Leem's Animation Tools
  • Is there a way to just purchase one of these tools? I rather like Auto Orient but I don't have much use for the others.
  • Hey Jack, currently that's not available but I'll see if I can sort something out and get back to you asap. Cheers!
  • Really greats tools! Thank-you.
  • If I buy these tools, can I install them on multiple computers? I work with two computers at home and I would like to install it on them both.
  • Jack - I've looked into it but unfortunately at this time I won't be selling the scripts individually. Sorry about that.

Lindsay - Thanks, my pleasure : )

Kasper - Yes, the license will work for both of your computers. Cheers!
  • Hey Liam,
    Thanks for the cool scripts, I'm running into an issue with the sprite swapper though. Its seems like I can only have 2 instances of it in a composition on separate layers (though I could be wrong on this). Whenever I add a third instance of the script the slider wont animate the keyframes properly?

Example:
    [Main Comp]
    -[Character 1 Precomp] // Sprite Swapper Works
    --[12 Layers/Sprites]
    -[Character 2 Precomp] // Sprite Swapper Works
    --[12 Layers/Sprites]
    -[Character 3 Precomp] // Sprite Swapper Wont animate between Keyframes
    --[12 Layers/Sprites]
    [/Main Comp]

Is this something known? Or is it likely to be something up with my After Effects? (it's known to do strange things...)

Thanks man!
  • Hey Mike, assuming you're on cs3 or later, the only reasons I can think of that would cause this behaviour are:

- 2 of your pre-comps are the same comp (project item) copy-pasted as different layers in your main comp. Sprite Swapper applies expressions to the 'sprites' within the pre-comps, and therefore the pre-comps would need to be duplicated (ctrl+d on the project item) to be controlled by different sliders.

- A naming conflict with the sliders, if they are hosted on the same layer.

If neither of these is the case, I'd be happy to take a look at your project, or a simplified version that has the same problem. I can't recreate it at my end, unfortunately (or fortunately, I guess =p )

Cheers,
    Liam
  • Hey Liam,
    Thanks for getting back, I've used a precomp workaround for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was my after effects to blame, because something as simple as a loopOut() on a time remap causes weird things to *sometimes* happen. 
    I will let you know if I can recreate it and mail you steps to recreate it.
    Thanks anyway, this is a massive time saver!
    Mike
  • Will there be an update for After Effects CC relatively soon (or at all)? I tried to run these tools on the new version but it tells me "Unable to execute script at line 1. After Effects error: The section name and key (Label Preference Text Section 5, Label Text ID 2 # 1) could not be found in the preferences" and the PintoParent tool's "Make Null Controllers" button no longer shows up.

Love these scripts, dying to be able to use them again. Thanks!
  • Cheers Abraham, and don't worry I'll be updating to be CC compatible soon. Thanks for bringing those problems to my attention!
  • Hey Liam,

With Parent to Null, the null's it produces end up offset from the puppet mesh (in this case, an arm). Just wondering why that is. I had it a child of the body initially, but then I unparented it and still get the same thing.
  • Hey Nately,

Is your arm layer a pre-comp by any chance? If so, I've encountered that problem and I'm looking into a workaround. If it's not a pre-comp, would you mind giving me a few more details about your situation, or send me the project (or screenshots maybe)?

Cheers
  • Not a pre-comp. It's an AI layer with continuously rasterize on. I just turned cont' rast' off and it seems to work. So it doesn't work on pre-comps, or continuously rasterized layers, including shape layers (I just tried that out). Should be able to manage, but it's gonna require workarounds if I zoom in.
  • Ah, sorry I meant to say a cont' rast' pre-comp. The rasterizing is what causes the transform offsets, and therefore the null offsets, so I'll look into a solution. Thanks for letting me know!
  • It seems that when I run the script on a 3D layer it messes it up... any workarounds besides pre-composing? I really don't want to precompose in this instance.
    Thanks!

EDIT: I just realized that when I turn the null objects 3D everything seems to be fine! Thanks for this great script!
    Tom
  • Hi Thomas, glad you found a solution - I just logged on to suggest the same. I had planned a quick update to automatically create 3D nulls for a 3D puppet layer, to avoid the issue in the first place, however I've instead focused on an entire rewrite of all the tools, which will be released very soon!

Cheers :)
    Liam