qp_Grade Assistant
  • I'm pleased to know this is available. Do you know if it will be compatible with CS7 AE?
  • hallo 
    i am frank from germany. 

i ve bought this plugin for my CS 5 MAC license but it does not work.
    there is a message: " After Effects error: invalid filter ( 23 :: 3 ) "

i have copy-pasted the MAC 32 Plugin into the plugin folder.  since i restarted my system, Quarterlight Pictures appears at the effect list with " (version) qp_Grade Assistant ". i also tried to create adjustment layers and set them to guide layer but it still doesnt work :( :(

please, if anyone has a clue for that issue, please please help. i prefer to do my color grade inside after effects but there isnt any scope provided yet.

CS5 MAC. osx: 10.5.8 processor: 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core Inel Xeon // 18 GB 800MHz //NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800

regards
  • I'm pleased to know this is available. Do you know if it will be compatible with CS7 AE?
    Yes, it will be compatible with AE CC
  • i have copy-pasted the MAC 32 Plugin into the plugin folder.  since i restarted my system, Quarterlight Pictures appears at the effect list with " (version) qp_Grade Assistant ". i also tried to create adjustment layers and set them to guide layer but it still doesnt work :( :(
    You need to install the 64-bit version to use it with CS5 and above
  • Hello and thanks to aescript for bringing us all those really cool tools.

I was wondering : would that be interesting to have a feature that allow us to have an interface with three screenshot : the image we are working on, and next to it a screeshot of the footage before, and also a screenshot of the footage that come after in the timeline ?

Thanks again for all those cool features.

Best,

Nicolas
  • How does the UI look and work in Premiere CC? Do you have screen capture?
  • Hello and thanks to aescript for bringing us all those really cool tools.

I was wondering : would that be interesting to have a feature that allow us to have an interface with three screenshot : the image we are working on, and next to it a screeshot of the footage before, and also a screenshot of the footage that come after in the timeline ?

Thanks again for all those cool features.

Best,

Nicolas
    Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm not sure that's possible, but it's a very cool idea and is something I'll look into for version 2.x. Version 2.0 is nearing completion. Watch this space for more news!
  • How does the UI look and work in Premiere CC? Do you have screen capture?
    Hi Jussi,

I'm afraid I never intended this plugin to be used inside Premiere, mainly because Premiere already has its own scopes. As such I've not tried it. However I imagine it will look very similar to the AE version, in that the view will be split into four, and the scopes will render to the left of the screen.

Christian
  • Just purchased qp Grade Assistant and it doesn't seem to be working.  When I apply the effect to the adjustment layer, the comp just goes black.  I've tried using the plugin in CS6 and CC, and I'm using the 64 bit version.
  • Just purchased qp Grade Assistant and it doesn't seem to be working.  When I apply the effect to the adjustment layer, the comp just goes black.  I've tried using the plugin in CS6 and CC, and I'm using the 64 bit version.
    Hi Jordan,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Can you post a screen grab of your AE, showing how you have your layers set up? Can you also try applying qp Grade Assistant directly to your footage layer? If you don't have a footage layer (i.e. just an adjustment layer) then the plugin won't output anything, since there's nothing to adjust.

Christian
  • I've attached a screen grab.  Tried applying effect to the footage directly with the same result.  Goes to the background color of the comp.
    Screen Grab.png
    1320 x 817 - 133K
  • Jordan, PM sent.