• imageStipple

Image Stippling in After Effects. Very excited to announce Stipple, our upcoming new plug-in for Adobe After Effects. It lets AE users create temporally coherent Image Stippling patterns driven by footage using a physics simulation. It's a lot of fun! 

https://aescripts.com/stipple/

• really loving this plugin, sooo gooood & sooo fast.
    but for me it only seems to work with square aspect ratio images,, is that normal?
    also is there scene files available for those demos examples?
  • really loving this plugin, sooo gooood & sooo fast.
    but for me it only seems to work with square aspect ratio images,, is that normal?
    also is there scene files available for those demos examples?
    Glad you're enjoying it.
    Non Square Aspect Ratio Image - This is fixed in v1.0.1.
    Currently, there are no project files - but we will look into packaging a demo project file (Distributing Footage is an issue due to copyright)

Update: v1.0.1 fixes issue with Non-square aspect ratio images.

Rowbyte Support
  • Looks great. I'm going to try it out.
  • This is a really cool plugin, but can you please make more guided videos to create what you've shown in the demo? I have a lot of questions about how you did it.
  • I have been eagerly waiting for this plugin, it is really very successful, congratulations. The interface and use is very simple. The tutorials explain very well how to use the plugin. I can use it easily.
    However, this plugin should not be limited to these. We should be able to do more complex projects, so please keep developing the plugin.

So, can I only use images with white backgrounds? When I want to use images with different colors, unfortunately the plugin doesn't give the desired effect. Is there anything extra we need to do?
  • I have been eagerly waiting for this plugin, it is really very successful, congratulations. The interface and use is very simple. The tutorials explain very well how to use the plugin. I can use it easily.
    However, this plugin should not be limited to these. We should be able to do more complex projects, so please keep developing the plugin.

So, can I only use images with white backgrounds? When I want to use images with different colors, unfortunately the plugin doesn't give the desired effect. Is there anything extra we need to do?
    Stipple movements are driven by the luminance of the underlying footage. The points cluster in the darker regions of the image. You can invert the source image to get the opposite effect or adjust the brightness/contrast if needed to tweak the luminance. You can get the colors from the source footage by setting the Color Mode. Please watch the intro tutorials for more detailed overview.

• This is a really cool plugin, but can you please make more guided videos to create what you've shown in the demo? I have a lot of questions about how you did it.
    We'll try to package a project file. 

• I bought it and I love it. How can I create the effect in your promotional video? The effect at second 10s - 12s. Please show me the exact settings. Thank you very much. 

• It only took me 30 minutes.

• It only took me 30 minutes.

Thanks for sharing it! Looks great!

• I bought it and I love it. How can I create the effect in your promotional video? The effect at second 10s - 12s. Please show me the exact settings. Thank you very much. 

Here's the project file
  • We have packaged a few sample projects from the demo (not everything since we cannot distribute source footage). You can download them here.

• Sooo gooood this plugin! thank you! One question: is there any possibility to get rid of the leftovers / points who did not geto to the map-layer? Thank you.
  • Sooo gooood this plugin! thank you! One question: is there any possibility to get rid of the leftovers / points who did not geto to the map-layer? Thank you.
    Yes, you can increase the "Image Repel Force". See this tutorial (around 02:00)

• Is there a method to reference to time-sample a random frame of a composition which houses the Custom Sprite layer? I'd like some randomness to the custom sprites rather than them all looking the same.
  • Is there a method to reference to time-sample a random frame of a composition which houses the Custom Sprite layer? I'd like some randomness to the custom sprites rather than them all looking the same.
    Currently, it's not possible - but it's very high priority feature request to randomize sprites.
  • Hello Rowbyte. I am very interested in your new plugin. I need something similar to your promotion video from second 0:17 to 0:20. It won't work with just the black and white layer. 

How did you do that? 

Many thanks and best regards
    Harri
  • Hello Rowbyte. I am very interested in your new plugin. I need something similar to your promotion video from second 0:17 to 0:20. It won't work with just the black and white layer. 

How did you do that? 

Harri
    Everything in the promo was created using the Stipple plugin. Please download the free trial by clicking on the green TRY button and test it yourself before purchasing: https://aescripts.com/stipple

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

How did you do that? 

Harri
    You can get in touch with the artist directly. 

Hope that helps.

• ThankĀ“s a lot!
    Hello Rowbyte. I am very interested in your new plugin. I need something similar to your promotion video from second 0:17 to 0:20. It won't work with just the black and white layer. 

How did you do that? 

Harri
    You can get in touch with the artist directly. 

Hope that helps.