AI Color Match
  • Any way to export matched color to a Lumetri preset or a LUT? Thanks.
  • Is there a way to set limits on the matching to help preserve the technical fidelity of the footage after the match?  For example, a way to tell it "Hey, match this shot, but don't crush the blacks beyond x lumens", etc.  It seems like such a cool and useful tool, but I worry about the ability to do secondary corrections on the footage or pass QC upon delivery after the color transforms have been applied by the plugin.
  • Any way to export matched color to a Lumetri preset or a LUT? Thanks.
    We are working on that feature :)
  • Is there a way to set limits on the matching to help preserve the technical fidelity of the footage after the match?  For example, a way to tell it "Hey, match this shot, but don't crush the blacks beyond x lumens", etc.  It seems like such a cool and useful tool, but I worry about the ability to do secondary corrections on the footage or pass QC upon delivery after the color transforms have been applied by the plugin.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Not at the moment, but we will look into it. I'm curious tho as does working in 32bpc solves the issue?
  • It was the same in previous versions as well.
    If you use After Effects v22 on M1 Mac, you will not be able to close it properly.
    Please fix this bug

usage environment
    M1 iMac
    macOS Monterey 12.6.9
    After Effects v22
  • It was the same in previous versions as well.
    If you use After Effects v22 on M1 Mac, you will not be able to close it properly.
    Please fix this bug

usage environment
    M1 iMac
    macOS Monterey 12.6.9
    After Effects v22
    Hi!

Sorry you are having this bug. It does not happen on our Apple Silicon machines, so it's likely something going wrong with your specific installation. If you could please open an aescripts support ticket, I'd be happy to help you further there. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Thanks,
    Jonah
  • Does one purchase include the After Effects and Premiere versions or do they need to be bought separately?
  • Does one purchase include the After Effects and Premiere versions or do they need to be bought separately?
    Each purchase includes both!
  • Hey, I downloaded the plugin and I love the results so far. The only problem is, that I've got some other plugins which are forcing me to use Rosetta to launch After Effects. Is there a way to get it working that way? :)

EDIT: Another big bummer for me is, that I also have to constantly reinstall the plugin and generate the color match on every single clip again.
    Which is extremly annoying with over a 100clips that need to be matched again and again.

The error is: Old companion detected. Plese re-run the AI Color Match installer.

-> Already submitted a ticket because of the bug. It's currently unuseable since I have to reinstall it after using it on 3 clips and then I am forced to re-run everything since I am way to far into the project to switch now.
  • Suggestion:
    It would be nice it you could have a slider from 0-100% which applies a percentage of the effect to the clip.
  • Ai color match crashes everytime if you use Colorista to neutralise your shots before applying Ai color match.

Update:
    Actualy it just crashes randomly for no reason, unusable...  will have to do more test on why it keeps crashing

using GPU RTX 3090 ti

Might have to do with using freeze frame or different FPS in project
  • This is so unusable atm. It faces an error every time I try to render and it makes the project extremely heavy. 
  • Why is it so hard? When I use it, Premier doesn't work anymore, it makes the system heavy
    i have good system, 12700h 3070ti
  • hello. I am a user who is utilizing your plugin very well. Sometimes it doesn't work due to unknown bugs and I have to restart it to make it work, but it is a good plugin that I can't find anywhere else. However, when rendering resolutions above 4k, the rendering time is long, so it would be great to have the ability to create a LUT. Do you have any idea when the ability to create a LUT will be available?
  • AE (2024) crashes every time I apply on a layer. I guess its a half baked plugin. Not recommended.
  • AE (2024) crashes every time I apply on a layer. I guess its a half baked plugin. Not recommended.
    Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear it's not working for you. If you'd like, you can open a support ticket on aescripts and I'd be happy to help get it fixed.

Thanks!
    Jonah
  • hello. I am a user who is utilizing your plugin very well. Sometimes it doesn't work due to unknown bugs and I have to restart it to make it work, but it is a good plugin that I can't find anywhere else. However, when rendering resolutions above 4k, the rendering time is long, so it would be great to have the ability to create a LUT. Do you have any idea when the ability to create a LUT will be available?
    Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue - however, I have good news! The render time is significantly improved in today's release (v1.2), which also includes some general bug fixes. I suggest updating and seeing how that works for you.

Thanks!
    Jonah
  • Why is it so hard? When I use it, Premier doesn't work anymore, it makes the system heavy
    i have good system, 12700h 3070ti
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. It certainly can slow down Premiere, but with today's update (v1.2) it should be significantly (up to 20x!) faster. I suggest updating and seeing if that improves things.

