Monoline Text
  • On Windows 7 64-bit, AE CS6 and script version 0.1.6, receiving error, "Unable to execute script at line 347. Invalid image data".

• Hi Chris,
    it sounds like the script can't create the icons or the icons don't get created right.
    Can you check 3 things:
    1. Do scripts have read write access in your After Effects?
      see this article in the After Effetcs
      help.
    2. Can you take a look into the folder where the script is. Are there some icons called "xxxiconfilesxxx1.png"?
    3. Does your accout have administrative rights? Like installing applications?

Did you open the script in some kind of editor? 

I need to create a fallback for the iconfiles. This will be the aim of the next update

Thanks for the report
    Cheers
    Fabian
  • Another question. Did you download version 0.1.5 as well and if so, did it work?
  • Fabian,

Thanks for the quick response. To answer your last question first:

I received the same error with 0.1.5, but a different line of code was referenced. I'm sorry I don't remember the line number, but I opened the file in the Adobe ExtendScript editor and I believe it was the same line of code.

The other questions:

1. Yes

2. No, I don't see any icons called "xxxiconfilesxxx1.png".

3. Yes and you just gave me the idea to try running After Effects elevated (right-click and click "Run as administrator"). That worked! I hope this helps.

Chris

• Hi Chris,

I received the same error with 0.1.5, but a different line of code was referenced. I'm sorry I don't remember the line number, but I opened the file in the Adobe ExtendScript editor and I believe it was the same line of code.

Don't worry. I think I already know where the problem comes from. Also the code changed. So it will be another line number but the same piece of code.

The other questions:

1. Yes
    Okay. This is still a problem on your setup.

2. No, I don't see any icons called "xxxiconfilesxxx1.png".

Good. I thought maybe he created the icons and didn't delete thema again.

3. Yes and you just gave me the idea to try running After Effects elevated (right-click and click "Run as administrator"). That worked! I hope this helps.

This is the problem. Even when You give scripts the right to access the network and write files, your AE seems not to have that right. The script creates some icons as .png next to itself on startup. Then it reads them to create the GUI and deletes them again. Thats why the script crashes for you.

For the moment you can run the script as admin. I need to think of a good solution.
    As I said. Next update will be with icon fallback.

Thanks for the report and have a nice sunday.
    Cheers
    Fabian

• Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but what is the simplest way to make text write on (like the beginning of your video) while using the tool. Is the animation created by the tool? Do I add trim paths to shapes manually? Use masks? Thanks.
  • I just purchased this script and it will not run - error line ### - unless AE is running elevated to admin. Means I have to switch all my cache folders. Makes me uncomfortable to do this. I am running CC2018 on W10. Can you please advise?
  • Hi Justin, yes you shouldn't run script with elevated access. The script needs permission to write to disk to generate is icons. Does your AE allow this? You can find this setting in the general preferences. Your can also activate the JavaScript debugger there. Maybe this gives us more information where this write cones from. I currently have no windows computer at hand to replicate this and never heard of this bug.
  • I just purchased this script and it will not run - error line ### - unless AE is running elevated to admin. Means I have to switch all my cache folders. Makes me uncomfortable to do this. I am running CC2018 on W10. Can you please advise?
    Fixed that error. Looks like the "Script UI Panels" folder has now different permissions. Icon files are now written to the default temp folder in the system. Which is a way better behaviour. Thanks for the bug report! Happy clicking monolines.