• Hello Tom,

Thanks for reporting.

First of all, we know there are several new issues using colorLibrary with AE CC 2014. We haven't had time to check them, so we apologize for the inconvenience. "Cannot display color" error is causing new problems in CC 2014, but in previous versions it was usually solved doing the following:

1) Open colorLibrary. You will get the error message and press "OK". Then press "Clear" and "Get colors" to refresh color swatches. Close colorLibrary panel and open it again to check if it has worked.

2) If method 1 didn't work, you will have to clear AE Preferences. Press Alt/Opt+Cmd+Shift inmediatelly after launching AE or by deleting your Preferences file, located at Users/Your User/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/After Effects/12.x/Adobe After Effects 12.x Prefs.txt on Windows or ~/Library/Preferences on Mac. We recommend to reset it after launching better than deleting the file itself. These will delete ALL your preferences.

Please, if none of them are working for you, tell us so. Other users are having this error, so we will try to solve it asap.

Second, "Solid Settings" window going grey is a known issue in AE CC. We got a workaround for it, so users can create a Solid using colorLibrary. Just Alt+click on a color to create a Solid and a panel will help you with this. There are other known issues and F.A.Q. under the "Description" tab in colorLibrary website.

The error you report when pressing the 'EYE' button is a new one. If panel clears colors, it means it is trying to work, but cannot show the panel. We will check this one too.

We will try to go over all this problems asap, but we ask for patience since we are really busy with several problems. Anyway, we will try to check all of them during this week.

And please, for this kind of error, we prefer users to create a support ticket. This way we can give better support.
  • Hello Paul,

I apologize because I haven't been able to check new AE CC 2014 version as I told you I was going to do. I will do it during this week. I know there a lot of new problems and colorLibrary needs to update. My priority is to solve all the problems and later add new features. Some of them are already developed, but i will need more time for major improvements.

Thanks.
  • Hi Eduardo,

Sorry - I should have raised a support ticket, I was a bit confused as to whether that was for AEScripts general or specific scripts - I know for next time!

Deleting the preferences seems to have done the trick for me, will raise a ticket if I have any more probs.

Great script by the way and many thanks for your quick reply
  • For a quicker response to issues it's always better and faster to open a support ticket and include screenshots and as many details as possible for us to best be able to help you.
  • Any updates for this - would be good to have it working again.
  • Hello Paul,

We know there are several issues affecting colorLibrary under AE CC 2014. We are working on solving them, but a new version will not be available in days. We want to make colorLibrary to be more stable and this will take us a few weeks. The idea is to develop a major upgrade, not just a patch.

Thanks.
  • Thanks - I'll look forward to it :)
  • Any update on how this is going?

Thanks.
  • Hello Paul,

Still on development. There are some improvements, but not a stable version ready.

Thanks.
  • OK thanks for the update.
  • Same question again ;) Any progress?

I'm still frustrated with Adobe's lack of decent colour panel/swatch options. If colourLibrary could do this more effectively, I'd be very happy :)
  • Hello Paul

There has been some progress, not a new versión yet, but it will be ready soon.

Thanks.
  • Still looking for a version that works with the current AE
  • Development of a new version is still in progress. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
  • This product was very useful to me until I updated my system and went to cc14. Now it's just uber buggy and I can't get the functionality to level out. Are you guys thinking this product will ever update?
  • I apologize again for the delay on the new version development. Last Adobe changes on AE has reduced colorLibrary capabilities and a major upgrade is neccesary. I have been verY busy during this last year but I can say a upgrade will be ready during this spring. Thanks for waiting.
  • I apologize again for the delay on the new version development. Last Adobe changes on AE has reduced colorLibrary capabilities and a major upgrade is neccesary. I have been verY busy during this last year but I can say a upgrade will be ready during this spring. Thanks for waiting.
    Any update on the update? Trial seemed ok but I didn't do much with hit and I'm nervous to buy it if it's not ready for CC 2015.
  • Noy yet, sorry. It works on AE CC 2015, but some functionalities aren't fully working.
  • I have facing a problem while saving ase and csv file. when i click on save ase or csv button then nothing happen. Please help me out regarding this issue. I will be very grateful of you. Thanks
  • Which AE and OS version are you running?
  • Any plans on upgrading this to work in AE CC 2015?  I just purchased this recently and it is not functioning properly.  I am having some issues creating new swatches, exporting and I am getting error messages saying "cannot display color, please contact developer."  Thanks!
  • Any news on CC 2015+ compatibility? I'd really like to use this more, but.. Thanks!
  • colorLibrary is currently discontinued and updates should not be expected. Please try alternative scripts on this website like Ray Dynamic Color.