HUD over Comp (not an "Ironman-esque" hud design)
  • Cinema 4d has a feature that many of us love.  It's a Functional HUD that can be displayed over objects to give information or to provide controls for an object with out taking your eyes off the editor window.  This, as we all know, is a great feature for accessing properties that get animated alot.  (especially useful when animating Characters).  But the HUD in Cinema is completely customizable and the user can display any information he or she needs to properly monitor events with out moving his or her eyes away to much.  

I could see the HUD acting much like the info window, but with more features.  A selected layer will have it's properties accessible from the info displayed.  Or you could option-click it "off" if you don't want it displayed.  You could move it over objects and fine tune things without losing your spot.  It would never scale or repo with the comp and could be visible during playback

I could see how a HUD type feature would eliminate a lot of need for some pallets as well.  

I put the thought to all of us here at aescripts because the tools created here are much more forward thinking than what Adobe puts out each year.

• This is a feature that really should be implemented by Adobe to work as you'd expect (as it does in C4D).  However, we do have the 3D widgets tool which will give you some of what you are asking for.