• imageDresser

Layer Styles the Easy Way Dresser is the tool for editing applying and saving Layer Styles in After Effects. It will help you save more than 50% of your time when working with Layer Styles, by reducing a ton of clicks. And with it's built-in Preset Browser it will make it easy for you to save and acces your pre-made styles with customisable thumbnails.

https://aescripts.com/dresser/

• The window is blank when opened from After Effect not working at all
  • Thanks! Apparently the trial version was still an old beta version that was not updated properly on the backend. A working version 1.0.2 should be downloadable now. 
  • Is it possible to add multiple layer styles?
    For example, multiple strokes, multiple shadows
  • Hi latop Peter:

Is it possible to add multiple layer styles?
    For example, multiple strokes, multiple shadows
    No. Whereas in Photoshop it is possible for certain styles (e.g. Stroke) to add multiple versions. After Effects only supports one of each style per layer. You can however combine all the 10 styles together for certain effects. Or for instance use Inner Shadow or Outer Shadow to ‘fake a stroke’ by setting Choke to 100%
  • Some people are experiencing some issues, mainly on Windows where the Free Preset Packages are not allowed to be downloaded in a certain folder. Make sure you choose a folder that is not protected in some way. 
    The default folder for User Presets in Documents/Adobe/After Effects 2023/User Presets/ is your best bet! 
    Still Experiencing issues? Make sure you checkout the manual: https://berendvaneerde.notion.site/Dresser-be2caa4b71544fccbe3feb22ecbefef7
  • If i work with other people who doesn't have this extension it will affect the project of after effects when i send it to them?? Thank youu!
  • If i work with other people who doesn't have this extension it will affect the project of after effects when i send it to them?? Thank youu!
    Hi Manuel,

You can share your project file without any problems with others. Dresser works with the natively supported Layer Styles in After Effects and therefore people can just open the project and use and adjust Layer Styles in the native way. 
  • Can i used it for multiple layers. By the way, I am seeking for best apps that can help me do my homework faster, and while doing so, I discovered this website https://ausdroid.net/news/other-content/2023/01/31/5-best-apps-that-can-help-do-your-homework-faster-in-2023/  here I found an app that helps you with your homework and this will also help you do your assignments on time.
  • Can i used it for multiple layers.
    yes you can! Check the manual at https://dresser.moveit.media for more info
  • I've been using this extension for a couple days and is great, i have to update my after effects from 2021 to 2023 but i've been thinking about doing that for a while. 
    Its awesome, because layer styles are a great plus, esepcially when you wanna change the final visual style of the image, and with this tool the configurations are really easy to get to. My only complain for now it's that when you wanna change the values, for example the distance of the drop shadow and you wanna see changes with the shift button press on (so it changes in 10 pixeles, like after effects do) it works great the first time, but if you press it again it goes straight to the value 3000, the extreme of the value. And the same happends if you go the other way and decrease the value.
    I think that must be a glitch that can be solved in future updates.
    But the extension is awesome!! Congrats.
    Maybe you could have a place to download and share more preset styles!

• I've been using this extension for a couple days and is great, i have to update my after effects from 2021 to 2023 but i've been thinking about doing that for a while. 
    Its awesome, because layer styles are a great plus, esepcially when you wanna change the final visual style of the image, and with this tool the configurations are really easy to get to. My only complain for now it's that when you wanna change the values, for example the distance of the drop shadow and you wanna see changes with the shift button press on (so it changes in 10 pixeles, like after effects do) it works great the first time, but if you press it again it goes straight to the value 3000, the extreme of the value. And the same happends if you go the other way and decrease the value.
    I think that must be a glitch that can be solved in future updates.
    But the extension is awesome!! Congrats.
    Maybe you could have a place to download and share more preset styles!
    I'll definitely look into this in a future update. Thanks for the tips
  • Hi Berend, I downloaded the try version to test it, but when I install the .zxp extension with the aescript installer, it installs everything ok, but inside after effects nothing appears in the location where it should be. 
    I am using after effects cc 2020, there is no possibility that it is compatible with this version? thanks.
    Only available for 2022 or higher unfortunately. No plans to make it backwards compatible for now. 
  • Layer preset is not applied at all (mac, ae2024) 

same not working presets functions (ae2023)

• kk kk said:

Layer preset is not applied at all (mac, ae2024) 

same not working presets functions (ae2023)

Sorry to hear you are having trouble to apply presets. Please add a support ticket through the flyout menu of the panel so I can help you.
  • This is really useful and handy tool. The initial setup experience isn't the greatest though, so some issues with UX. Mine presets disappeared after some of the AE updates. Possibly after nuking my preferences. I've had bad experiences with tools that modify preferences in anyway (not sure if Dresser does). But it would be cool if this tool would be more persistant on keeping the peresets and data need to know where they are located etc, without the risk of it going blank

Beyond this, this is a really useful tool. If you don't use layer styles, this is the way to go as this gives easy access to those.
  • Hi Miika, Thanks for your comment. Happy to hear you are having a good time styling. I would love to get your feedback on the UX issues. You can mail them to [email protected] 

Indeed Dresser stores and fetches the location of your presets from the preference file. This is in my opinion the most elegant way as it will update when you import preferences from previous versions of After Effects so you actually won't lose them. As Dresser will otherwise loose them anyway when you install it a new. Mind that when you store your custom presets in the User Presets folder of your current After Effects version and delete that folder you will also loose your custom presets from your computer. So storing them in the User Presets is not always the most persistent way across versions. 
    This is really useful and handy tool. The initial setup experience isn't the greatest though, so some issues with UX. Mine presets disappeared after some of the AE updates. Possibly after nuking my preferences. I've had bad experiences with tools that modify preferences in anyway (not sure if Dresser does). But it would be cool if this tool would be more persistant on keeping the peresets and data need to know where they are located etc, without the risk of it going blank

Beyond this, this is a really useful tool. If you don't use layer styles, this is the way to go as this gives easy access to those.

• i have this error : ENOEENT NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY, MKDIR
  • Hi Esteban, please open a support ticket instead: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=2052 ;
    This way I can help you better.
    i have this error : ENOEENT NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY, MKDIR

• Tried the trial but I just get ENOEENT NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY, MKDIR
  • Tried the trial but I just get ENOEENT NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY, MKDIR
    Hi Lachlan. Please open a support ticket if you have issues with the panel. That way I can help you at my best. 

Also there is now a section in the FAQ at https://dresser.moveit.media to address this known issue.
  • Hi, I downloaded the trial version, installed it but the plugin itself doesnt open. :/
  • Please use a support ticket for troubleshooting issues. 
    Hi, I downloaded the trial version, installed it but the plugin itself doesnt open. :/
    Some people are experiencing issues with the panel not opening because of playerDugMode settings of After Effects 2024 on windows. This issue needs some custom setting on specific machines. It is adressed in the FAQ of https://dresser.moveit.media. Please let me know if it works out for you.