• The script is working great. My question is, reviewing your tutorials, how do you get the Tracker2Mask on a tab within AE. Currently using AE CS5. Right now for me to run the script I have to go to File->Scripts. I don't see anything for Tracker2Mask under Windows. Would be nice to have it on tab as you have.
    Thanks in advance

• I figured it out, I neglected to put the script into ScriptUI Panels folder, all good now:) -Thx
  • this doesn't seem to work in Cs3 any more?

thanks
  • Hi James,

it should be compatible with CS3. What problem do you have?

Best,
    Mathias
  • hey Mathias

loving your scripts (got most of them : )
    quick question thought,,, the logo doesnt appear in tracker2mask,,, where am i meant to put the "tracker2mask_logo.png"? i tried a few places, but never seems to find it...
    + on a side note,,, is there a way to get mochaimport+ & iexpression background color to adjust to the same shade of grey as the rest of AE,, as these 2 don't seem to adjust & stay on the same shade of grey,,, which stands out in my "as dark as possible" ae interface...

obvioulsy, nothing majorly urgent to fix,, as these minor interface tweak don't affect the performance,,, it just would be nice to have all looking sweet at some point...

thanks
    & keep up the good work
  • Hi,

the background color of MI+ and iExpressions cannot be adjusted, since the UI makes use of some images that include background color. Unfortunately, transparent images are not supported by the scripting UI, therefore, its the only possibility to get nice, compact UIs with icons. I know its not optimal, but currently its the best we can do.

For tracker2mask:
    If you unzip the download right into the "ScriptUI Panels" folder, everything should automatically be in place, i.e. the image should be in a subfolder "Tracker2Mask_Images" of the "ScriptUI Panel" folder

Glad you like my tools! :-)

Best,
    Mathias
  • hey Mathias!

The problem I am having in cs3 is the buttons don't show up: <  >  etc.

Freeze Selection, Interpolation Method, Local Modifications etc those all show up.
  • Hi James,
    did you install it properly in the "ScriptUI Panels" folder as shown in this video:
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-install-and-run-scripts/

Is the problem solved if you isntead run the script via the AE menu file->scripts->run script file?
    (see here how to do that: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-run-scripts-if-you-do-not-have-access-to-scriptui-panels-folder/)

If all scripts show up with empty UI, it also helps to restart AE (CS6 has sometimes issues with that).

• Yes it is installed correctly and I tried running from file > scripts > run script.

Same result no buttons.
  • Oh, wow, this is strange. I thought the entire UI is missing.
    I 've never had a case like this before, where only the buttons in the first row are missing.

Could you please open a new support ticket here:
    https://aescripts.com/contact/

Make sure to be logged in with your customer account and that you've properly entered your AE version, operating system etc.

Best,
    Mathias
  • I just looked at the code and I have an idea what the problem could be. If you open the support ticked, I can send you an version that hopefully fixes the issue.
  • ok. ticket submitted.

Thanks very much Mathias.
  • Hallo Mathias,
    Bitte Tracker2Mask in deutsch übersetzen!!

Mfg
    Reinhold
  • Hallo Reinhold,

die Benutzeroberfläche von Tracker2Mask ist auf Deutsch übersetzt. Wenn Du auf den Button mit dem Fragezeichen in der Benutzeroberfläche klickst, öffnet sich ein Dialog in dem Du die Sprache umstellen kannst.

Viele Grüße,
    Mathias
  • Hallo Mathias,
    vielen Dank für die Auskunft! Werde es heute kaufen!!

Mfg
    Reinhold
  • How about a link to the fellow on chromakey who was 'tooned' with this script? Any tutorial would be helpful. Thanks.
  • Hi Alejandro,
    this clip was done by Patrick Siemer. 
    Here is an article where he describes the approach in a little bit more detail:

Cheers,
    Mathias