• Hi, Christian. I've just found the source of the error and fixed it. Sorry for that, download the file again.
    Hi Nik

I just did, via the orders page. Still getting the error. Did you update both PC and MAC versions? I'm on a PC.
  • Still doesn't work unfortunately. Dropbox indicates that it's a new file now at least. 

I'm still getting the "Unable to execute script at line 78. Prefix is undefined". Then it I get an empty window with "Gridder" in the title field.

I'm taking every possible step to make sure it's the correct file being used :)

• Still doesn't work unfortunately. Dropbox indicates that it's a new file now at least. 

I'm still getting the "Unable to execute script at line 78. Prefix is undefined". Then it I get an empty window with "Gridder" in the title field.

I'm taking every possible step to make sure it's the correct file being used :)

Please open a support ticket for direct help on this issue.
  • Hi Nik,

I'm sorry, but I've been having a tough time getting it to work smoothly on my system.  The Rectangle mode kind of works, but if I have a 1920x1080 object, I can only space them out to 1000, which is overlapping.  I can try inserting the digits to higher numbers but nothing changes on the screen.  If I switch to 3D mode all the layers collapse on top of each other and the whole grid is gone.  I have to restart the script and sometimes the whole application to try it again.  The circle mode worked for a bit only if I scaled down a solid to 10%.  If I scaled them up, they would overlap each other and I'm not able to space them out as I'd like.  I also have the issue of typing in backwards numbering... 

I've gotten an error message that reads:  Unable to execute script at line 178.  Invalid numeric result (divide by zero?)

Perhaps, it's my Mac OS as I'm running on 10.7.5 which is getting pretty obsolete, these days, but I'm using CS6 and it runs fine, otherwise.  Any suggestions? 
  • Is the Y slider under the "Set Spacing" section broken for anyone else? It works if I type a number in there, but the slider does nothing. The other values seem to work ok. Am I missing something?
  • Also, the "Create" button for the circular mode just makes an empty null with no effect controls. I noticed it wasn't in the demo... is that not supposed to work?
  • Hi Nik,

I'm sorry, but I've been having a tough time getting it to work smoothly on my system.  The Rectangle mode kind of works, but if I have a 1920x1080 object, I can only space them out to 1000, which is overlapping.  I can try inserting the digits to higher numbers but nothing changes on the screen.  If I switch to 3D mode all the layers collapse on top of each other and the whole grid is gone.  I have to restart the script and sometimes the whole application to try it again.  The circle mode worked for a bit only if I scaled down a solid to 10%.  If I scaled them up, they would overlap each other and I'm not able to space them out as I'd like.  I also have the issue of typing in backwards numbering... 

I've gotten an error message that reads:  Unable to execute script at line 178.  Invalid numeric result (divide by zero?)

Perhaps, it's my Mac OS as I'm running on 10.7.5 which is getting pretty obsolete, these days, but I'm using CS6 and it runs fine, otherwise.  Any suggestions? 
    Hi, Neal! I will tray and add the ability to input any number and investigate into your problem

Is the Y slider under the "Set Spacing" section broken for anyone else? It works if I type a number in there, but the slider does nothing. The other values seem to work ok. Am I missing something?
    Also, the "Create" button for the circular mode just makes an empty null with no effect controls. I noticed it wasn't in the demo... is that not supposed to work?
    Hey, Brent! I will check on it later and notify you on update
  • Hi. Running Macbook Pro with Adobe CC. I can't get this to work at all. I am dropping 70 images as layers into a single composition, highlighting them all, going to Gridder and clicking create after playing with rows and columns - all I get is a null object and nothing else.
  • Was the duplicator mode function removed? I just have a ? in that place that tells me information about the script.
  • Hi !

Is this script is compatible with the CC 2015 version please?

It doesn't work right here  :(
  • Hi !

Is this script is compatible with the CC 2015 version please?

It doesn't work right here  :(
    Hi, Fabien. The script works in CC2015. Please describe your problem less vaguely. 
  • Numbers must be entered backwards on both PC CS6 and MAC CS6.
  • Great script. The only issue I am having is that when setting the angle for distribute radial it doesn't seem to allow fractions (22.5 etc.) I needed 7.5 degrees. 48 items into a 360. 
  • Numbers must be entered backwards on both PC CS6 and MAC CS6.
    I don't have CS6, but will try to check it next week
  • Great script. The only issue I am having is that when setting the angle for distribute radial it doesn't seem to allow fractions (22.5 etc.) I needed 7.5 degrees. 48 items into a 360. 
    Good suggestion. Will add it to the next update.
  • Hi Nik,

I'm using Gridder with After Effects CC on a Macbook Pro. It works great except that I do not have the duplicator button, only a "?". Is there a way to fix this?
  • No duplicator button?  
  • Hi Nik,

Same issue here, no duplication button on PC , AE CC 2015.

Can you help us please ?

• Same here, duplication button is greyed out, not clickable. Windows, CS6.
  • Is the duplicator mode no longer going to be part of this script? Would love verification one way or another on this. Thanks!
  • In addition to the duplicator mode not working, I can also not make the spiral mode work.
    I wanted to go from a grid shape to a random looking spiral, but can't get it to set keys or to show anything in circle mode.
  • In addition to the duplicator mode not working, I can also not make the spiral mode work.

I wanted to go from a grid shape to a random looking spiral, but can't get it to set keys or to show anything in circle mode.
    Hi, Synnove. Well, Gridder is kinda old product as you see and there may be some issues with it. I'm finishing 2.0 release built from scratch, and spirals are no problem there.
    As for duplicator, it became increasingly unstable back then and now with new asynchronous AE engine it's even worse so I decided not to work on it anymore.

If you want, I may send you a prerelease version of Gridder 2.0
  • Well, Gridder is kinda old product as you see and there may be some issues with it. I'm finishing 2.0 release built from scratch, and spirals are no problem there.
    Let us know when 2.0 is out so I can pay you for the new script!
  • Is there a Gridder 2 coming?
  • Hi Nik. Thanks for the great script. Like others, I'm missing the duplicator mode. How do I get this feature? Thanks again!

Tom
  • Unable to execute script at line 17. Invalid image data. 

Mac os 10.11.6

After Effects cc 2017.1

• Unable to execute script at line 17. Invalid image data. 

Mac os 10.11.6

After Effects cc 2017.1

Hi, Mauro! Would you please submit a support ticket so we could pin down this issue?
  • the effect "spiral" create by spiral mode 's expression button is unnecessary to set the expression " if(value==0) value = 1 else value " :)
    I am pleasure to test the 2.0