• This is very useful tool for an example in situations where you have a large comp (4K, 8K etc.) as you can use "region of interest" to crop smaller area from that larger comp to work on. So you can have smaller comps on a main composition that might be super huge. This speeds up AE quite a lot! Even though I dont have situations like described too often, I had to buy this! 

Thanks for the cool tool!
  • This is very useful tool for an example in situations where you have a large comp (4K, 8K etc.) as you can use "region of interest" to crop smaller area from that larger comp to work on. So you can have smaller comps on a main composition that might be super huge. This speeds up AE quite a lot! Even though I dont have situations like described too often, I had to buy this! 

Thanks for the cool tool!
    Thank you!
  • That's a fantastic script. My recent project was a mess. I forgot to think abou the precomop size and then it was too late. You saved me with CropRoi.
    Thank you very much.
  • That's a fantastic script. My recent project was a mess. I forgot to think abou the precomop size and then it was too late. You saved me with CropRoi.
    Thank you very much.

Thank you for your kind words!!
  • I get an error:

ERROR - CATCH
    Line 1
    Error:
    Error: After Effects error: Can not "set value" with this propery, because the property or a parent property is hidden.

I have no parenting whatsoever nor any keyframe anywhere inside the precomp. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks
  • I get an error:

ERROR - CATCH
    Line 1
    Error:
    Error: After Effects error: Can not "set value" with this propery, because the property or a parent property is hidden.

I have no parenting whatsoever nor any keyframe anywhere inside the precomp. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks
    Hi David, thank you so much for the information. I have spotted the issue and I am going to upload the update as soon as possible. 
    I will let you know as soon as the update is live.
  • Just to clarify, this happens because of a setting you have the position dimensions separated and I did not account for that. So, if you want a quick fix, right click on the position property and un-separate it, until I upload the update.
  • Version 1.1 is up! Please let me know you have any more problems.
  • Thank you very much. A good script. If he still calculated the transparency himself and cut it by adding, for example, 5-10-20 px. In general, there would be a buzz. Used in 23 AE script works. 
    By searching for the word "Crop" on this site does not find anything, I found it through your blog by chance with a link under the video on YouTube.