Plexus 2.0.5 OBJ container only "half full"
  • Hi - I'm testing the demo of Plexus 2.0.5 and want to use extruded text as a container for (example) a cube primitive.

It seems however I create the container, i.e either importing an OBJ, using another Plexus text layer as an instance, or even converting the text to AE AE masks and using Plexus Paths as an instance, only the approximately half of the letters are filled.

E.g if container was word 'news' then only 'ne' are filled and the cube appears unconstrained in other areas. If I make another word e.g "Welcome" then
    "Wel" and some of the 'c' are filled, the remainder of the word missed off.

Swapping the container to sphere or cube (instead of instance) works as expected, and importing a simple OBJ like a cube also seems to work ok.
    Is there a vertex limit or similar on OBJ's as containers, and even so how does this account for same result when using text or paths?

Any ideas?

• Hard to say what the issue is here. There is no reason why it would only work on half the text.  I would check the imported OBJ to make sure it is complete and not corrupted as this could also make for unexpected results.
  • However I get the same issue if I use a Plexus text layer as an instance, i.e. not using an imported OBJ?
  • Can you contact support regarding this issue and provide a project that shows this problem?  That will make it much easier for us to determine what the issue it.  The project does not need any footage, just the .aep