Quick Depth 2
  • is it free update for quick depth 1 users? I bought the previous plugin as soon as it came out and I know it's been out for less than 3 months.
  • is it free update for quick depth 1 users? I bought the previous plugin as soon as it came out and I know it's been out for less than 3 months.
    I’m wondering the same thing.  I bought Quick Depth and Quick Matte 1 when they were released, which wasn’t very long ago.  I don’t see v2 listed in my downloads, and there doesn’t seem to be a discount price available for upgrades either.
  • I've never seen this kind of business before. The old BSKL plugin has a bug in the update, and when I open a ticket, I don't get any reply, but I'm going to get paid again for a plugin that came out in end of 2023 October. Please make sure to update existing users properly.
  • I bought Quick Depth and Quick Matte two days ago!
  • I bought Quick Depth and Quick Matte two days ago!
    Hi! A few things to clarify:

- Users who bought Quick Depth in 2024 can upgrade for free. Please allow us 24h while we fix this dynamic pricing, as this is not implemented right now.

- For earlier V1 purchases (2023), the upgrade is $9, which is in fact $1 less than the difference between the price of V1 and the price of V2, we are only charging for the price difference.

- V1 users: you can still use the plugin. You have a permanent license that let you use Quick Depth V1 as long as you want. There is no obligation to upgrade
  • I've never seen this kind of business before. The old BSKL plugin has a bug in the update, and when I open a ticket, I don't get any reply, but I'm going to get paid again for a plugin that came out in end of 2023 October. Please make sure to update existing users properly.
    Hi!
    We answer every ticket, so i'll make sure that we received yours. I am sorry if you didn't get any response yet, let me check.

A few things to clarify:

- Users who bought Quick Depth in 2024 can upgrade for free. Please allow us 24h while we fix this dynamic pricing, as this is not implemented right now.

- For earlier V1 purchases (2023), the upgrade is $9, which is in fact $1 less than the difference between the price of V1 and the price of V2, we are only charging for the price difference.

- V1 users: you can still use the plugin. You have a permanent license that let you use Quick Depth V1 as long as you want. There is no obligation to upgrade

I’m wondering the same thing.  I bought Quick Depth and Quick Matte 1 when they were released, which wasn’t very long ago.  I don’t see v2 listed in my downloads, and there doesn’t seem to be a discount price available for upgrades either.

• What is the significant difference between version 1 and 2? .The product description doesn't even say what's changed. Why change the version by increasing the price when you can just update from the original 1 (it's only been out for 4 months)? I used to buy BSKL products when they came out and loved them, but why this pricing policy? Is the next update going to be quick depth3 in 3 months? If you want me to pay 9 dollars more for every update, just run a subscription.
  • What is the significant difference between version 1 and 2? .The product description doesn't even say what's changed. Why change the version by increasing the price when you can just update from the original 1 (it's only been out for 4 months)? I used to buy BSKL products when they came out and loved them, but why this pricing policy? Is the next update going to be quick depth3 in 3 months? If you want me to pay 9 dollars more for every update, just run a subscription.
    Hi there,

Quick Depth 2 includes a new model that produces much higher quality results than the original one. I've updated the product page to make this clear, sorry it wasn't laid out before.

The main reason for the version change is to cover the costs of implementing this new model. We tried to be fair with the $0 or $9 upgrade pricing, and again Quick Depth 1 will still work and can be downloaded via your dashboard on aescripts.

It's unlikely there will be a significant enough improvement in depth models to warrant a v3 in the near future, so I imagine we'll stay on v2.x for a while, but again we'll keep the upgrade pricing low whenever we do a major version change.

If you have any more questions, please reach out via an aescripts support ticket or on our Discord!

Jonah
  • Hi! I can't confirm from the info available. 
    Is this compatible with macos?
  • Hi! I can't confirm from the info available. 
    Is this compatible with macos?
    Yes! It is. You can download a free trial with the green TRY button at the top of this page.
  • I need help here, the plug-in works like a charm but won’t render in AME. Waited 9 hours for a 10 sec animation (quick depth 2 and lens blur). I am on Mac Studio with M2 Ultra. Thx.
  • The latest version I've installed keeps crashing. Using it on a studio Mac Pro machine within AE 2023 and 2024. As soon as you drop the effect on a clip, it starts to calculate and crashes at the end before anything happens. Tried to reinstall it a few times now and even put it on a different machine. All the same.