If you're still having problems, feel free to open a support ticket on aescripts and I can further help you there.

Thanks!
    Jonah
  • tae kim said:
    This is so unusable atm. It faces an error every time I try to render and it makes the project extremely heavy. 
    Hi there!

Today's update (v1.2) includes significant performance improvements and some bug fixes. Please update and see if that helps things.

If you're still experiencing errors or sluggishness, please open an aescripts support ticket and I'd be happy to help you there.

Thanks!
    Jonah
  • Ai color match crashes everytime if you use Colorista to neutralise your shots before applying Ai color match.

Update:
    Actualy it just crashes randomly for no reason, unusable...  will have to do more test on why it keeps crashing

using GPU RTX 3090 ti

Might have to do with using freeze frame or different FPS in project
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this instability! It sounds like a bug. I suggest you try updating to today's version (v1.2) which should be more stable. If you are still experiencing problems after that, you can open an aescripts support ticket and I can further help you there.

Thanks!
    Jonah
  • Suggestion:
    It would be nice it you could have a slider from 0-100% which applies a percentage of the effect to the clip.
    This was added in today's release (v1.2)! Enjoy!

Jonah
  • I've been using this in After Effects. It's just awesome. It will save me an INSANE amount of time. Please keep developing stuff like this. Thanks.
  • Dude it never works - literally ONCE this plugin has done what I asked of it. Buggy AF. Win11 AE23.
  • I only just started using this plug-in, but I've been really impressed by the results I'm getting thus far.  It's proving to be a very time-saving tool.   The one thing it leaves me wanting is a bit more user participation in the process.  Ai, as tool, shouldn't remove the user/artist from the process entirely, but rather partner with them towards a better result.  I suppose the point-and-shoot ease of the plug-ins functionality is a selling point to some, but I, personally and professionally, like to participate and understand the process.  So... I'd like to see more advanced options (targeting values in individual channels, or in the shadows, midtones & highlights) as well as displaying the details of the operations the plugin is performing to the image.  Additionally, the ability to export color profiles for those instances in which the plugin isn't providing consistent results across a sequence of shots/images.  Overall... a tool like this is amazing, and will save us a lot of time, but I don't want to rely on a wizard I cannot see to the do the job 100% of time.  I want to understand the tool, so i can utilize it smartly and procedurally towards the best results... both for me and my clients.
  • Doesn't work in PR 2022, red clips, can not render clip after match the color. AE works fine.
  • Dude it never works - literally ONCE this plugin has done what I asked of it. Buggy AF. Win11 AE23.
    Hi there,

Sorry it hasn't been working for you! I would be happy to help debug it if you'd like. If you open a support ticket on aescripts, we can talk more there.

Thanks,
    Jonah
  • long wang said:
    Doesn't work in PR 2022, red clips, can not render clip after match the color. AE works fine.
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear it isn't working! I'd be happy to help. Can you open a support ticket on aescripts? I can help you further there.

Thanks,
    Jonah
  • Can I install and use it on a computer that is offline? We cannot use external networks for security reasons.
  • Can I install and use it on a computer that is offline? We cannot use external networks for security reasons.
    Hi! Yes, the plugin works offline. It does not require any connection except for entering your license. But I believe aescripts offers an offline license activation. Please open a support ticket and I will forward your request.

• pro version 200 bugs... comments are on the "it is to buggy" side of things... 
    i think, this is interesting, but ill pass on the behalf of "unfinished" and "too pricey" for me.

the next tool that comes up will be there soon, i´ll bet!
  • hi
    i just installed normal version.
    First effect open. 
    Second press the 'Match here' button.
    and then error message opened (Code: 512)

what is this code?
    can I fix it?

• pro version 200 bugs... comments are on the "it is to buggy" side of things... 
    i think, this is interesting, but ill pass on the behalf of "unfinished" and "too pricey" for me.

the next tool that comes up will be there soon, i´ll bet!
    Hi there,

If you are having any bugs, please open a support ticket on aescripts, and we'd be happy to help you there! The plugin almost always works right away but sometimes it has a bug or two on some computers, we're usually able to resolve them quickly though :)

Thanks,
    Jonah
  • hi
    i just installed normal version.
    First effect open. 
    Second press the 'Match here' button.
    and then error message opened (Code: 512)

what is this code?
    can I fix it?

Can you please open a support ticket on aescripts? I can help you more there.