variable sizes, some small and some larger. Is this possible and if not, I would love to see it in a future update.
  • Liking it.  Is there a way to modify the size of the displacement effect? Let's say I want to apply a displacement but want variable sizes, some small and some larger. Is this possible and if not, I would love to see it in a future update.
    Hi Jonas Stoltz,
    Sure, and it's interactive. The longer the line you draw - the bigger the texture scale. Also, the displacement texture is rotated automatically according to the line angle, and shifts according to the line vector. 
  • Hi

Can i add more displace maps to the plugin?
  • Hi Enrique Chavez,
    You can add displacements on top of each other. The longer the line you draw - the bigger the texture scale. There is no option to add custom displace maps.
  • The plug in doesn't work for me. It goes through the entire process of creating the necessary layers, but when I darw the line nothing happends. It just generates a line and no distortion is appriled.
    I've uninstalled and deleted all preferences and it just won't work.
    Any insight?
  • Hi Hector Herrera
    Important: You need to draw the line on the "Working Layer"

1.  Activate Cut Render Button to automatically create the “Source” and “Working Layer” layers.
    2. Draw the line on the “Working Layer” layer with the Line Tool ( “U” shortcut ).  
    Render starts automatically.
        As long as Cut Render Button is activated, the plugin is in standby mode 
        and will start the render as soon as it finds the line on a “Working Layer”. 
  • Hi, i've just bought the plugin.

The plugin does not work for me. I do all the steps from tutorial video – the plugin after applying a line is just slightly moves the layer which should be displaced but nothing more happens. I recorded the screen video, take a look, please: 

regards,
    Álex 
  • Hi, i've just bought the plugin.

The plugin does not work for me. I do all the steps from tutorial video – the plugin after applying a line is just slightly moves the layer which should be displaced but nothing more happens. I recorded the screen video, take a look, please: 

regards,
    Álex 

Hi Alex Todosko. Noticed you have used the Artboard layers within the document. 
    Please do not convert normal layers to the Artboard or vice versa.

You can reset your preferences by going to the menu ‘Edit > Preferences > General’ and then selecting ‘Reset Preferences on Quit’. Restart Photoshop.
    This has proven to solve the problem in many cases.

If you experiencing any issues, please open a support ticket here:
  • Hi Alex Todosko. Noticed you have used the Artboard layers within the document. 
    Please do not convert normal layers to the Artboard or vice versa.

You can reset your preferences by going to the menu ‘Edit > Preferences > General’ and then selecting ‘Reset Preferences on Quit’. Restart Photoshop.
    This has proven to solve the problem in many cases.

If you experiencing any issues, please open a support ticket here:
    The problem was solved via a fast support assistance reply, thank you.
  • I didn't work at all with the German version of PS 24. After switching to English it seems to work somehow, but still getting tons of annoying error notifications from PS that can't be stopped without closing PS by the task manager. 
  • I didn't work at all with the German version of PS 24. After switching to English it seems to work somehow, but still getting tons of annoying error notifications from PS that can't be stopped without closing PS by the task manager. 

Hi Bjoern Fiekert 

The plugin support only English Photoshop language as stated in the description on the product page. The Photoshop notifications can be turned off in Photoshop itself.

Let us know what kind of notifications you have - please open a support ticket here:

https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1966&direct=1

• Hi, it's working with Smart Layers?
  • Hi, it's working with Smart Layers?
    Hi Mehmet Ozdemir,
    No, the layer will be duplicated and rasterized.
  • Hello, this is an incredibly interesting plug-in. Are there any plans on making it M1/M2/Apple Silicon compatible? Running Photoshop in Rosetta slows it down to unacceptable speeds for the size of files I usually work with. Thank you.
  • Hi Michael Velasquez ,
    Yeap, we are developing a native Photoshops UXP plugin version. 
    Hello, this is an incredibly interesting plug-in. Are there any plans on making it M1/M2/Apple Silicon compatible? Running Photoshop in Rosetta slows it down to unacceptable speeds for the size of files I usually work with. Thank you.

• Just tried to update and it crashed and now says update is not available?
    • An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner.
    • no plugin to download!

• An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner.
    • no plugin to download!

Please try to download the plugin now.
  • hi there,
    source and working layer doesnt come up when i hit cut button.
    i use M1 mac and photoshop 2023
  • hi there,
    source and working layer doesnt come up when i hit cut button.
    i use M1 mac and photoshop 2023

Hi

Please open a support ticket here:

Please specify which plugin version you installed.

• Hi author ! I'm trying to download Tiral but its downloading 1.0 version can you fix it ?
  • Hi author ! I'm trying to download Tiral but its downloading 1.0 version can you fix it ?
    Hey hey, the trial version is available for version 1.0 only.
  • Hey, I'm having an issue where Mobknife will only make one cut, and only in the very top of any image I make, then no longer work. Please help. 
  • Hey, I'm having an issue where Mobknife will only make one cut, and only in the very top of any image I make, then no longer work. Please help. 

Hi Jonathan Lodder

Please open a support ticket here:

Please specify your Photoshop and OS versions.

Thank you

• Trying to test the trial on ps2024 but can only see the vers.1 there, would that work on 2024? what's different from 

2.1 ?

• Trying to test the trial on ps2024 but can only see the vers.1 there, would that work on 2024? what's different from 

2.1 ?

Hi Jacomo,
    Below is the list of improvements for version 2.0.
    You can also find it under the Version History Tab:

M processors support
    Source layers don’t pop up to the top of the hierarchy.
    Improved layer-cutting algorithm
    Dynamic slider controls (adjust the offset right after the rendering)
    New UI including PS interface color themes
    New displace textures added

And version 2.1 supports Photoshop 2024