• I am almost always skeptical of these AI tools inside of the AE ever since I tried out the very expensive "Depth Scanner" from another author on aescripts. That plugin made my computer catch on fire.

So When I saw this plugin used basically the same idea with AI, I got my fire extinguisher ready. 

Surprisingly, this plugin works really really well! Alot better than that other plugin that I mentioned. It is incredibly fast, and gives you pretty good results. 
  • I am almost always skeptical of these AI tools inside of the AE ever since I tried out the very expensive "Depth Scanner" from another author on aescripts. That plugin made my computer catch on fire.

So When I saw this plugin used basically the same idea with AI, I got my fire extinguisher ready. 

Surprisingly, this plugin works really really well! Alot better than that other plugin that I mentioned. It is incredibly fast, and gives you pretty good results. 
    Glad you like it! :)
  • Both this and Quick Matt crash after effects every time I try it on PC.

Tried AE 2022, 2023, 2024.....

Tried MANY times, only crashes.

• It's a really good plugin. But does it support multiframe rendering?
  • Both this and Quick Matt crash after effects every time I try it on PC.

Tried AE 2022, 2023, 2024.....

Tried MANY times, only crashes.

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • It's a really good plugin. But does it support multiframe rendering?
    Hi! It doesn't currently support MFR, we may add it in a future release. However, it does utilize all the cores of your GPU or CPU per-frame to maximize performance, so MFR wouldn't likely provide a significant speed boost anyway.

Jonah
  • Thanks for the answer. I was wondering if MFR would slow things down more because of the warnings that come up when it's turned on, rather than because it speeds things up. I was wondering if it would be worth the hassle to turn MFR off every time I use the plugin. You're saying that there's no difference in rendering speed between having MFR on and off, right?
  • I just bought the plug-in but I can't download the file. When I try to download it, I get this error message: "An error occurred while getting the requested content. Please contact the store owner."

Problem solved Nov 1st 2023.
  • Thanks for the answer. I was wondering if MFR would slow things down more because of the warnings that come up when it's turned on, rather than because it speeds things up. I was wondering if it would be worth the hassle to turn MFR off every time I use the plugin. You're saying that there's no difference in rendering speed between having MFR on and off, right?
    Yes, right now having MFR on and off will be no different. Since it doesn't currently support MFR, AE will just disable MFR for any renders involving it. 

If we do add it in the future, it would only make it faster, not slower, but it would likely only be marginally faster.

Jonah
  • I have applied the effect but nothing happens, tried adding a camera no control - using Sonoma + AE 2024 any chance of a tutorial ?
  • I have applied the effect but nothing happens, tried adding a camera no control - using Sonoma + AE 2024 any chance of a tutorial ?
    Hi!

This sounds like a bug. I'd be happy to help you with it - I saw you opened a support ticket already, I will continue to help you there.

Thanks,
    Jonah
  • Hi!

I am using AE2022 to 2024 in windows 10.
    No problems when using it, but crashes when exiting Aftereffects.

Once you launch the "Quick Depth" plug-in,
    It crashes at the end of the Aftereffects work when it is time to close.

If the "Quick Depth" plug-in is removed from the plug-ins folder when working, the crash does not occur.

Any good advice would be appreciated,
    Thank you in advance.

• yuki saki said:
    Hi!

I am using AE2022 to 2024 in windows 10.
    No problems when using it, but crashes when exiting Aftereffects.

Once you launch the "Quick Depth" plug-in,
    It crashes at the end of the Aftereffects work when it is time to close.

If the "Quick Depth" plug-in is removed from the plug-ins folder when working, the crash does not occur.

Any good advice would be appreciated,
    Thank you in advance.

Hi there!

Sorry about that. I'd be happy to help you if you open a support ticket on aescripts; we can continue talking there.

Thanks!
    Jonah
  • After effects automatically crashes when I use the Rotoscope brush.