Shortcut Key Reference
  • Hi David
    i'm having trouble locating this "undefined" shortcut file on my mac.
    could it be somewhere other than suggested?
    i did a search for "undefined" but coud not find,, & had a good look at all other places
    what is this shortfile actually called? & is there a way to download it again?
    thanks
    Nicky
  • My guess is that you are using Windows. Below is a section from the Adobe online help that shows the normal paths to that file:

Preferences, including keyboard shortcuts and workspaces, are stored in files in the following locations:

• (Mac OS) <drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/10.0

• (Windows) <drive>\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\10.0

In After Effects CS6, preferences can be revealed without searching your hard drive for them. To reveal preferences, choose Edit > Preferences > General (Windows), or After Effects > Preferences > Genereal (Mac OS) and do one of the following:

• Click the Reveal Preferences in Explorer button (Windows).

• Click the Reveal Preferences in Finder button (Mac OS).

Clicking the button opens the folder containing the After Effects preference files.

If you have to search your computer manually, then shortcut file name for after effects is "Adobe After Effects 11.0 Shortcuts".

Just change the version number above according to what version After Effects you are running when searching your computer.
    CS6 = 11.0
    CS5.5 = 10.5
    CS5 = 10.0
    CS4 = 9.0
    CS3 = 8.0
  • tried to install this multiple times. Cannot find the file that it asks for and it is NOT included in the installation file. Exactly how would I install this thing and make it work?
  • The script would go in the ScriptUI Panels folder. The file the script try’s to search for and load for reading is the actual Adobe After Effects supplied shortcuts document. Only After Effects will create this file when you install After Effects. The script should have an option to click and manually look for and select that file. Adobe has changed the name of the file numerous times over the years which is why the manual selected option was added. Other possibilities of script failure could easily be an update that Adobe made perhaps that makes the script break. What version After Effects are you running? Also what OS are you running? Mac and Windows have very different file path locations.