BG Renderer - Multiple BG Renderer rendering same frame
  • I am on a Mac running v10.9.2 wiht 32GB of RAM and using AE 5.5. So I set up to render a PNG sequence of my project. I learned that you can set up several BG Render windows to simultaneously work on the same project. Each window would render a different frame. However when I did that I noticed that all the windows seemed to be rendering ALL the frames and not skipping frames that were already rendered. I left it rendering thinking I was maybe reading the Terminal window wrong. Next morning, of the 8 BG Renderer windows I had launched 6 of them crashed and what would take 6hrs to render out of AE alone was now taking 11hrs with BG Renderer! What the heck am I doing wrong? 

Here's what I did. I sent my project to the render que in AE. Set up the PNG sequence and saved it locally on my hard drive. Went to BG Renderer window and checked Advanced Settings. Changed the Priority to High. Finally I hit BG Render and saved my file. I then did it 7 more times. Am I missing something? Thanks!
  • You need to turn on the "Skip existing frames" option in the render settings.  Also, this is not the correct place to post this, please post in the BG Renderer discussion.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions